Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

ross perot?
    #1933327 - 09/19/03 05:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i was a little young back when he was running. what was his platform? where did he stand on the issues?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: ross perot? [Re: ]
    #1933335 - 09/19/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

From my understanding of it, he was basically a paranoid lunatic who split with the Republican party after "they" supposedly crashed his daughter's wedding. Of course, I'm about as young as you are, so I don't have much recollection of it either.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: ross perot? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1933528 - 09/19/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Actually,

Ross Perot participated in several operations durring daddy bush's presidency to get pows out of various areas. He contributed his own money and was quite a patriot. The story goes that during these operations he happened to stumble upon things that werent quite right. Like arms running and drug running. He also found out that the profits from them were being used to run CIA covert operations. The kind of shit that they cant declare in their annual budget.

He actually went to speak to Bush Sr. about it and he was told to keep his nose in his own business. Ross Perot has said on several occasions that he didnt run because he actually thought he stood any chance of being elected, but because he thought that Bush and his ilk were so apprehensible that he wanted his purpose in life to be acting as a thorn in their side.

I like Ross Perot, all in all, he is a decent guy and he sure as fuck wouldnt be running a 400 trillion dollar defict right now.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: ross perot? [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1933559 - 09/19/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

one of my friend's dad was a high level executive at EDS (Perot's company)

My friend used to go with his dad up to work and would often spend a lot of time with Mr. Perot.  He said that Perot was a great guy.  Perot even let my friend hold a stack of money totalling $50,000 once, just for fun!

Anyway, according to my friend, Perot's personal motto was:

"Get in, Fuck shit up, and Get out."

kind of funny when you think about his presidential campaign :smile:

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #1933566 - 09/19/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

His main platform was opposition to the federal government running a deficit. He did these presentations with pie charts and graphs and stuff on TV. They were sort of like infomercials, but they were his way of campaigning.

Aside from running as an independent, his biggest problem was that, when asked for details about how he would eliminate the deficit, he gave answers along the lines of "I'll just go in there and manage it." He tried to make it sound like being President of the US wasn't really much different than being CEO of a large corporation.

He certainly made that election more interesting than it would have been without him.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: ross perot? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1933822 - 09/19/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ross Perot is a man of men...

I have been a registered reform party member since I could vote, (11 years now).

I will vote reform party every election because Ross came the closest with 12% of the vote to the US actualy accepting a 3rd party in their 50/50 system...

Plus, Ive heard only good things about Ross. The guy is the kind of person we need to run our nation, he stands for the people and dont like what others are doing.

Ross Perot = Reform Party
Ross Perot = Business man with compassion
Ross Perot = giving government back to the people
Ross Perot = Good.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: ross perot? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1933838 - 09/19/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You vote Reform Party in every election? So you voted for Pat Buchanon, the Nazi sympathizer?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1933873 - 09/19/03 10:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with a lot of what Ross said. But he shot himself in the foot with the wedding paranoia, and that Larry King Live debate with Al Gore. He never really recovered after that.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: ross perot? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1934102 - 09/19/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ToxicMan said:
His main platform was opposition to the federal government running a deficit. He did these presentations with pie charts and graphs and stuff on TV. They were sort of like infomercials, but they were his way of campaigning.

Aside from running as an independent, his biggest problem was that, when asked for details about how he would eliminate the deficit, he gave answers along the lines of "I'll just go in there and manage it." He tried to make it sound like being President of the US wasn't really much different than being CEO of a large corporation.

He certainly made that election more interesting than it would have been without him.

I think he would have done a good job too. His problem is he has the personality of a rock, and pretty much scares people with the way he looks and talks.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: ross perot? [Re: shakta]
    #1934192 - 09/20/03 12:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pretty much scares people with the way he looks and talks.

Yes, physical apperance affects voters far more than they'd care to admit. Perot was also a very short man. And no short men have been elected President in the television age. Remember Michael Dukakis?

It's a shame really. I mean could Abraham Lincoln or FDR be elected President today? And they were two of our greatest.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: ross perot? [Re: Jellric]
    #1934206 - 09/20/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Lincoln looked like an alien! Perot sure as hell would have dealt with any terrorists that attacked us. He hired his own mini-army to go in and get his people out.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: ross perot? [Re: shakta]
    #1936588 - 09/20/03 10:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah,

And he would have gotten BIN LADEN by now, the only currently sought person labeled a terrorist who participated on a high level in attacking us.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom