Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
The Hypocricy of a Member of the Left
    #1933100 - 09/19/03 06:24 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

If it takes an "initation of force" to stop people being murdered, abused and used as slaves then that's fine by me.

Link

I'm sure the good people of Iraq will be glad to hear that. Or is it OK if a murderous dictator is the cause of the murder and abuse?

Quote:

I have a personal preference that corporations shouldn't be allowed to exploit and abuse people, destroy the environment and kill anyone who attempts to form a union or defend their people against exploitation.

Yes, much better to allow a dictator to exploit and abuse people, destroy the environment, and kill anyone who.... well, does just about anything.

So, why is it OK to be concerned about workers, who choose to work for a wage (be it low or not), yet nary a word is said about citizens of a country who are beaten, tortured, raped, robbed, and murdered?

Can we all say..... hypocrisy?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (09/19/03 06:29 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The Hypocricy of the Left [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1933108 - 09/19/03 06:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You're taking the posts from two people and saying that all of "the left" is hypocritical? Can you say "ad hominem"? Or how about "hypocrisy"? Or even better, "irony"?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1933109 - 09/19/03 06:27 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yes, lets make two people into one, and then make that one person a whole group of people...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: The Hypocricy of the Left [Re: silversoul7]
    #1933114 - 09/19/03 06:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
You're taking the posts from two people and saying that all of "the left" is hypocritical? Can you say "ad hominem"?

Actually, it was from one, but you're completely correct. It was a poor choice of subjects and I'll edit it.

Thanks for the nudge.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1933115 - 09/19/03 06:29 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: The Hypocricy of the Left [Re: domite]
    #1933124 - 09/19/03 06:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Let him him draw lines in the sand if it makes him feel special..

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: The Hypocricy of a Member of the Left [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1933130 - 09/19/03 06:33 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So why is it that we aren't invading N. Korea or Zimbabwe or China?

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: The Hypocricy of the Left [Re: domite]
    #1933134 - 09/19/03 06:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

domite said:
yes, lets make two people into one, and then make that one person a whole group of people...

As I said to silver, both quotes are from one individual, and I corrected my poor choice of words in the subject line. It's been a long couple of days and I should have been more careful.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1933146 - 09/19/03 06:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So now that you've changed the topic, it's become nothing more than a personal attack on a poster on this forum.  Cute.  :smirk:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: The Hypocricy of a Member of the Left [Re: Edame]
    #1933157 - 09/19/03 06:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Edame said:

A reading of my earlier posts before the war will show I repeatedly stated I hoped we wouldn't go in.

N. Korea and Zimbabwe both need help. I hope we don't go in there either.

China? China's leaders have set free the wheels of change, probably without realizing it. Give it 20 or 30 years and China's leaders will be way too busy trying to provide the goods their citizens will be screaming for.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: The Hypocricy of a Member of the Left [Re: silversoul7]
    #1933162 - 09/19/03 06:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
So now that you've changed the topic, it's become nothing more than a personal attack on a poster on this forum.  Cute.  :smirk: 

Actually no, there's a question there and a personal observation.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: The Hypocricy of a Member of the Left [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1933475 - 09/19/03 08:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So, why is it OK to be concerned about workers, who choose to work for a wage (be it low or not), yet nary a word is said about citizens of a country who are beaten, tortured, raped, robbed, and murdered?

First of all, let me say that it is very telling that every society
or nation in the modern world that has attempted to initiate equality
by force has devolved into an absolutely ruthless and brutal
dictatorship. But, I digress.

Watching out for the "little guy", "the oppressed", or "the
downtrodden", is admirable....to a point.

Extreme left-wingers have an ingrained urge to rebel. They frame the
world in a black and white view that says that anybody who is on top
in any way is an oppressor who doesn't deserve to be there, and
anybody on the bottom is oppressed and they don't deserve to be
there. Inequality irks the hell out of them. And, they have a tough
time admitting that the inequalities that people experience may be
because of their own personal choices in life.

They gloss over crimes of the people that they view as victims.
Third-world countries are commonly viewed as victims of "American
Imperialism". So, when a third world dictator executes a few
dissenters and doesn't hold free elections, they don't raise
much of a stink. If America attempts to do anything that is in
its own interest, they scream and holler.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1933518 - 09/19/03 09:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
I corrected my poor choice of words in the subject line. It's been a long couple of days and I should have been more careful.

Hehehehehe!!!

You are a funny guy, no matter what else is true about you...

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: The Hypocricy of a Member of the Left [Re: Edame]
    #1934176 - 09/20/03 02:17 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Edame said:

Say you see a fat roach(the insect) in your living room. You hate cockroaches, and so you go to smash it. Then someone yells "Wait there are roaches in the bathroom too! You can't kill that one, because there are more over here!". You can only kill one roach at a time.

You also have to look at this realistically. We hope to reshape the region basically. Freeing Iraq will have a more positive outcome on the entire region than freeing Zimbabwe would. North Korea has a giant army, and probably nukes. If we attack them millions in Seoul would be dead almost instantly. They have all kinds of guns and rockets in the hills across the boarder that could easily reach Seoul. They have also said the city would be a fireball if we attacked them. They can be negotiated with I believe. They have shown the willingness to do so in the past. Ultimately, what do they have to gain, by not negotiating? We aren't dealing with religious fanatics in NK.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: The Hypocricy of the Left [Re: silversoul7]
    #1935204 - 09/20/03 12:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

silversoul7 writes:

So now that you've changed the topic, it's become nothing more than a personal attack on a poster on this forum.

Hmmm. I think it is more an indication of the self-contradiction often displayed around here. The quotes are from a frequent poster who has made it quite clear that he opposed the war.

He claims it was wrong to initiate force to free people who are literally being murdered, abused, and enslaved (Iraqi citizens), yet he sees no contradiction in advocating systemic initiation of force to prevent people from voluntarily accepting employment in regions where wages are lower than they are in more advanced nations.

Where's the consistency?

I should also point out that this same contradictory view is held by quite a few others who post here -- it is just that rarely is the contradiction stated so baldly.

pinky

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion