Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Experience Writing.
    #1932364 - 09/19/03 02:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So...ive been tallying up the psychoactives i have under my belt...and its getting up there. Everyone consults me for information regarding dosing, combos, acquiring, growing...everything ever related to drugs, and i guess i am becomming quite the experienced and knowledgeable tripper.

ive been keeping a database of my experiences on my harddrive, and have been thinking about starting an Erowid user account...

However, i find the way i write my experiences to all be different, Im going to make a formal Form for writing experiences, to kind of...keep thing's organized and direct. Ill include headings: Duration, Substances, Past Experience, Date and Time. And will also catagorically explain the sequence of events using T+:

Basically i just want to know What you guys look for in trip reports and what formats you appreciate. What do you want to see.?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Experience Writing. [Re: PDU]
    #1932375 - 09/19/03 02:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Tommorow i am going for probably a very heavy experience, and i will write two reports, an engaging narrative, and an analytical report.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
    #1932682 - 09/19/03 03:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I always like the well written more story type of reports. The logs arent quite as gripping as a good piece of writing. I always try and put hidden meanings and tons of metaphors in mine but still some humor, just so its fun to read. And for gods sake, use paragraphs!
reading one big block of text hurts my eyes.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1932769 - 09/19/03 04:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer to write each trip report on it's own, without any set method. It gives me much more creative room.

A trip is anything but normal, and human language was created to describe the things that we all NORMALLY experience. I find language breaks down at the slightest touch of psychedelic, as they are just too abnormal of an experience.

So to properly convey the feel and atmosphere of the trip, I like to write the trip as more of a story than a "report".

But I do like to see a nice structured trip report, too. I feel they are more of a scientific attempt to describe the nature of tripping.

But as I said, personally I like to go for an enhanced meaning  :smirk:

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Experience Writing. [Re: trendal]
    #1933091 - 09/19/03 06:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I feel exactly the same trendal, Language fails horribly at trying to capture the essence of the mind. Its futile...but story's are engaging, I love reading them...i can really imagine it, its not just some kid sitting with a clipboard infront of his computer taking notes.
However, oftentimes im looking for trip log's in a scientific format so i can easily find what i need i need to find. I guess it just comes down to reading priority.
Ive been meaning to write more...but have been kind of absent of ideas, I think im going to take a good amount of time and write good gripping experiences aswell as scientific report for every big experience i have.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Experience Writing. [Re: trendal]
    #1933092 - 09/19/03 06:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I feel exactly the same trendal, Language fails horribly at trying to capture the essence of the mind. Its futile...but story's are engaging, I love reading them...i can really imagine it, its not just some kid sitting with a clipboard infront of his computer taking notes.
However, oftentimes im looking for trip log's in a scientific format so i can easily find what i need i need to find. I guess it just comes down to reading priority.
Ive been meaning to write more...but have been kind of absent of ideas, I think im going to take a good amount of time and write good gripping experiences aswell as scientific report for every big experience i have.

Thanks guys.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports