Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: Dava]
    #1931817 - 09/19/03 08:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dava said:
I d love to work for the intelligence services.
Highly paid and the only thing you ve got to do is believeing Saddam and other scum.

That doesn't make any sense. What are you trying to say?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: shakta]
    #1931820 - 09/19/03 08:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There was a recent study published in various journals of psychology that demonstrated a link between right-wing or conservative political philosophy and various personality flaws - principly the narcisistic and psychopathic personalities.
They often exhibit compulsive and anal behaviours, do not have the developed emotional responses required for empathy, and have paranoid tendencies.
Its fact.

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1931823 - 09/19/03 08:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thats if you believe pyschology to be an accurate basis for comparison of personality types...

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1931824 - 09/19/03 08:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bluemeanie said:
There was a recent study published in various journals of psychology that demonstrated a link between right-wing or conservative political philosophy and various personality flaws - principly the narcisistic and psychopathic personalities.
They often exhibit compulsive and anal behaviours, do not have the developed emotional responses required for empathy, and have paranoid tendencies.
Its fact.

Oh yeah, the one that was done by the liberals at Berkeley? That is a credible source.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1931916 - 09/19/03 09:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quite a few assertions, no sources. Care to present them?

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1932047 - 09/19/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There was a recent study published in various journals of psychology that demonstrated a link between right-wing or conservative political philosophy and various personality flaws - principly the narcisistic and psychopathic personalities.They often exhibit compulsive and anal behaviours, do not have the developed emotional responses required for empathy, and have paranoid tendencies.

Certainly very accurate in regards to the right-wingers on this board. Maybe auto and randallflag are the exceptions that prove the rule.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: Xlea321]
    #1932055 - 09/19/03 10:25 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

LOL, a nice generalisation there :wink:

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1932218 - 09/19/03 12:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Are you saying it's a fact that the study was published, or fact that 'right-wingers' have these personality types (or are you saying both)?

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: Edame]
    #1932281 - 09/19/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe not all of them but there's hell of alot on this board which fit that to a tee..

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: Bhairabas]
    #1932304 - 09/19/03 12:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Heh.

There didnt need to be a study done. I dunno why links are being called for. People, look around you.

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: Bhairabas]
    #1932327 - 09/19/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe, but my bullshit-o-meter is still flying off the scale (and I posted that study here).

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Edited by Edame (09/19/03 12:30 PM)

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: Edame]
    #1943732 - 09/23/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well, glad to be vindicated by a neo-con inaugurated thread (irony is delightful) :laugh:

America's Shameful Schools
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

...in contest to...

Quote:

shakta said:
Well we can read quite well, especially since we are not all decendents of a bunch of exiled inmates.

...LMAO. The thread ^above points out the US ranks 14th in high school levels to the world. That's piss poor. Just what I have said earlier in this very thread :rolleyes: and got flamed for pointing it out LOL :laugh:

Quote:

shakta said:
Rudy was a very popular Mayor before 9/11 ever happened. You don't know what you are talking about.

Haha, no he wasn't!! If Sep 11th never happened, he'd have been a second rate. He found fame, like Bush, on Sep 11th. (as a side note, let's not forget Bush only scraped in and even that's questionable).

Quote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/wtccrash/story/0,1300,595523,00.html
Before September 11 Rudolph Giuliani was yesterday's man. Now he's a national hero.

Quote:

http://www.abc.net.au/am/s448780.htm
In the wake of September 11, Rudolph Giuliani has been born again as America's hero. Most people forgetting or ignoring that he's been a mixed success as Mayor. He slashed crime and homelessness but made enemies among minority groups and anti-development lobbyists. He hit the headlines for scandal in his personal life, including the collapse of his marriage and his battle with prostate cancer but there aren't many city mayors who are international celebrities and Rudy Giuliani's leadership after September 11 has assured him a note in the history books of America and the hearts of its citizens.

Quote:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/people/shows/giuliani/profile.html
Rising from the ashes
Giuliani was limping toward the end of his second term as mayor of New York when an airliner crashed into Manhattan's World Trade Center the morning of September 11.

Finally pinky, when 7 out of 10 people believe a lie...

7 out of 10 Americans still see Hussein - 9/11 link
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rt=all&vc=1

...I believe they're 'tards. In fact, they're neo-con drones. They bought the lie like good patriots. :rolleyes: If that's not PeeCee for you, then tough. I don't suffer thin skinned people who obfuscate the truth to an agenda, not that I'm impugning. :smile:

But hey I have to chuckle as the spin from the neo-con camp in how to deal with this is positively priceless. They just won't come out and say "ok folks, we screwed up and kicked off a war all based on a lie". :biglaugh:

Quote:

unlikelyhero said:
Boys, boys... calm down.  No more flaming.  Let's not turn this into a name-calling fest when it's way more fun to ask someone to try and deny what was said by Hans Blix and what has been discovered of late.  Let's clarify:
There never were WMDs.
Iraq was never a threat.
The whole war was based on a lie.

Can someone argue against that with reputable sources?

UH 

unlikelyhero, I agree and yes, I'd like to see them argue (against your post) :wink: 

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: Starter]
    #1943741 - 09/23/03 08:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

unlikelyhero, I agree and yes, I'd like to see them argue (your post)

Alrighty then. Show me proof Bush knwingly lied to us. You are the one who claims this, so the burden of proof is on you.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1943751 - 09/23/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Read unlikelyhero's post ^above *again*. That's the gist of the thread. (Seeking to throw the thread off into orbit has been a tidy game you enjoy shakta).

btw, I changed in my ^above post, the "(your post)" to "(against your post)" for clarity. No biggie.

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #1943756 - 09/23/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Again, I call bullshit.

It was not a single person on this board who claimed that Iraq DID have WMD, or that they were an imminent threat to the US. It was our "president" who claimed these things, and used these claims to INVADE a soverign nation.

I believe the onus is thus on the Bush administration to fess up to the FACT that they lied.

I quit.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1943757 - 09/23/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Not at all. Who lied, and were is the proof. The problem with this thread to begin with is the fact Blix said they probably got rid of their WMDs after '91, and that Saddam kept up the appearance of having them to prevent an attack.

Having said that, how is Bush at fault? If Saddam gave the appearance of having them, why should anyone have believed he didn't. You have no proof he lied.

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1943761 - 09/23/03 09:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

As for proving Bush knowingly lied to the world to start the war, well we'll either have to wait a long time before the secret papers are out (ha if we get that lucky) or we never will, because they'll be long since memory holed...sort of like finding papers of the "Final Solution".

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1943773 - 09/23/03 09:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

GernBlanston writes:

It was not a single person on this board who claimed that Iraq DID have WMD, or that they were an imminent threat to the US. It was our "president" who claimed these things, and used these claims to INVADE a soverign nation.

Not only did George W. Bush claim Hussein had not destroyed his existing bio and chem weapons stocks, it was the belief of every single intelligence agency in the world, as well as the UN Security Council.

And, as has been pointed out here before, George W. Bush did not claim Iraq was an imminent threat.

Those two points aside, there were other arguments to be made against deposing Hussein through the use of military force. We have all seen them presented here many times. It appears agreement will never be reached on whether or not those arguments were compelling ones.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: Phred]
    #1943783 - 09/23/03 09:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That would, indeed, seem to be the case.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Blix: Iraq had no WMD since 1991 [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1943805 - 09/23/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Today's Sydney Morning Herald (AM edition) front page story.

Quote:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/23/1064082997799.html
Poll: majority of Australians 'feel misled' by Howard
Almost 70 per cent of Australians believe John Howard misled them on his case for war in Iraq, a new poll shows.

Most perculiar how one tribe of 70% drones buy the spin and over my way, more informed and without the Prez hype, are exactly the opposite. Give it time, it will sink in over there, err if that high school education level wasn't a drama. :rolleyes: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder