Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroom286
Stranger
2 shrooms, Please Identify
    #1930043 - 09/18/03 07:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

all three are found in southeastern pennsylvania.

This one was found in the lawn. my dog sometimes shits in the lawn if that matters. wasnt any higher then the grass was. spore print appears to be brownish to a bronze, but when i first looked at it, it was black

im thinking agaricus campestris
-------------------------------------------

this was found in dirt under a tree in the shade. there were about ten acompanying it.

this one has a blackish ring (like the color of the gills)around the base of the cap (like a paneolus). spore print is black, the stem broke like a dry twig.

this shroom is almost see through in that i can see the color behind the shroom when i put a light through it. heres some more pics to clarify pictures.

side view

from the top

underside

-----------------------

if you could give me an indentification for any of the three that would be great. would also like to know if they are hallucinogenic

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: 2 shrooms, Please Identify [Re: shroom286]
    #1930143 - 09/18/03 08:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

YAY! A new user who's read the stickies and knows the drill. Mad props to you man.

Based on appearance and gill color I'd say the first mushroom is some kind of Agaricus... possibly a good edible, but could also be poisonous. I'll let ToxicMan key this one out, he seems to be the Agaricus expert.

Second one... hard to say without that print. If it's a Pan, it's an inactive pan. I'm thinking Panaeolus, Conocybe, or Psathyerlla.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1930655 - 09/18/03 11:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I would agree, the first one is some sort of Agaricus. Most likely not edible, and definetly NOT hallucinogenic.

Mushroom two appears to be a Paneolus foenisecii, or a better guess would be Psathyrella gracilis (group). Niether are hallucinogenic nor considered edible!!

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1930880 - 09/19/03 12:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm with Gumby. Mad props to you! It's nice to see somebody actually post the stuff we need to know to make an ID.

On the first one - was the spore print similar to the color of the gills in your photo, or more like dark chocolate? If we go with the spores being similar to the photo (or even a bit darker), I'm inclined to suggest Agrocybe. The gills don't look to me like they would have been completely free from the stem - more adnate to notched.

Going with the stated black spore print for the second one, I'd go with Panaeolus.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinedavidg47
Bellinghamster
Loc: Bellingham
Re: 2 shrooms, Please Identify [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1931308 - 09/19/03 02:59 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I hope everyone notices that when an ID request is properly formulated, 3 experts/mods reply nicely and succinctly. This is how this forum is supposed to work. Excellent job.

--------------------
"You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink (or mushroom)"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification