Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata
    #1926448 - 09/17/03 07:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Here are some more shots of the liberty caps growing on a city park lawn in whatcom county. Note the bluing shown in the pictures. Oh and yea these mushrooms are neat.

Hope everyone enjoys.....

--------------------
stay off my land

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: cardboard]
    #1926490 - 09/17/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

good god man,,, must be nice.. I have a question??? How did you get away with uploading those huge pictures???? they are over 300 kb apiece... I thought the limit was 400kb per user per day???? Anyway those look absolutly yumma licious.... Enjoy!! I just realised that they are hosted on another site.. and linked to .... sorry...

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: nofind_um]
    #1926494 - 09/17/03 08:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

nice!

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
    #1926673 - 09/17/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Your new camera is really nice CB. Great find. Those look pretty meaty too, and yes I saw the bleuing. Keep em' coming.

PS. Where is the Lost Coast brewery?

Edited by Stymee (09/17/03 08:57 PM)

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: Stymee]
    #1926734 - 09/17/03 09:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yummmmm.

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: Stymee]
    #1926742 - 09/17/03 09:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Great shots man, you can even see the veils on the little ones :thumbup:

Pretty nice little collection you got there too, way to get the season started :grin:.

DH

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: spores]
    #1926833 - 09/17/03 09:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Please post a trip report link :laugh: pls pls pls I am really curious about libs I have heard they do not have the same trip qualities as cubes do..

Offlinecardboard

Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: whole9]
    #1927017 - 09/17/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Heh sorry about the huge size i am a little lazy about things. Stymee, the lost coast brewery is in Eureka Calif, you can find their brews at many grocery stores and the likes...its very tasty. Whole9, semilanceata are much more potent than cubensis the trip is very different but its hard to put to words.

--------------------
stay off my land

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #1927022 - 09/17/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Great friggin fotos Cardboard. He crops the imaes so they stay real buig. I just learned how to do that nbut then i also have a jpeg compressor to shrink them even more.

I am very jealous. Those are two of the nicest liberty foptos I have even seen in my life. Exactly as I seem them when I pick them

Can I post these in my CD-Rom of a bibliographyu of entheogenic fungi. I woill be motre than will ing to give you a free cd of the book.

mj

PM me/. I wold love to go picking with you and have you show me what I am doing wrong with my digital camera. I am having serious problems with both outdoor and indoor images.

Mj

Pm me.

And again. great magnificent fotos.

I took this in the Seattle Arboretum collection in 1974 or 1976. Cannot recall it was from a slide image. If I can find it I will make a larger inmage and then crop it.

mjI had many buit my ex wife through aout a lot of my books and negatives and photos and slides

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (09/17/03 10:56 PM)

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #1928359 - 09/18/03 07:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Very nice cardboard, very nice!!!! I guess I missed the post where you bought a new camera, what did you end up getting ? Takes some nice shots whatever it is.

How common is that? Finding libs on lawns. I was under the impression that this was quite the rare occurance, or is it more common thatn I think?

Once again, great pics. I found my first Ps. weilii patch while walking my dog, ever since then I always take him with when I visit that patch, just for good luck :smile:

LK,

--------------------

Offlinecardboard

Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: Lizard King]
    #1928598 - 09/18/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

LK, shes a fuji finepix 2650....not a very expensive camera but she takes some nice macroshots. Still cant get a decent picture of semis in the ground, prolly need a multi thousand dollar digi for that. As for rarity of semilanceata on lawns i would say its definetly uncommon but obvioulsy possible. I am not sure if its what they feed the lawn or if there used to be a pasture at this site or what, the semilanceata however have been coming up throughout the expansive lawns at this park for at least the last 3-4 years. Taking dogs out mushroom hunting can be good and bad depending how many distractions are around for the dog.

MJ, thanks for the kind words, you are more than welcome to use those images for your archives and whatnot, just make sure cardboard gets proper credit. As for your digi camera unless its out of the stone age you should be able to get good closeups just by putting it on macromode and letting it focus on the subject(s). If your ever up in whatcom county we could definetly go hunting,. there are some odd specimens up here including the strange myceofile cyanofribrollsa and the odd pelliculsa i posted last fall.

Thanks for the kind words everyone i will be taking more pictures soon =)

--------------------
stay off my land

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1928630 - 09/18/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Just Beautiful!! :laugh:

BTW-- W9, hey uploaded those pictures do a different server and then linked them over here. 

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: angryshroom]
    #1928780 - 09/18/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

HI, As for your camera cardboard, I have a small tripod and i set it on close up mode in the scene menu. Then I put the timer on and get some halfway decent shots, but my 2 megapixel camera took better photos then some of the ones I have taken with my four mega pixiel nikon cool pix 4300. I am disappointed. but i just posted int he shroom hunting forum two good looking pictures of copes on a full page, luckily I have a jpeg compressor anno traded me a year or so ago so I can cut the kb size in hallf or less.

I would live to come up there. I'll send uyouu a pm. I would love to get some lawn shots. Who knows aybe we might run into a batch of baeosytis in a lawn.

The shrooms (p. semis) in a lwan come in with fertilizers from fields where the liberty caps are growing. The size of yours indicates tall grass so that was cool but they are perfectly healthy. You should have laid them out in a light at home and them rephotographed the streaw yellow color of them in their hygrophanous stage or even peeled back the pellicle, thinkgs I plan to try with my camera. I am working today ont he flkies, worms rotted shroom caps of dung shrooms and the stoned ants who eat the worms who ate the gshrooms that the flies laid their eggs int he shit. Will be posting that sometime today,.

AM still having a diskette problem. IU have one with a read only file and I cannot open the friggin images or they only open half way and then stop. Later watch for my post and my private pm to you.

When I come up to cisit I will bring you a disc of the bibliography reburnt with your two images in it I am going to add a new gallery sectrion int he bibliography with about thirty or forty new images including your two liberty caps, some angrry shroom panaaeolus subbalteatus and some rich gee P. peliculosas.

mj

And have a shroomy day.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: angryshroom]
    #1928954 - 09/18/03 12:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

angryshroom said:
Just Beautiful!! :laugh:

BTW-- W9, hey uploaded those pictures do a different server and then linked them over here. 

what pictures? lol :laugh:

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
    #1929342 - 09/18/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Is it grown in dog shit? Because how would cow dung get in a city park?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #1929613 - 09/18/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Cow dung gets into city parks and public lawns via liquid fertilizers and manured fertilizers in the fresh sod laid hout her eint he PNW.

It is in the fertilizers where the spores come from. Not from Dog shit. Or cow shit. Only the fertilizers in the grasy top soil or the sod bring them into the cities. In England they are well known along roads and in parks and public areas as are blue ringers and P. fimetaria here int he puget sound.

The liquid fertilizzers bring the liberty caps to the lawns. they do not grow from manure but from manured soil which is more than one year old in pasturelands or meadows or open fertilized fields, playgrounds, lawns, etc.

Now mongoose shit, well thats another story.

However how about frog Guano?

mjshroomer

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1929676 - 09/18/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Very nice find and pictures CB. Glad to hear you're rockin the Fuji too :smile: 

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: bluing in lawn Ps semilanceata [Re: Gumby]
    #1929782 - 09/18/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

mj i just found baeo's lol! and i ran into them on a lawn!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1930445 - 09/18/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Don't be running over them now. Come see me so I can take a few good pictures,

mj Pm me about this.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate