Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomerian
soul explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
Does more light or lack of light during fruiting affect visuals on a trip?
    #19277922 - 12/15/13 06:35 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

question's there....your opinion?

edit: i was thinking....in the beginning i was bombarding them with light an now i just leave them be and they do their thing aniway....

i noticed that i have much less visual experience

did my brain change?

Edited by shroomerian (12/15/13 06:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Re: Does more light or lack of light during fruiting affect visuals on a trip? [Re: shroomerian]
    #19277954 - 12/15/13 06:51 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Potency is determined by genetics, not light exposure. Your experience with psychedelic mushrooms is reliant upon many factors including, but not limited to: Set and setting, potency and your own unique mental health state.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Does more light or lack of light during fruiting affect visuals on a trip? [Re: TheMustardTiger]
    #19277971 - 12/15/13 06:58 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Potency is determined by genetics, not light exposure.

Reference?

We know that proper lighting will make them grow twice as large and have twice or more the weight.  It seems intuitive that other processes would be similarly stimulated, but I've seen no proof one way or the other due to the difficulty of quantifying potency without access to the proper instrumentation.

My only anecdotal evidence comes from ten spawn bags full of cubes I forgot about in a nearly dark area until after they developed ready-to-pick mushrooms.  Everyone who ate them said they got little to no buzz.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinelsms
Strangler
Male

Re: Does more light or lack of light during fruiting affect visuals on a trip? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #19277990 - 12/15/13 07:07 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Doesn't light help to speed up the degradation of Psilocybin?

I believe it was in "Crystals of the Gods" that I read how you should evaporate the alcohol in a dark place.
Also storing it in an amber bottle helped keep potency.

I feel like that is more for long-term storage and is sort of comparing apples to oranges though.:shrug:

--------------------
"We cannot proceed.
You cannot rate yourself."
Or can you?

Edited by lsms (12/15/13 07:09 AM)

OfflineTheMustardTiger
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Re: Does more light or lack of light during fruiting affect visuals on a trip? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #19278000 - 12/15/13 07:13 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I should have mentioned that it was the consensus, not a measured fact. From experience, the potency across different strains may not be quantifiable, but I'm certain that I, and many others, have a good idea of what we're in for when we take x amount of a certain strain. In my opinion, if light does affect potency, it's negligible.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Does more light or lack of light during fruiting affect visuals on a trip? [Re: lsms]
    #19278001 - 12/15/13 07:13 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Be careful of the bullshit you read.  Psilocybin is water soluble, so shouldn't be extracted into alcohol in the first place.  PF started that and we all jumped on the bandwagon to give it a try.

That said, sunlight will also degrade THC if you leave your buds in the sun, but intense sunlight, especially UV cause more THC to be developed in the plants during the growing cycle.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineshroomerian
soul explorer
Male User Gallery

#19278023 - 12/15/13 07:20 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Thanx  allmighty RR :smile:

Advice?

(i was thinking of giving them more intese light after they form into pins)

Offlineshroomerian
soul explorer
Male User Gallery

Re: Does more light or lack of light during fruiting affect visuals on a trip? [Re: TheMustardTiger]
    #19278036 - 12/15/13 07:26 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MustardTiger66 said:
Potency is determined by genetics, not light exposure. Your experience with psychedelic mushrooms is reliant upon many factors including, but not limited to: Set and setting, potency and your own unique mental health state.

I was reffering to the visual aspects of tripping not potency. i see those as a slightly different things

it is light that gives them guidance and energy in some ways...and it's light that reflects off of things and gets to our brains and with the help of psilocibyn makes the walls seethorugh :smile:

and there are other compounds that are present in the mushroom itself so? could more light while growing cubes  make me see more colors?

that's the connection i was trying to explore

that q. is on my mind a long time

thnx everyone for listening

Offlinelsms
Strangler
Male

#19278052 - 12/15/13 07:32 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Be careful of the bullshit you read.  Psilocybin is water soluble, so shouldn't be extracted into alcohol in the first place.
RR

Definitely good to know. Thankfully most bullshit I read is followed by you stating the correct info.:heart:

Do you have any idea what was being extracted that created those crystals?

--------------------
"We cannot proceed.
You cannot rate yourself."
Or can you?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Does more light or lack of light during fruiting affect visuals on a trip? [Re: lsms]
    #19278067 - 12/15/13 07:36 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Salt.  Worthless salt.

There was 'some buzz' from the liquid, but the salts aka crystals were inert.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

OfflineAce1928
Experimenter
Male

Loc: NSW
    #19503735 - 01/31/14 10:18 PM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Be careful of the bullshit you read.  Psilocybin is water soluble, so shouldn't be extracted into alcohol in the first place.  PF started that and we all jumped on the bandwagon to give it a try.

That said, sunlight will also degrade THC if you leave your buds in the sun, but intense sunlight, especially UV cause more THC to be developed in the plants during the growing cycle.
RR

I know this is old but I dislike disinformation.

Alcohol will extract water soluble substances for the most part, although not necessarily as good as water.

Extracting psilocybin into alcohol works. Especially if it is methanol. It is more soluble in water than in ethanol or methanol but methanol is comparable. Ethanol will still work wonderfully if you use more of it than you would water. Downside to methanol is the fact that there are often other chemicals in it which can be bad for you or taste horrible and you do not want to ever drink methanol.

The advantage of using high proof alcohol over water is the lower evap temp meaning that you can get your crystals a whole lot faster.

Be careful of the bullshit you read.

--------------------
Only by embracing that which mother nature has supplied to us can we hope to ever peacefully exist on this planet

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck