Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea?
    #19264187 - 12/12/13 03:28 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I have made it somewhat a ritual to longboard/walk across my town to the local parks while tripping on moderate doses of acid, 3 being my most while mobile. With LSD I can do a bit of exploration and return home long before my peak. I am hoping to roughly ingest 500ug and am asking for people's experiences regarding ability to travel short distances long before the peak on this size dose.

This would include a ~10 minute ride across town to a park, smoking a bowl or two, then riding/walking back depending how I'm feeling. My town is incredibly small and returning home would be a simple task as long as I can see where I am going to a fair degree. Obviously this would be in daylight for full bright/cold nature effect.

To estimate my dose, I intend to sacrifice 1 tab to be cut into 4, taking 1/4 to give a rough microgram estimate (assuming threshold effects are ~20ug). I would take the 1/4 and put the other 1/4 through an ehrlich test (I trust it because it's the same batch, but better safe than sorry IMO). After an hour or so I will attempt to gauge any noticeable effect, then take the last half of that one tab. Assuming I feel a noticeable change with a 1/4 tab, I can estimate that the tabs would be ~80ug. This means I'd be taking 6.5 to give a positive buffer.

(80x6.5=520ug total)

As I said, any experience with mobility on higher doses would be appreciated. This riding I do is almost therapeutic for my mindset as I enter a trip and relaxes any anxieties I have. I listen to my music as I ride and feel the wind around me until I decide to stop amongst the trees and smoke a little cannabis. I sit for a little just to admire the area around me, then ride home. Like I said earlier, I can easily return home within 10 minutes riding at a comfortable pace, so as long as my motor functions are well enough intact I can return quickly. If I can't board but can walk fine, then maybe 30 minutes to get home.

Edited by Godfather1376 (12/12/13 03:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTombc1
Shroomerite
Male

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: Godfather1376]
    #19264630 - 12/12/13 07:48 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry for having nothing useful to add to this, however, I suddenly feel inspired to buy a longboard just to ride while tripping; sounds like it would be awesome.

Invisiblehmmn

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: Tombc1]
    #19265322 - 12/12/13 11:24 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I'd be really careful...have you taken this dose before?  The come-up on high doses of LSD is often greatly abbreviated relative to low doses.

:aweyeah:

OfflineAcidreamer
altered ego
Female

Loc: CA
Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: hmmn]
    #19265471 - 12/12/13 12:04 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

If the most you've taken before is 3 tabs, I would guess that more than doubling your dose to 6.5 tabs ~520ug would be pretty intense and you would have trouble navigating. That kind of dose can very likely induce ego loss and massive confusion IF you are not experienced with high doses, which it sounds like you aren't just yet. I'd bump up your usual dose 1-2 tabs honestly for a more comfortable experience.

OfflinePsychedelic Love
Stranger
Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? *DELETED* [Re: Acidreamer]
    #19266673 - 12/12/13 04:29 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Psychedelic Love

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: Psychedelic Love]
    #19266698 - 12/12/13 04:37 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

so many variables to the outcome that is just one.  it is only a mystery the answer to the question.  could think, what if it was a good idea?  what if bad idea?  ignorance is bliss.  bliss is bliss

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #19268238 - 12/12/13 09:51 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I have taken a 5 strip and stayed at home, but really wanted to do the riding then. However, I only have limited myself to 3 while riding.

I know I'm able to navigate my town very easily, but just wonder if the intensity of OEV's will make travelling difficult. Will it just be intense shifting and fractals, or will I have trouble distinguishing my hand in my face? One makes it a fun walk, the other ends up with me tripping to all hell in my local park lol.

Yes, longboarding is a truly beautiful experience on LSD, so is swinging on a child's swing.

I have taken >1/8 of mushrooms multiple times, but don't ride on them because the peak can come on so quickly. The climb of the LSD allows me to get home before I start peaking very easily.

I also was quite able during a Christmas parade downtown on 3 tabs. Very public, loud, and with police. No problems whatsoever, just one really quiet dude staring at all the floats going by.

Also it is hard to compare blotters to blotters. I have had tabs much stronger than these, so it's more important to look at the estimated ug rather than number of tabs. If I do not feel a 1/4 of a tab, then it is less than 80ug per tab. That means to achieve my dose I'd be taking more like 7-8. If I had 100ug guarenteed, then I'd only need a 5 strip, however I doubt these are 100, I assume ~70-80 and hope to test that.

Edited by Godfather1376 (12/12/13 10:00 PM)

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: Godfather1376]
    #19268936 - 12/13/13 12:54 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Godfather1376 said:
just one really quiet dude staring at all the floats going by.

That made me chuckle

I say do it, man. If you're experienced with your doses and you know what you can and can't handle, which you seem to be, you know whether you're up for it or not. If it feels like a good idea, it doesn't sound like it should be a problem. Enjoy your adventure.

OfflineNelfington
4-ACO-LOL
Male User Gallery

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: Into The Woods]
    #19268958 - 12/13/13 01:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

At 500ug I had extreme trails, overlaid fractals, and insane frame stuttering.

It got to the point where I couldn't even play with my devil sticks anymore.

I can't imagine trying to longboard on a dose that high.

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: Nelfington]
    #19269059 - 12/13/13 01:45 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Nelfington said:
At 500ug I had extreme trails, overlaid fractals, and insane frame stuttering.

It got to the point where I couldn't even play with my devil sticks anymore.

I can't imagine trying to longboard on a dose that high.

If necessary I can just walk with my board and take an extra 20 minutes (hopefully) to get home. Were the fractals to the point you can't distinguish like an area you are familiar with? I could handle frame stuttering as long as I can still accurately determine my destination.

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #19271473 - 12/13/13 04:15 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

skating holding sage burning creates tunnel vision of smoke.  past time eating a couple of Maitreya print, grabbed the board and went for the hills.  flying down snake like holding burning sage eye level catching the tube was a great eye's visual.  try it out.

http://www.spacetribe.com/shop/xl-digiprint-maitreya-pi-3063.html

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #19271491 - 12/13/13 04:21 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

hm, very interesting. Do you put the sage in a bowl or something in your hands?

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

#19273196 - 12/14/13 01:18 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Not really unless you are super comfortable tripping around strangers and can look completely sober because anyone tries to talk to you and you might be fucked. I did a fairly high dose with friends at vasquez rocks once and we almost died several times, we climbed jagged rocks far off the trail and only one of us had any idea where we were and he was forgetting his name frequently :lol: If you want to go out in public and trip on a high dose KNOW you area front and back, don't be around anyone you wouldn't want to know you're tripping and don't go to far from camp:fasted:

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleMUSH HEAD420
Kush Commander
Male User Gallery

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #19273258 - 12/14/13 02:04 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Fishing in a secluded area is fun, idk about walking about in public where your liable to get harassed by piggies and concerned citizens.

Going to concerts or sports games can be fun... especially concerts, you'll blend right in.

Walking about in town doesn't sound very profound anyway.

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: MUSH HEAD420]
    #19273288 - 12/14/13 02:21 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

This town is literally less than 2 miles long, or a 10 minute board ride. It's your general description of a 1 horse town, literally with some people going to the bar on their horse. I know the area front to back, and am sure I can navigate it if I can at least distinguish a building to some accuracy. I can go around many times every day without running into a single person I know, especially one I'm not comfortable tripping around.

MUSH, boarding can be quite an interesting experience during a trip. I haven't had the guts to start taking hills while dosed, but it is quite fun, almost spiritual with music. I do this riding during part of my comeup and then come back slightly worn out but ready to relax and trip.

OfflineNotLiving
Stranger

#19273368 - 12/14/13 03:17 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Hi OP, you know I've never tripped on acid before but I always had a thought of just going outside in the middle of the night (like around midnight -> whatever) just to explore and look around. I know it's not as great as it is in the day but it being so empty and quiet just makes you feel like there's nothing much bothering you. Unless you're afraid of strolls in the dark and afraid of whether or not you might end up getting robbed or confronted by a cop.

It'd be nice to just walk around town with nobody bothering you, with the lights and all that, the stars, etc. I think it'd be a really calm and relaxing place as long as your neighborhood aren't full of thugs and shit.

Personally, I wouldn't take such a high dose. Maybe your average dose and just see how it's like.

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

#19273435 - 12/14/13 04:22 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

It's as simple as this

If you've experienced doses of the same range before, you know what you are and aren't capable of doing

If you feel like you know you can handle it, if it feels like the right decision and you have no doubt, go right ahead!

Otherwise, be familiar with the dose you're taking before you go out in public on such a dose, even in a small town

Nobody here can tell you if you're ready for it or not, only you can decide that

:sun:

InvisibleMUSH HEAD420
Kush Commander
Male User Gallery

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: NotLiving]
    #19273442 - 12/14/13 04:29 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I tried to bmx while on oxycodone once and ended up in the hospital with 1/2 my face missing and a concussion once when I was young, just be careful and don't try anything stupid.

As long as you have an activity to keep your mind busy while tripping that you enjoy than being outside in front of strangers is not so bad, I have had some of my scariest moment while tripping, standing in the line at the quickie mart. something about thinking people are watching me and being relied upon to form coherent sentences, it seems that when I try to act strait around people while tripping I loose it.

As long as you can stay oblivious to the strangers around you, you should do fine. Considering you make it home before it gets too intense. You do not want to be caught walking like a robot with huge dilated pupils. I know when I'm trippin balls I look like im climbing up a hill even when I'm not.

OfflineTheGreenArrow
Goodbye, Mr. Chops.
Male User Gallery

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: MUSH HEAD420]
    #19273604 - 12/14/13 06:56 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I would just say that ego loss could occur and I personally wouldn't want to be near any part of public during that.  With decent L it usually doesn't have as much to do with dose as where your head may be.  I've had low/moderate size doses make me leave my ego far, far behind me.  Just stay safe.

--------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an
invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, conn a ship, write a
sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the
dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve an
equation, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.- Robert A. Heinlein
Saint RedBow of the Shroomey Loomey-Patron Saint of Sandbaggin Sumbitchs

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: Is local town exploration on high doses of LSD a good idea? [Re: TheGreenArrow]
    #19274934 - 12/14/13 02:15 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Haha, oxycodone is not something very easy to ride on, at least I wouldn't think so seeing as I haven't done it. As for conversation with randoms while tripping, it's almost enjoyable. It's not something I'm keen on doing sober but there is just something to it. My first shroom trip involved a late run quickie mart run and I felt like the ground was slanted, just laughed and waited in line. I started to peak early one time as soon as I walked into Burger King though, and that was odd to say the least, but IMO it was funny.

Basically my only concerns are like Green Arrow said. If I can't see where I'm going, or I start experiencing such things like ego death in the middle of the park, I'll probably be stuck there. I'm thinking if I time it right I can get back before then. I doubt (think) that I'll be experiencing something like ego dissolution until I'm near/at my peak. I am more than confident of my abilities to a certain degree, but I am asking how easy it is to still see or understand the world around you at these doses.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom