Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Wild Bird Seed Question
    #1923779 - 09/16/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The WBS that is being used is a mixture of, in this order from the ingredients list;

Millet, Milo, Cracked Corn, Sunflower Seed, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A&D

Usually the sunflower seeds are strained off of the top due to their relatively large size and slow colonization time.

PC'ed for 1h50m at 20psi. A "cooked" smell eminated from these jarrs. Obviously they wre exposed to high temperatures, high pressure and for a long period of time. Is that normal? should the WBs "brown" a bit when PC'ed? Thanks for our info !

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
Re: Wild Bird Seed Question [Re: lysergic]
    #1923794 - 09/16/03 11:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i think you may have over-cooked. i just PCed at 15psi for 45min and SO FAR my jars are just fine and 100% sterile as far as i can tell. the jars shouldn't smell cooked.

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1924438 - 09/17/03 06:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

first time with wbs?

there is certainly a distinctive smell while cooking, but i don't think i notice any difference in appearance after cooking, except an increase in volume. going brown suggests overcooking. i'd do them over again, as wbs is so cheap, but if you have spores left over i suppose no harm done by trying.

i use 15psi for about 80-90 minutes, and add about 23ml to each half-full litre jar post-drain, pre-cook. i definitely recommend some experimentation with different water addition to soaked drained wbs, if this is a new substrate for ya. it can mean the difference between 100% in 10 days, and 85% (stalled, awaiting infection) in 30 days.

sk  :kiss: 

--------------------
buh

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Wild Bird Seed Question [Re: shirley knott]
    #1926012 - 09/17/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

shirley - Thanks for the info! I'm definatly gnna try that out!

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1926410 - 09/17/03 07:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yes the grain will turn darker .
But ...
Why the calcium carb and vitamin a&d ?
Also you only need to pc or ac for 40-50 min at 250*F , 16 psi .
Vit D is destoryed in these temps and may add to the brown coloration .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Wild Bird Seed Question [Re: tripndicular]
    #1932671 - 09/19/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I"m considering using 23 mL of poo-soup water, adding nutrients and water.

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1932693 - 09/19/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There truly is no need to add nutes to grain , all th yummy stuff mushies like is already built in . Master using grain , then try experiments . Adding in shit will not help you learn the basics , which are of utmost importance .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate