Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Is there anything that isn't Americas fault?
    #1925402 - 09/17/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

How about we blame the fat fucks who eat too much because they have no self control?

'Americanization' of British Food Blamed for Obesity
By Mike Wendling
CNSNews.com London Bureau Chief
September 17, 2003

London (CNSNews.com) - A research group is blaming "super-sized" portions of food, a trend imported from the United States, for rising levels of obesity and other health problems in Britain.

The World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) said Wednesday that bigger meals could lead to increased risk of cancer and heart disease.

"There's a great deal of evidence that larger portions are being marketed at lower prices," said Jeff Prince of the WCRF's Washington office, also known as the American Institute for Cancer Research.

The group says that the "Americanization" of British eating habits is a serious public health threat.

Prince, speaking by phone from the London conference where the research was announced, acknowledged that large meals are tempting to consumers who want more food for their money.

"If I walk into an American fast food outlet and order a cheeseburger, I'm asked if I want to order the meal deal for 40 cents more," Prince said. "Then they ask if I want that super-sized for another 40 cents, and I say, 'Great, I get that much more food for just 80 cents.'

"The upshot is that they are giving me a lunch that has twice the caloric value than that which I actually need," Prince said. "The upshot is a major health problem. We're raising the question: Do people really want this?"

The cancer organization argues that meal sizes have steadily increased in the United States, yet American consumers have remained largely unaware of the change.

Prince said that the size of the average store-bought chocolate chip cookie has increased by 700 percent since 1982 and that less than a third of Americans noticed that restaurant portions had increased through the '90s.

WCRF officials said the same trend is now occurring in Britain and that they want a public debate on the issue.

Prince said the WCRF wasn't interested in new laws or regulations but simply wanted to raise awareness. He said that consumers can ward off overeating by sharing large portions and refraining from eating "super-size" meals all at once.

"We don't lobby. We're a charity," Prince said. "Our greatest desire is to get people to eat more fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans."

But industry groups say the fund's claims are misguided.

Martin Paterson of the Food and Drink Federation said that the WCRF had "missed its target."

"U.K. food and drink manufacturers provide many of our favorite products in a wide variety of sizes and styles to suit consumers' varied nutritional needs and tastes," Paterson said. "This widens people's choices for building a healthy, balanced diet.

"The industry recognizes that it has a part to play in combating obesity and works with the rest of the food chain, government and educators to help people learn more about food and nutrition," Paterson added.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1925449 - 09/17/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

No shit. If you are fat, it is your own fault. No one forces you to super size that combo. As far as your question goes, no there is nothing that is not America's fault.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1925481 - 09/17/03 02:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was going to mention something about national stereotypes (us being rotten-toothed football hooligans and you being overweight heffers), but then I checked out some stats and realised that you are indeed a nation of fat fucks.  :lol:

Currently, 64.5 percent of U.S. adults, age 20 years and older, are overweight and 30.5 percent are obese. Severe obesity prevalence is now 4.7 percent, up from 2.9 percent reported in the 1988 - 1994 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

I agree with you though, nobody's forcing these people to supersize their meals. 

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: Edame]
    #1925491 - 09/17/03 02:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They have also lowered the weights that make someone overweight significantly. You mean soccer hooligans right? Everyone knows what real football is. :wink:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1925501 - 09/17/03 02:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

We have seen the enemy, and he is us. There are way too many overweight people here. Even worse, there was a story recently about how 60% of our pets are even overweight.

We have the fattest poor in the world. Must be all the social programs.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: shakta]
    #1925519 - 09/17/03 02:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Most people are stupid when it comes to any knowledge of eating healthy.. Anyone who has been to Britain and seen there average breakfast consisitng of bacon sausage eggs and ham would know that they eat more fatty foods than anyone.. Except maybe in America where fast food reigns but then again if you choose to eat that shit then it's your own body to poison.. The sad thing is alot of people are to trusting in their govenrment who allow these businnes to make commercials that mislead the public.. Try pictureing a Mcdonalds commercial where all the people in line were fat obese children with acne and there parent's were rolling around on the floor having heart attacks..

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: Bhairabas]
    #1925526 - 09/17/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So the government should regulate fast food commercials now? If you are to stupid to know that stuff makes you fat, you deserve to die of a heart attack.

Edit: spelling

Edited by shakta (09/17/03 03:37 PM)

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

#1925583 - 09/17/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well there you go..

InvisibleSorted
Monkee
Loc: UK
    #1925796 - 09/17/03 04:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bhairabas said:
Anyone who has been to Britain and seen there average breakfast consisitng of bacon sausage eggs and ham would know that they eat more fatty foods than anyone.. Except maybe in America where fast

Pft.. I don't think I know a single person that eats that kind of thing for breakfast here. Maybe in hotels etc it's on the menu but it's far from being the 'average breakfast'.

In any case, people used to eat more meat in the past, cooked with butter or animal fats and weren't overweight.. probably due mostly to the fact that they had manual jobs that they walked or cycled to plus a generally more active lifestyle. People are just lazy these days.. driving everywhere, sat at a desk all day and doing fuck all exercise in general.

Processed sugars and crap like Cola etc are probably more of the problem.. and yea, soft drinks are Americas fault aswell :tongue:   

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: Sorted]
    #1925824 - 09/17/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry but all the places I stayed served that in the morning.. I guess it would be a bit missleading to someone who is visiting and staying at bed and breakfasts..

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1926586 - 09/17/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

LOL @ Bhairabas!

dude, I'm from texas you know we all wear cowboy hats and huge belt buckles here just like on TV.

oh yeah and we got a big Indian problem

LMAO

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1926791 - 09/17/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Speaking of Texas, How 'bout them Cowboys!

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #1926863 - 09/17/03 09:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

yes, but where are you stats on the quality
of dental hygiene in the UK?

...if we're trying to debunk or support stereotypes,
that is.

:grin: 

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1927314 - 09/17/03 11:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Is it true you guys fuck your cousins?

InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: domite]
    #1927887 - 09/18/03 03:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, It's fucking bizzare how so many people are fat. I weight 50kg and I'm 171cm high. That makes my BMI so low it's off the chart (well, at leat the chart I was looking at). It is kind of ridiculous how the world blames america for all it's problems, I think a lot of people think america is full of lunatics with guns, movie stars and gangsters; but of course, they fail to realize that it is only a comparitivly small chunk of america which we have been exposed too by the media that creates this steriotype.

I think people in australia think people in new zealand fuck sheep. I have heard rumors of only one person actually doing this, but maybe that is one too many. :smile:

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1927950 - 09/18/03 03:53 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Everyone knows what real football is. 

You surely dont mean a game where 95% of the time the ball is carried or thrown with the use of the HANDS do you?!  :smirk: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: domite]
    #1927956 - 09/18/03 03:55 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

domite said:
Is it true you guys fuck your cousins?

You're thinking of Vermont. In Arkansas they fuck their sisters.

Texans fuck their bulls. They like the challenge.

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1928290 - 09/18/03 06:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

LMAO, theres nothing wrong with a good old english fry-up... Also the welsh are usually considered to be the sheep shaggers...

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1928293 - 09/18/03 06:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Mmmm...Fry ups are good! I try to only have one every couple of weeks or so though!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Re: Is there anything that isn't Americas fault? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1928991 - 09/18/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There some one admits it!! LOL
In Alberta they eat cow testicles..

Seriously

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1929043 - 09/18/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Cows don't have testicles.

Seriously. :smile:

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

#1929104 - 09/18/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I stand corrected..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale