Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Sporeless prints
    #1921163 - 09/16/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Cousin IT recently tried to print some Malabars (18) , nice big caps fully deployed veils , nice undulating edges on caps . Not a one of them left spores on the foil , even left them there for a day and a half , not one nice print . Cousin IT noticed no signs of spores on the veils , but tried to print them thinking they just had'nt started to release them yet .
Any one else out there ever have this happen ?
Any of you "REAL SEASONED" growers have an explanation ?
Cousin IT says thanx for the input

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGanoderma
journeyman
Re: Sporeless prints [Re: tripndicular]
    #1921229 - 09/16/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well, some times mushrooms will throw off fruit bodies that just don't produce spores, so basically the fruit bodies are sterile.
Or you should just wait a few more days to see if they start dropping any spores(if they are not sterile) at all

Now some people will grow these strains (oyster mushrooms) due to the fact that they have a short shelf life normally, so with out the fruit body probucing any spores they will last longer on the shelf.

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Sporeless prints [Re: Ganoderma]
    #1921240 - 09/16/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

how are you printing them?

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Sporeless prints [Re: Ganoderma]
    #1921248 - 09/16/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Waited longer than should have , caps actually started to shrink , then rot , so scrubbed the mission , cleaned the foil and sterilized the pieces for future use . Is weird some  , like 2 prints from same crop produced spores . IT considered the possiblity of sterile mushies , but those 2 odd balls made that a questionable theory . But first guess is usually the right one , and now you mentioned same thing .
THANX A MILLION FOR THE INPUT . :laugh:
Trip n D 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Sporeless prints [Re: thisone]
    #1921277 - 09/16/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

By cutting the cap of the stem as close as possible to cap . Laying on foil for a minimum of 6 - 9 hours
(usually come out real dark ) , covering with jars to prevent foriegn debris from landing on foil . Of course wait till veils tears away , wait till cap opens up a bit . Nice clean enviro , gloves on hands , surgical mask on face , hair cap on head , small vents under jars so moisture can escape .......... Have made many a good print this way , never had a whole batch produce nothing though .

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#1921838 - 09/16/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ANNO ??????

--------------------

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1923778 - 09/16/03 11:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

>wait till cap opens up a bit .

Wait longer, wait until you see quite some spores on the remains of the veil. The cap should nearly flatten.

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #1924001 - 09/17/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

As usual, Anno is correct, however, we're dealing with Malabars, known to be the weakest spore producing strain of cubensis.

You may have to use 2 or 3 caps in succession to get ONE decent print.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Sporeless prints [Re: Anno]
    #1924857 - 09/17/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I did guys . Nice undulating caps should have described that .
I waited longer than normal with this batch cause I saw no spores laying on the veil . Sometimes veils turn from white to purpelish brown , indicating that spores are being released .
THANX , I'm gonna write it off as "sterile mushies" .

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1924861 - 09/17/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Clone it :-)

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Sporeless prints [Re: Paid]
    #1924879 - 09/17/03 11:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Clones do not go thru mail to well , keeping a good strain is not my problem . Have never had a batch of so many caps fail to produce spores , even Malabars which are normally tough to remove veils from cap . Trial and error ... best means of gaining experience !  :wink:
Maybe the Mushroom Goddess felt I was undeserving !  :confused: 

--------------------

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1924974 - 09/17/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Na, she was just busy helping some one else :-)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds