Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineInnernaut
MycologicalNetworkTechnician

Fish Tank bubbler as Air exchanger in US Humidifier Setup?
    #1921096 - 09/16/03 10:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was reading  Ganja's Grow Log and he stated that the fish tank bubbler was serving as an "air exchanger."  He claimed that the pressure caused by the bubbler kept out possible contamination elements.  This makes sense to me, but I have a couple questions.  If using a US Humidifier setup would the bubbler cause any conflicts?  Does the bubbler eliminate the neccessity to fan CO2 out of the terrarium due to the outward air flow?  What affect would it have on the humidity?  And finally, when using a US Humidifier is it still a good idea to line the bottom of the terrarium with pearlite or is it completely unneccesary?  Thanks for the help... Newbies like me are too impatient :smile: 

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Fish Tank bubbler as Air exchanger in US Humidifier Setup? [Re: Innernaut]
    #1921264 - 09/16/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

depends if it's a cool mist or not. That would provide air exchange, not pressure that is neccesary to facilitate happier fruits. Perlite is most likely uneccesary if this is the case. Fish tank bubblers blowing dry air should be on a timer unless you want to put a jar or bowl of water with perlite in there and run it 24/7.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

OfflineInnernaut

Re: Fish Tank bubbler as Air exchanger in US Humidifier Setup? [Re: thisone]
    #1921318 - 09/16/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So would the implementation of a bubbler to a terrarium with and Ultra Sonic humidifier be beneficial? What kind of time range should the timer be on to eliminate the need for fanning out co2?

--------------------

OfflineInnernaut

#1921329 - 09/16/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Also... what does pressure actually do to make the fruits happier? does "happier" mean and increase in growth, potency, overall yield? Thanks.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #1923262 - 09/16/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I used a fishtank bubbler for air exchange and for humidity and it worked great.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinexxsoultonesxx
fuc

Re: Fish Tank bubbler as Air exchanger in US Humidifier Setup? [Re: downforpot]
    #1924016 - 09/17/03 01:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i got a fish tank pump and a large air stone, should i put this in a container in water above my geolite layer? and just let it run 24/7, and if so what kinf of mhumidity do you think it would create in a 10 gal tank?

Offlinecasper702
Ghost

Loc: Learning to fly
Re: Fish Tank bubbler as Air exchanger in US Humidifier Setup? [Re: xxsoultonesxx]
    #1924562 - 09/17/03 08:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'am using a setup similar to the one described, I have two terrariums running off of 1 cool mist hUmidifier, the hoses run into A big water bottle(empty)which is where my humid air is pushed form the humidifier, in the bottle I have line coming from a fish pump, I run My cool mist 8 min every 2hrs. no perlite and i keep my fish pump on 24/7 I read they like it when the humidity drops and then increases it causes them to fruit, and I think the pump brings in alot of good neded air. hope it helps late

OfflineMykeOfile
stranger thanmost
Loc: behind the bookshelf
Re: Fish Tank bubbler as Air exchanger in US Humidifier Setup? [Re: casper702]
    #1924804 - 09/17/03 10:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

junebugs setup is a fish bubbler with the fish tubing having the end melted closed and little hole poked sporaticly through the lenght that is inside the chamber running underneath the perlite(as described in the JFI tek post by pitdawg), its on a timer, 30min on 30min off, this removes need to fan and actually increases the perlites potential for humidification by having air flowing through it, this is also just a modification of Magash's poorman pod ,i like it cuz junebug doesnt know where to find geolite and fish tubing is cheaper that air rods/stones

--------------------
u know it aint funny when u aint got no money and the clock strikes 420 and u wanna get high
~Kottonmouth Kings

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom