Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrokenGlass
Contamination blues
    #1923988 - 09/17/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I go to case four half pint jars tonight, and what do I discover but contams. I'm breaking up my cakes into a large freezer size zip lock baggies when I noticed the one I'm breaking up has green mold. So I go and I toss that jar, get all the pieces out that have the mold as I had already put another jar into the bag before that. So I put aother jar in, its clean. And now, the fourth jar, I open it up and what to I see but extremely vigorous cobweb growth has overtaken the dry vermiculite layer and is reaching into the lid of the jar trying to find a way out! So thats two jars tossed out of four. I case the two good jars and hope for the best. But I've got another two which I'm pretty sure have wet spot/sour rot/whatever. There are four more jars with apprarently healthy mycelium growth that I'm probably going to case soon but who knows, maybe they are all contam'ed two, and maybe my casing is going to contam. Anyway, I'm just feeling down right now because I was thinking of all the time, energy, money, initiative, planning, organization, cleaning, sould, thought, free time, reading, forum perusing, store browsing, paranoia, strees, mail ordering, and everything else that has gone into this endeavour and now it looks to me like I'm going to fail. I've invested myself in this project. Part of me is in it, and most of my waking thoughts are concerns over it. I have put so much into trying to grow these wonderfull mushroom's and all I want is a little back, an eigth or a quarter at least. I really hope it all works out, and if anyone was foolish enough to read all this thanks for little me spill my thoughts and worries. I have no one I can talk to about this really, and I'm feeling shitty about my grow. I know its just mushrooms, its something unimportant, but I put so much into it that if it fails, I would be seeing my greatest efforts, the best I can do, fail, and that would suck.

Thanks for reading if you did and if you didn't I don't blame you.

End torrid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Contamination blues [Re: BrokenGlass]
    #1924748 - 09/17/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Cheer up man. The effort will compensate in the near future, it's normal to fail at the first or second time.
Don't give up, go for it ! I wish you good luck :wink:

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlineklippy
Stranger
Re: Contamination blues [Re: MAIA]
    #1924799 - 09/17/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I know how you feel man. I'm new at this too and had to throw out 6 jars 2 weeks ago because of green mold. Out of the 16 jars I've innoculated 4 were viable, 2 I threw away because I mistook bruising for contam and I'm left with 2. I hope to get 1/8. But I chalk it up to learning. I'm going to keep trying because in the end the mushies are a lot of fun. Hope you stick with it

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder