Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
I came to a realization about country music
    #1912172 - 09/13/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well I have always hated country music and hated the people behind it. I hated everything about it until one day I saw an interveiw with some country artists.

"Why did you become a country singer"??

"Well you know, back in the day it was always about jamming, you know?? Like we would get together, a bunch of buddies and me and jam all night. It was a blast. We would get hiiiigh man it was great. It was all about the music you know? Like if you could just get one of those famous licks right perfect its that feeling you get when you play it just right. Back in the day.....those were the times. Jamming, living the good life and playing music man"!!!!

Ever since then I realized something. All of us musician out there. Were all about the same thing. Music. Its what it all comes down to and even if I dont like country music I like the people that play it. We are all in it for the music. Thats what Im talking about :thumbup:  So the next time you see one of those shitty country singers out there just remember why hes doing it. Probably the same reason why your playing Tool. For the music!!!!!

My point is you should not look at people that play music that you dont like and think they suck or they're just trying to make money. They are artists like ourselves. We are all a family. This does not just relate to country music either it relates to everything!!

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Edited by Glacius (09/13/03 08:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible0toxic0
Stranger
Re: I came to a realization about country music *DELETED* [Re: Glacius]
    #1912179 - 09/13/03 08:54 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by 0toxic0

Reason for deletion: No Reason.

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: 0toxic0]
    #1912285 - 09/13/03 10:27 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

...and 50 cent and sean paul?

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Offlineunderground
welcome to the underground

Loc: colorful colorado
Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: manna_man]
    #1912326 - 09/13/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

in every genre, from country to hip hop to metal - you've got quality musicians who are doing it for the music, and you've got talenless faces with the right look.

hank williams vs. shania twain
tribe called quest vs. 50 cent
black sabbath vs. warrant

what's really sad is when an artist or group gives up on quality and puts out an album of CRAP, just because they know their name will sell records and they want more $$$

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: 0toxic0]
    #1912387 - 09/13/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

These are not musicians, they're pretty faces hired by record co's. I doubt britney has ever written a song in her life. The best that can be said about them is they're performers. All they do is put their voice on someone elses tunes, bounce about on stage and and get half naked for photo-shoots.

I know a couple of realy tallented musicians who write songs for some of these kind of people.  They hate the music, but it brings in the cash which is why they do it.  Some of the music they write under their own names is fantastic, but sadly you never really get to hear this as it's not what sells :frown:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: Glacius]
    #1913073 - 09/13/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

a lot of it ISN'T about the music anymore; its about the lyrics...... I feel that if one has something to SAY, they should put it in a book, on a forum, in a poem, or something like that.. If one has something to PLAY, however, they should put it in music.. Don't know if that connects with anybody else, but I'm not a big fan of most lyrical music

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1913157 - 09/13/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Glacius said:
Ever since then I realized something. All of us musician out there. Were all about the same thing. Music. Its what it all comes down to and even if I dont like country music I like the people that play it. We are all in it for the music. Thats what Im talking about :thumbup:  So the next time you see one of those shitty country singers out there just remember why hes doing it. Probably the same reason why your playing Tool. For the music!!!!!

I always bought Guitar World magazine, and I had a subscription (whoever got me it, I have no fucking clue, but it served almost no purpose to me as I only play bass guitar right now, and they include no bass tabs to their songs), and anyways, I would always read the interviews with the musicians, them talking about their music and whatnot, and it always made me want to grab one of their cd's and listen to it..

All sorts of bands that I would not get into their music at all. But, hearing them talk about it so intently and so proudly, as if it was a part of them, it always made me want to listen..

Even if it isn't of our tastes, they are still musicians in it for essentially the same thing, and I always offer my respect.. I don't like country music, or rap, or punk or anything like that, but I can usually tell when it is really about the music, and I always respect that..

I mean, I would rather have the musicians unified together and picking fights with the professional sports players than musicians squabbling amongst themselves.. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: underground]
    #1913303 - 09/13/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

in every genre, from country to hip hop to metal - you've got quality musicians who are doing it for the music, and you've got talenless faces with the right look.

Very true. Too bad thow, it's a shame some pretty face gets credit for so much when all they do is lip-sync the shit while they dance on stage. 'Artists' like that have no soul, and I think they should be raped to death (or not quite to death).

:rolleyes:  :mad2:  :thumbdown: 

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineScvotto_Turellskey
officially old

Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: Murex]
    #1913347 - 09/13/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Granted there are some pretty apaulling performers about, but if someone connects with it, well, it's good music, so too bad.

Singers don't have to be singing their own songs or lyrics to be credable musicians.
They just have to be good singers.

Sure you can call them performers, but isn't that what every musician is really?
That's how you learn to play, and when you understand how to play, you're a musician.

If you then go on to write songs/music you're a composer.

Anyway, stop dissing Britany, she has a fine set of "lungs", and isn't just pure skank like Christina. Obviously this makes her a great musician!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"They think we are retarded - they are retarded." - The Sultan of Spin.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: Scvotto_Turellskey]
    #1914729 - 09/14/03 04:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Scvotto_Turellskey said:
Anyway, stop dissing Britany, she has a fine set of "lungs", and isn't just pure skank like Christina. Obviously this makes her a great musician!

Yeah, I am sure her lungs have a LOT to do with her voice at concerts and on records...

I was reading something on MSN about how backstage before her and Madonna kissed, Madonna was giving a lot of shit to Britney about how she needed to quit smoking. And, here's a revealing quote from Britney herself "Besides, I like what cigarettes do for my voice."

Anyways, yeah. Completely brainless, no doubt. Too bad they don't have brain implants.. :evil:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinehellfreak
trip wish

Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1923130 - 09/16/03 08:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

slayer and pantera rule

Offlinedpc2424
headfull

Loc: inching towards the light
Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: hellfreak]
    #1923242 - 09/16/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

dude, britney sings music that other people write and it's to music that other people put together...i guarantee any credible/talented musician would say britneys approach to music is appauling, all appearance, weak material. hmm...as for professional singers, britney vs. pavarotti...hm...

--------------------
"What is needed today is a fundamental reexperience of the oneness of all living things, a comprehensive reality consciousness that ever more infrequently develops spontaneously, the more the primordial flora and fauna of our mother earth must yield to a dead technological environment."

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: dpc2424]
    #1923640 - 09/16/03 10:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

who cares if britney doesent make her own music? If people like it, then what does it matter?

*hides*

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: domite]
    #1923718 - 09/16/03 11:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

People only like pop-music because they haven't yet discovered music and are going with the most hyped, most advertised stuff.....

the modern media can basically just PICK WHOEVER THEY WANT PEOPLE TO LIKE, and then they make it so.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: I came to a realization about country music [Re: domite]
    #1924482 - 09/17/03 06:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

domite said:
who cares if britney doesent make her own music? If people like it, then what does it matter?

*hides*

here's one reason why it really, really matters.
it's all a distraction that keeps people from doing something that actually matters.
as long as people are convinced that they're having fun with pop music and other such crap, it doesn't matter to them if human society is crumbling outside of their corporately funded fantasy world... they don't even notice. in fact, they think it's the best it's ever been.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1924491 - 09/17/03 07:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

those nashville cats...
play clean as country water...
play wild as mountain dew...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder