Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleshLong
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'sconsin Flag
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: overstand]
    #19235640 - 12/06/13 09:24 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:

Very interesting thread.
Is there any way you could share a PDF or something of your finished paper, Kman?
Also, since I grew up while it was happening and eating his crystal(presumably) are there any books on WL Pickard or any further reading longer than the Rolling Stone article I found on Australian Bluelight??

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Kman1898]
    #19237904 - 12/06/13 06:37 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Augustus Stanley Owsley

Nicholas Sand

Tim Scully

Lester Friedman (never convicted)

(Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach although it was never proven they ever made it, much less had a lab.)* I don't really count this as one.

Ron Stark

Tord Svenson

Richard Kemp

Andy Munro

Denis Kelly: Clearlight system

William Leonard Pickard

Clyde Apperson

Casey Hardison

Then we have these two/three guys from this article.....

The ones I marked through aren't from the US.  Good list nonetheless.  But I know of some others.  John Buettner-Janusch went to prison in the late 70's for LSD manufacturing and in the 80's, Kevin Gillan and Paul Stepak from two different groups, both busted at different times in the US in the 80's. 

As for Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach, I do count that one.  Both Bachrach and Wylie (maybe Perluss too?) were convicted for manufacturing LSD, which is what this thread is about.  :wink:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (12/07/13 02:20 PM)

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Learyfan]
    #19237950 - 12/06/13 06:50 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Pickard has been busted 3 different times.  More people have been busted for making LSD and it never made the papers than the bigger dealers already listed.  LSD isn't as hard to make as everyone claims it is.  There was a lab that got busted and listed in microgram that wasn't making a lot like 10 years ago as 1 example
http://www.justice.gov/dea/pr/micrograms/2004/mg0304.pdf
It wasn't up and running, but they had everything they needed to start cooking.  Most drug stories don't make it to the paper.

--------------------

Offlineafrogus
hombre
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: fapjack]
    #19241491 - 12/07/13 03:29 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
"Leave no turn unstoned":)

Edited by afrogus (12/07/13 03:48 PM)

Offlineclorox
Crossing theDoors ofPerception
Male

Loc: The Other Side
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: afrogus]
    #19242259 - 12/07/13 07:16 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------

These walls, such they be, are crawling with geometric hallucinations.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: fapjack]
    #19244472 - 12/08/13 11:05 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

fapjack, I think any busted LSD lab is going to make the papers.  Will it be a big story, is another story.  The example you gave is technically an LSD lab I guess. 

afrogus, that second link you provided is what this thread is about.  I'd love to know more about those people.  They didn't even use their names, which is weird. 

Kman1898, I was just made aware of something interesting last night.  You know how you mentioned that the Bachrach, Wylie and Perluss lab equipment was never found?  I found out last night that it wasn't found because it was sold to Kevin Gillan!  That's crazy.  Two different groups made acid with the same equipment and were busted at different times.  Wild.

--------------------

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
    #19244568 - 12/08/13 11:30 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

no the second link afrogus provided is about the guys who got caught with Owsley Stanley. unless I'm seeing the wrong link?

edit: nvm it's 3 stories.

Edited by D.M.T (12/08/13 11:32 AM)

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #19244622 - 12/08/13 11:49 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
fapjack, I think any busted LSD lab is going to make the papers.  Will it be a big story, is another story.  The example you gave is technically an LSD lab I guess. 

You don't hear about all high profile drug busts, the media doesn't always pick up the story.  I've known people that got busted with some crazy shit going on that didn't make the papers, shit in Newark NJ most shootings don't even make the papers.

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Loc: A Park
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #19294227 - 12/18/13 05:07 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Kman1898, I was just made aware of something interesting last night.  You know how you mentioned that the Bachrach, Wylie and Perluss lab equipment was never found?  I found out last night that it wasn't found because it was sold to Kevin Gillan!  That's crazy.  Two different groups made acid with the same equipment and were busted at different times.  Wild.

Wow that's amazing how did you find that out?! Do you have a source?!

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: D.M.T]
    #19294231 - 12/18/13 05:08 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
Donnie was just released in July and this wasn't the first time he got in trouble with the federal authorities either. He was released from federal custody the first time about 7 months before Pickard was arrested in 2000. Jeff Viola has also since been released.

Ryan Eaton was the guy (or one of the guys) they were sending LSD to in the US one thousand doses at a time, and he was released by the feds right before 2010.

Sources please?

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#19295031 - 12/18/13 08:21 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Wow that's amazing how did you find that out?! Do you have a source?!

I do, but I'd rather not say who it is.  But this is what he provided to me.  I can tell you that it came from (05-20-1981 doc 215 gov response to motions p18 item 36).  I have no idea where he obtained that. 

Quote:

"About May 1979 Isa Haggerty started transferring funds from Kevin Gillan to Sheldon Perluss as payment for the laboratory equipment being utilized in the manufacture of LSD."

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19296787 - 12/19/13 06:43 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Here's the list updated!

Augustus Stanley Owsley

Nicholas Sand

Tim Scully

(Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach although it was never proven they ever made it, much less had a lab.)* Their lab was sold to Kevin Gillian

Ron Stark (never caught)

Tord Svenson (multiple labs but never caught)

Richard Kemp

Andy Munro

Bill Weeks (never caught)

John Buettner-Janusch

Kevin Gillan

Paul Stepak

William Leonard Pickard

Clyde Apperson

Casey Hardison

Jeffrey Viola (Probably not the chemist)

Donald Dean Shackelford

--------------------

Edited by Kman1898 (12/19/13 06:45 AM)

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

#19296883 - 12/19/13 07:25 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

If someone has a PACER account they could provide us with the court documents for the Donald Shackelford case?

Here's a link to the case doc's, I just don't have PACER access yet.

http://www.plainsite.org/flashlight/case.html?id=122579

--------------------

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
    #19335742 - 12/28/13 06:22 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Casey Hardison is from the United States but he was arrested manufacturing in the United Kingdom. The good news is that he was released from prison earlier this year!!! 

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

Kman1898 said:
Augustus Stanley Owsley

Nicholas Sand

Tim Scully

(Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach although it was never proven they ever made it, much less had a lab.)* I don't really count this as one.

Ron Stark

Tord Svenson

Richard Kemp

Andy Munro

William Leonard Pickard

Clyde Apperson

Casey Hardison

Then we have these two/three guys from this article.....

The ones I marked through aren't from the US.  Good list nonetheless.  But I know of some others.  John Buettner-Janusch went to prison in the late 70's for LSD manufacturing and in the 80's, Kevin Gillan and Paul Stepak from two different groups, both busted at different times in the US in the 80's. 

As for Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach, I do count that one.  Both Bachrach and Wylie (maybe Perluss too?) were convicted for manufacturing LSD, which is what this thread is about.  :wink:

InvisibleEastBayRay
 User Gallery
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: EastBayRay]
    #19335751 - 12/28/13 06:29 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Also, I'm looking forward to Tim Scully's forthcoming book.  I believe he may shed some light on a lot of clandestine labs and LSD busts.  Does anyone know when he will be releasing it or if it's even completed? 

Does anyone know who was involved with this bust?

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF -

LSD LABORATORY SEIZED IN SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

[From the NDIC Narcotics Digest Weekly 2004;3(9):2 Unclassified, Reprinted with Permission.]

On February 5, 2004, agents from the DEA with assistance from the Seattle Police Department arrested an individual and seized chemicals and glassware necessary to manufacture LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) from his residence. The suspect, a former computer executive who lived in a Seattle suburban estate valued at $2.5 million, was arrested while away from his residence allegedly negotiating a purchase of ergotamine tartrate, an LSD precursor, via telephone from a source in Vietnam.

After arresting the subject, DEA agents executed a federal search warrant at his residence resulting in the seizure of approximately 30 liters of chemicals including ether, chloroform, nitrogen, anhydrous ammonia, and bromide. Law enforcement officials also seized computers, glassware, a vacuum pump, a distillation unit, a manual explaining how to manufacture LSD, receipts for chemical and glassware purchases, and approximately 500 OxyContin tablets.

According to DEA officials, the suspect had not produced any LSD. The suspect was charged with attempted manufacture of LSD and attempted possession of ergotamine tartrate. The King County Sheriff's Office, Seattle Fire Department, and Seattle Medic 1 Unit participated in this investigation.

NDIC Comment: Seizures of LSD laboratories in the United States are rare. According to NCLSS seizure data, law enforcement officials seized one LSD laboratory in Kansas in 2000, one in Missouri in 2002, and one in California in 2003. Most LSD available in the United States is produced primarily in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest by a relatively small network of experienced chemists; however, independent dealers throughout the country produce the drug in limited quantities.

Invisibleilus
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: EastBayRay]
    #19338149 - 12/28/13 06:28 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

"attempted possession of ergotamine tartrate"  - is that even a real charge??  Wouldn't both of those just go under "conspiracy to produce"?

--------------------
Message me for Mushroom Tinctures
Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Chaga, Shiitake / Extracts / CBD Isolate, Oil
----
My Art, Design, Sculpture & Music:  http://www.conceptflow.org

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: ilus]
    #19448881 - 01/20/14 05:56 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Did you ever find a way to contact Donald Dean Shackleford?  I am also interested in finding him.  Was he the hive handle wyndowlicker who posted pics of the chromatography and of his finished product?

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: filamentous]
    #19448945 - 01/20/14 06:08 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Well, I'm not sure if it's him, but I checked out the BOP Locator and saw someone of the same name who was released this past summer.

Quote:

DONALD DEAN SHACKELFORD
Register Number: 28463-016
space
Race: White
Sex: M
space
Released On: 07/01/2013

:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinefilamentous
Entheomycologist
 User Gallery

#19449027 - 01/20/14 06:20 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I hope thats not the end of the trail...

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: filamentous]
    #19449289 - 01/20/14 07:12 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

That's all I can really find without paying to subscribe to some of those stalker sites.  I wonder if he snitched or not. 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies