Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death * 5
    #19238331 - 12/06/13 08:35 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Upon reflection of both of these recent deaths, I'm convinced that the large majority of people are fucking retarded.

I saw 30+ posts about Paul Walker's death, and six, yes SIX (I counted) about Nelson Mandela's death.

I find it absolutely appalling that more people are concerned about the death some teen heart-throb faggot that raced Vin Diesel in those shit movies then died in a car crash because he's an idiot. Sure Paul Walker did some charity work. WHOOP-DEE-FUCKIN-DOO.

Nelson Mandela changed the lives of millions of people over the course of decades, many of which he spent in prison and he never lost sight of his goals while in prison. He also set new standards for human and civil rights and worked to unify a country.

Paul Walker drove fucking cars in movies and made teenage girls wet, who the fuck cares about him? He did next to nothing for society.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Loc: Three bags of Funyuns Flag
Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Gumby] * 3
    #19238341 - 12/06/13 08:37 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

And yet even you cave to writing Paul Walker's name before Nelson Mandela's name in the title...

:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Gumby] * 1
    #19238343 - 12/06/13 08:37 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Walker was in his prime, Mandela was 95 and sick. People talk about what's more shocking. It's not surprising Mandela died. It's surprising Walker died.

That's my theory anyways. :shrug:

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Gumby]
    #19238347 - 12/06/13 08:38 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Upon reflection of both of these recent deaths, I'm convinced that the large majority of people are fucking retarded.

I saw 30+ posts about Paul Walker's death, and six, yes SIX (I counted) about Nelson Mandela's death.

I find it absolutely appalling that more people are concerned about the death some teen heart-throb faggot that raced Vin Diesel in those shit movies then died in a car crash because he's an idiot. Sure Paul Walker did some charity work. WHOOP-DEE-FUCKIN-DOO.

Nelson Mandela changed the lives of millions of people over the course of decades, many of which he spent in prison and he never lost sight of his goals while in prison. He also set new standards for human and civil rights and worked to unify a country.

Paul Walker drove fucking cars in movies and made teenage girls wet, who the fuck cares about him? He did next to nothing for society.

Lol I agree but this can't surprise you. Look at the celebrity obsessed society we live in today. I mean damn this is the same society that made Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian multi-millionaire celebs for fuck's sake

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Shroomslip]
    #19238356 - 12/06/13 08:40 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Walker gets more credit about Mandela because the initial hype snowballed into larger hype and controversy when people started lengthy arguments through posts like this thread thus giving Walker even more attention. I suppose you can call it "going viral" to sound tech-savvy but it's all the same... something out of the ordinary happens, it gets a lot of attention so every media source runs with it for more views, and then the people complain about it's over publication while unwittingly keeping it in their own minds even longer by having these discussions about it.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #19238359 - 12/06/13 08:42 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

And at least Mandela's death didn't take place the week when Miley Cyrus was on the VMAs or else his death probably would have been mentioned in some tiny ass blurb buried on page 27 USA Today next to girls highschool softball scores

--------------------

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Loc: tromaville
Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Nifflerz]
    #19238361 - 12/06/13 08:42 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

@ Gumby: It surprises me that you are surprised, and it is for reasons like this that I don't have a facebook. People these days.

@ Shroomslip: That is a very good point, but you would still think that people would at least be posting on there about how much of an impact Mandela made on the world, even though he was old and expecting to die at any time.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Shroomslip]
    #19238363 - 12/06/13 08:42 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Synthe said:
And yet even you cave to writing Paul Walker's name before Nelson Mandela's name in the title...

I put them in order of how many posts I saw about them.

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
Walker was in his prime, Mandela was 95 and sick. People talk about what's more shocking. It's not surprising Mandela died. It's surprising Walker died.

Who gives a shit? Paul Walker was some dumb ass actor. He didn't do shit for the world other than his charity work. Paul Walker raced Vin Diesel. Mandela unified people and changed the world. Tell me which one deserves more attention.

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
    #19238371 - 12/06/13 08:44 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Nelson who? Was he an actor or some thing? And was he driving or the passenger?

On a side note, I can't even imagine doing 27 years in a S.A. cell after being convicted of basically being a black dude.

:tombstone: Nelson...:thumbup: for what you've accomplished...:congrats: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

OfflineShroomhunter510
Fussy Eater
Female

Loc: Bahamas
Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Shroomslip] * 3
    #19238380 - 12/06/13 08:47 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Reading  about Paul walkers death on my friends facebook pages also annoys me because the way they express they're sadness is almost  as if they personally  knew the guy outside his movie.
Like most celebrity deaths , i didn't even know  Paul walker by name  until he died

I asked a friend to tell me a joke and she asks if I heard about Paul walker ? And I thought it was going to be a joke about a guy named Paul who used a walker to get around  but instead she tells me the guy from fast and furious  dies for being  fast and furious.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Gumby] * 3
    #19238383 - 12/06/13 08:47 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:

Who gives a shit? Paul Walker was some dumb ass actor. He didn't do shit for the world other than his charity work. Paul Walker raced Vin Diesel.

Yeah but you gotta admit that was one badass fuckin race tho bruh

:scumbagsteve:

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #19238391 - 12/06/13 08:49 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I found it rather appalling that they are running ads that mention this guy's charity, but they are really nothing more than ads for his movie.

Now that I've said that, I'm bet they'll figure out a way to promote the new Mandela movie by "mourning" his death.

And, I had no idea who Paul walker was and I've never seen any of those movies. They sound awful.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#19238394 - 12/06/13 08:50 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
Quote:

Synthe said:

I put them in order of how many posts I saw about them.

Quote:

Shroomslip said:

Who gives a shit? Paul Walker was some dumb ass actor. He didn't do shit for the world other than his charity work. Paul Walker raced Vin Diesel. Mandela unified people and changed the world. Tell me which one deserves more attention.

Well obviously the majority of people care :lol:

I was just trying to explain why, didn't say anything was deserved.

Although I will say I don't see why "doing something for the world" means your death should mean more.

Also, when Mandela died there was no less than 7 different articles on the front page of Yahoo. When walker died there was 1. Maybe the problem isn't people in general, just the people you choose to associate with.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineSkeletalSpore
♥$♄ґ◎◎мεя⑂♥
Male

Loc: Lake Titicaca, Canada Flag
Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Shroomslip] * 1
    #19238416 - 12/06/13 08:54 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:

Exactly! People had to expect that Mandela was living his last few years... I know it's sad but it's true.
However, Mandela should still get a little more recognition for the things he's done for millions of people.

--------------------
:dancingbear: :vibin:

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Shroomhunter510] * 2
    #19238434 - 12/06/13 08:58 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomhunter510 said:
Reading  about Paul walkers death on my friends facebook pages also annoys me because the way they express they're sadness is almost  as if they personally  knew the guy outside his movie.

Yeah no doubt. Some stupid cunt (she really is a cunt btw) on my FB was saying how this was such a national tragedy and how 2013 really has been a year full of tragedies and how we must always live our lives to the fullest. I'd hate to break it to this bitch but EVERY SINGLE YEAR SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE HUMAN RACE has been filled with tragedies. That's life for ya.

And I also liked how "the other guy" who died with Walker was barely mentioned or not mentioned altogether. That nerve of that son of a bitch for taking up an inch and a half of article space in the thousands of Paul Walker articles that poured out the following day

--------------------

OfflineDirtyTomFlint
( ಥـْـِـِـِـْಥ)
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
    #19238443 - 12/06/13 09:00 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Lol dude, fuck facebook, that's how it is. No point complaining about it.

--------------------

Know Your Body, Know Your Mind, Know Your Substance, Know Your Source

InvisibleSynthe
Gatorade me, bitch!
Male

#19238470 - 12/06/13 09:08 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

Shroomhunter510 said:

Yeah no doubt. Some stupid cunt (she really is a cunt btw) on my FB was saying how this was such a national tragedy and how 2013 really has been a year full of tragedies and how we must always live our lives to the fullest. I'd hate to break it to this bitch but EVERY SINGLE YEAR SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE HUMAN RACE has been filled with tragedies. That's life for ya.

And I also liked how "the other guy" who died with Walker was barely mentioned or not mentioned altogether. That nerve of that son of a bitch for taking up an inch and a half of article space in the thousands of Paul Walker articles that poured out the following day

and yet you remain friends

SOCIETY

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: Synthe]
    #19238480 - 12/06/13 09:12 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

You said it yourself Gumby, He made teenage girls wet...:facepalm:

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Facebook: Paul Walker's Death vs Nelson Mandela's Death [Re: SkeletalSpore]
    #19238483 - 12/06/13 09:13 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

nobody should care about any of this, and just go on with their lives unaffected.

there is way more important things going on that people have jobs for... and those people should be commented on, not some Actor (who sucks at acting) and not some one who, albeit doing some good for the world, was expecting... you know how it goes... the guy was strong, kept up appearances, and seemed to be getting better before the inevitable crash.

people should be intimate with people, sure... even that Walker guy... someone died and it's not cool.

but... after that move on, no one needs to go on about this shit for days on end, regardless of what celebrity it is.

InvisibleMush 4 Brains
about tree fiddy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tacos
    #19238486 - 12/06/13 09:13 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Nelson Mandela was a racist piece of shit that should have been executed

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder