Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why this forum can become unhealthy to the young futant [Re: Rastafari]
    #1915982 - 09/14/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

some people do know things for sure, and specifically.

an example?

Jesus. he knew what was up....perhaps the people who wrote down his words did not though

Buddha... he knew what was up...

there are people who live on this earth presently who also know the dilly foreally.

thats just my understanding though, i respect yours...each person has his own path.

the most important thing is that we keep striving to know what is up ourselfs.

--------------------
I&I

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Why this forum can become unhealthy to the young futant [Re: Malachi]
    #1916853 - 09/14/03 10:23 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Malachi said:
the white man's culture is indecent.

"the white man" does not have just one culture. I assume you are talking about British Imperialism when you are talking about "the white man" having an indecent culture. Its also pretty funny how you complain about "hicks" bunching all pacific people's culture into one, while you do the same thing to all white people... Spanish (i.e. spain), Nordic and Slovic cultures are pretty diverse... This is not a flame, I have nothing against you, but that is pretty hypocritical of you...

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Why this forum can become unhealthy to the young futant [Re: domite]
    #1916921 - 09/14/03 10:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

.... READ WHAT I SAY NOT WHAT YOU THINK I SAY.

ok? cause I'm sick of repeating myself. I'm not talking about eurpope, (though I'm also not letting them off hook, it's just also more complicated and I'm not european) I'm talking about the dominate american culture. the one that everyone here is fleeing, you know? the one trying to put us in jail? that one. forgive me for observing that this culture is controled by WHITE americans. sure, there are also some minorities, but far and away more WHITE americans would be accurately be described as "status quo", hence in GENERAL american dominate culture = american white culture. sure, lots of whites have fallen out of it, this website is a testiment to that fact.

so stop getting your panties in a bunch, I'm not "racist", I'm not attacking you for being white (I'm half and half myself), I'm just pointing out that for practical purposes, dominate culture = white.

mmkay?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Why this forum can become unhealthy to the young futant [Re: Adamist]
    #1916924 - 09/14/03 10:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Adamist,

I, like Jellric, have been around these parts since pretty much the inception.  Back when Ythan had yellow words on a red background.  Heh.  I kind of use this place as my reality check.  In the beginning, it was a place I came to ferment my opinions and to get knowledge that often changed the opinions into entirely new ones.  I struggle alot in my life with the idea of words and the whole thought of making them flesh. 

In generations past, people had alot more socialization and interaction with others.  I find that in my generation that has went a large part by the wayside and online Im able to come and speak with people all over the world about my beliefs and theirs.  I'm able to socialize in ways that personal interactions dont allow me to do.. there are no angry looks, weird pauses, or red faces online and it allows me to be able to speak honestly in ways that I couldnt in my youth because I was so wrapped up in the opinions and interpretations of others.  I can also engage in debates with others even while I debate within myself, taking the time to analyze their reactions and find ways to speak that are more easily understood, less drastic while at the same time, truly delving into the words that I put down on the screen and seeing how they resonate in my own heart.  Like most people, Im often prone to outbursts of emotional disinformation.

This bulletinboard also allows me to see the world around me in an entirely different way.  I watch as drugs become less of a way of opening ones mind and more of a way of closing it, protecting it from the constant barrage of today's reality.  And I look for ways to try and relate to that feeling, as my mind, like yours, opens up to real life action.  I look around and I always find it so amazing that we are able to exist in this.. amid billboards, constant sound and sensory overload.  My computer is often the only place that it is still enough for me to truly think.  I think alot about the way that we as a drug culture follow the same evolution of the planet.. refining additives and expletives into something "more", something "better"... a better high, a better car, a better vitamin enriched sorbitol added orange juice.  Yet some of us still search for the basics.

I think when used correctly, even this bulletin board can be a drug that allows a person to steel their reserve, gather their wagons and go off into the world to open the minds of others.  I am glad that you have awakened from the digital divide and are off to live marvelous moments of ecstatic reality.  But know, that just like others, there will still be times when you need to lick your wounds... and that is when we will see you again, for your own personal reasons :smile:

--------------------

Offlinewavesoflight
Stranger
    #1917302 - 09/15/03 01:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Malachi- Im not trying to flame here, but trying looking at it like this. It isnt this person/group of that which is causing the problems by there indecency. I forget which astronaut it was, but upon viewing earth from so far away, he realized how insignificant the imaginary lines weve drawn on this earth are; how destructive they can be by claiming your "this or that" more than being "Hawaiian" your a human being. we are all in it together. its not "the white man". not saying "this way is better" but try dropping that notion and thinking about it and see where you arrive? now im rambling; just looking to help.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

#1917335 - 09/15/03 01:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

im just livin im done with thinking for the most part becuase I have a strong conscience now.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1917437 - 09/15/03 04:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Malachi said:
there is no "general" anything?

Nope. There isn't. We only make it so. Everyone and everything has its own uniqueness that is unparalled by anything else in this Universe.

Quote:

so the content of the music that so "moves" you isn't important? I think that every aspect of a work of art must have merit, not just the external skeik of cool black skulls (or whatever draws you to both good art, tool, and pretentious silly crap like your "satanic" band).

Did I say that the content that moves me in music isn't important? I said that I don't have to automatically enlist in the beliefs that are being presented.... I don't have to listen to to TOOL and automatically make their beliefs my own (even if, in this case, I agree with a lot of the viewpoints being presented by TOOL), I don't have to listen to Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, and Mercyful Fate and automatically cultivate a Satanic image and actively worship the Devil... I don't have to wallow in all of the misery and anguish that KoRn presents when I listen to them.

Have you ever heard of Mayhem, the first black metal band from Norway? Now, I haven't actually listened to them yet, but they are pretty far out there. They have been known to burn down churches; I have actually seen one of the churches that has been rebuilt because of this. They also slaughter goats on stage, and their original lead guitarist, Euronymous, made explosives in the basement of his record store in Oslo. When their lead guitarist took a shotgun and blew apart his skull, it was Euronymous who took the remnants of his brain matter and used it as the main ingredient in a stew that he ate..

Now, let's say that I some day listen to the music, and I find that I like listening to it. Does that automatically mean I have to follow the beliefs that the band presents, that I have to start worshipping Satan and eating people's brains, inflicting my beliefs on others harmfully by burning down their places of worship?

Quote:

if there are no generalities to be made, then we couldn't think. NO ONE knows anything for sure, much less anything specific. "knowledge" as it is called is actually an amalgam of justified belief- based on general observation.

It is great that we can NOT know anything for sure, as you have said, so that we must then make gross generalizations on how the world works. We can't know anything specific? Yeah, what the fuck ever.

Anyways, are you saying that because we can't possibly know everyone in a group, what it is that they believe and how they act, it is just all right to lump them all together in the same bunch?

But yeah, you are always going on about the racism and intolerance that this "white culture" always projects, but yet you spout the same bullshit that "they" sprout...

Quote:

you, however, despite all your rock star pretentions, are mired in political correctness. real rock stars are authentically angry at the dominate culture, whereas you espouse the relative tripe of said culture.

It is great that you have some ideal on who and what a "rock star" is, and that everyone must fit that profile to be a rock star. Hhmm... Chi Cheng, the bassist for the Deftones, is a practicing Buddhist who is actually more involved with writing poetry than music...

Anyways, I could bring up a lot of individual details on a lot of people in the metal world, but I don't have the time. I am glad that you have decided to hold general ideas on how everything works and how certain people are suspossed to act and feel. I am sure it takes a lot of effort on your part. You label me as being mired in political correctness... I couldn't tell you what being politically correct is. Anything that I have ever said or done has been of my own doing.. I don't live my life by anyone else's standards. Tell me, what is politically correct?

Anyways, I am still thinking, but I for the most part don't think in generalizations.. hhmmm, that seems to contradict your statement about not being able to think without generalizations... You need to wake up and look at the world around you, man.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Why this forum can become unhealthy to the young futant [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1917692 - 09/15/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I come in waves too. I usually do everything in waves, concentrating on a few particular things in my life at a time. Maybe im just not talented enough to multi task, but the forums take up alot of time if you let them!

I am an active member of quite a few forums, but the shroomery is the best!! ::))

I am ready to take action, but its kinda hard to know where to start...im sure you know what i mean.

I am taking action through myself right now. I dont have much of a say in the world, so im trying to better myself as a person, and hopefully better those around me by being a good person.

I am going to try and get more involved, but its hard for a broke nobody to do so!

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Warning [Re: tak]
    #1918377 - 09/15/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Malachi and fireworks_god, please discuss this issue via PM. This racist flaming episode is repeating itself again on this board, be wise this time.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Why this forum can become unhealthy to the young futant [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1918424 - 09/15/03 02:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloKitten said:
there are no red faces online

:mad2:...... :devil:....... :razz:

Quote:

psilokitten said:
there are no angry looks

:mad:

:tongue:

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (09/15/03 04:59 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Why this forum can become unhealthy to the young futant [Re: MAIA]
    #1918447 - 09/15/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm... Hawaii raises all sorts of epical questions.

Technically speaking, are Hawaiians heathens or just uncut?
How come Hawaiian pizza doesn't have any Hawaiians on it?
Which beach sand gets hotter: black or white?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Warning [Re: MAIA]
    #1918450 - 09/15/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MAIA said:
Malachi and fireworks_god, please discuss this issue via PM. This racist flaming episode is repeating itself again on this board, be wise this time.

MAIA 

Well, just trying to open one's mind, but I understand your point completely. There isn't a point in me trying, anyways, sadly...  :confused:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1918983 - 09/15/03 05:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Malachi said:

mmkay?

Okay, im not going to let his devolve into petty bickering. I get your point.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Why this forum can become unhealthy to the young futant [Re: sirreal]
    #1919477 - 09/15/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You know what I mean. Emoticons dont effect me very much :P

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
Re: Why this forum can become unhealthy to the young futant [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1921293 - 09/16/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Just a little humour. :cool: 

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1923626 - 09/16/03 10:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was really into this forum for a while, but now I'm a MA&L guy.

It happens.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1923782 - 09/16/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"It's saying "yes" to every moment in your life, and then seperation ceases..."

hehe man this calls for some cryptic posting of a few quotes from waking life:

"The quest is to be liberated from the negative, which is really our own will to nothingness. And, once having said yes to the instant, the affirmation is contagious. It bursts into a chain of affirmations that knows no limit."

"There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life, and those who suffer from an over-abundance of life. I have always found myself in the second category. When you come to think of it, almost all human behavior and activity is not, essentially, any different from animal behavior. The most advanced technologies and craftsmanship bring us, at best, up to the super-chimpanzee level. Actually, the gap between, say, Plato or Nietzsche, and the average human is greater than the gap between that chimpanzee and the average human. The realm of the real spirit, the true artist, the saint, the philosopher, is rarely achieved. Why so few? Why is world history and evolution not stories of progress, rather this endless and futile addition of zeros? No greater values have developed. Hell, the Greeks 3,000 years ago were just as advanced as we are. So what are these barriers that keep people from reaching anywhere near their real potential. The answer to that can be found in another question, and that's this: which is the most universal human characteristic: fear or laziness?"

"why is world history and evolution not stories of progress, rather this endless and futile addition of zeros?" well because we're not liberated from the negative as of yet :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale