Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US
    #4862755 - 10/28/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Prosecutor confirms LSD lab linked to US
October 28, 2005 - thedailyherald.com

PHILIPSBURG--The Prosecutor’s Office in St. Maarten has confirmed that the two American suspects detained at the end of August in connection with the manufacture of the hallucinogenic drug LSD had direct ties to at least one person in the United States who was detained December 2004, and said the US Government had requested their extradition for trial in the United States.

The two suspects J.V. and D.S. of the United States will likely be extradited to the USA shortly to stand trial.

Prosecutor Johan De Vrieze said Thursday, “After weeks of investigation we found a lot of clues, information and paperwork that have been checked out and confirm the link between the two suspects and several items shipped from the United States, some from Canada and some from the French side.”

He said the suspects had formed a local company “Micro Tech” and used it to ship 1,000 postage stamp-size strips of paper soaked in LSD, which landed the third suspect in the United States in prison in 2004.

De Vrieze said that after conducting further tests they had discovered that a bottle removed from the house contained an extremely high concentration of LSD. He said it had been disguised by the suspects to prevent detection.

While authorities had originally believed they were dealing with one building on Cannegieter Street in Philipsburg, investigations showed that the two suspects had been operating out of a house in St. Peters before moving to Cannegieter Street #15.

The LSD lab was destroyed after it was detected based on a high profile investigation conducted by the RST Dutch Detectives, the Prosecutor’s Office and the local police. For several days the building opposite Lite Line Electronics was cordoned off while expert chemists from the Forensics Lab in Holland combed it to find evidence of the drugs.

The first report since the completion of the search was that around US $15 million worth of the drugs had been confiscated. The additional amount uncovered after further tests showed that the total street value of the drugs confiscated was nearly twice that amount.

De Vrieze said they had proof that the suspects were not only manufacturing the drug in St. Maarten, but shipping it to the United States, which appears to have been their primary target market.

He said their extradition to the United States for trial could take nine months while they wait it out in the Pointe Blanche prison. He also noted that the sentence in the US for LSD started at a minimum of 20 years and could be as long as life imprisonment, while in St. Maarten they would probably have been given a shorter jail term.

All evidence found in St. Maarten will be handed over to the US authorities for their case against the suspects, when the extradition process is completed, De Vrieze said.

He said extradition to the US for trial would show US citizens that they could still be punished in the United States for crimes committed elsewhere, which he views as a deterrent for others who might have similar ideas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: veggie]
    #4865195 - 10/28/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

so would these guys be the third and fourth persons ever to be prosecuted for the manufacture of lsd in the US.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Jim]
    #4873057 - 10/30/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

ack.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Loc: A Park
    #19226908 - 12/04/13 02:12 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

So I've done countless weeks of research and cannot figure out who the 3 people that were convicted were? Does anyone have any ideas? Supposedly they were extradited to the United States but there are no cases that I can find involving three individuals, two being from the Netherlands and involved a company called Microtech.

I'm doing a research paper, for a class, relative to any LSD lab busts in history so I'm trying to compile all information and also the suspects. So any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Kman1898]
    #19226949 - 12/04/13 02:24 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

This is one bust that I even personally have seen very very little info on. Been a long time since I saw an article about this, I researched a bit more and all I found was this. Initials of the two american nationals

The two suspects J.V. and D.S. of the United States will likely be
extradited to the USA shortly to stand trial.

--------------------

Edited by sh4d0ws (12/04/13 02:30 PM)

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Jim]
    #19227232 - 12/04/13 03:18 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Even though I am responding to 8 year old post They would number 6 and 7 at least. Maybe they snitched, good luck finding out anything then.

Quote:

Jim said:
so would these guys be the third and fourth persons ever to be prosecuted for the manufacture of lsd in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Sand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Scully
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owsley_Stanley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Leonard_Pickard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clyde_Apperson

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: my3rdeye] * 1
    #19227416 - 12/04/13 03:51 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:
Even though I am responding to 8 year old post They would number 6 and 7 at least. Maybe they snitched, good luck finding out anything then.

Quote:

Jim said:

Quote:

my3rdeye said:

Quote:

Jim said:

Age has nothing to do with information. The fact that the post is eight years old and I'm asking a question that still cannot be answered.....is exactly why I'm asking the question?

This is the list I'm looking at:

Augustus Stanley Owsley

Nicholas Sand

Tim Scully

Lester Friedman (never convicted)

(Wylie, Perluss, and Bachrach although it was never proven they ever made it, much less had a lab.)* I don't really count this as one.

Ron Stark

Tord Svenson

Richard Kemp

Andy Munro

Denis Kelly: Clearlight system

William Leonard Pickard

Clyde Apperson

Casey Hardison

Then we have these two/three guys from this article.....

Edited by Kman1898 (12/04/13 04:16 PM)

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #19227573 - 12/04/13 04:19 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I was responding the other guy who said only 4 people were busted in USA. If you want to know what happened call the DEA and ask them. Say you are a student writing a paper and would like info. Use your real name and be professional. The case was either sealed because people ratted or there was no media interest in it, one or the other. If you can't find anything no one here probably can either. The DEA loves to jump gun and scream "lab bust" even when it's not true why didn't they promote this one? This had ergo cristine so it wasn't just idiot cops screaming lab when it wasn't. That's not normal that this bust is not mentioned by the DEA anywhere even if the press for some reason lost interest.
I know someone this could be, but it would based on rumours I heard online about someone who is supposedly active now because they ratted on everyone. But I don't repeat rumours because they could be total BS.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #19227599 - 12/04/13 04:25 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
He said extradition to the US for trial would show US citizens that they could still be punished in the United States for crimes committed elsewhere, which he views as a deterrent for others who might have similar ideas.

I do not understand the basis for prosecuting a person for no crime being committed in that jurisdiction. If you took a vacation to Jamaica and smoked a joint can the US governemnt prosecute that person for marijuana posession?

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlineoverstand
Stranger
Male

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: Ellis Dee] * 2
    #19229546 - 12/04/13 11:45 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

A simple google search for "St. Maarten LSD" will bring up case files for these guys. The defendants names are Jeffrey Viola and Donald Dean Shackelford. Its is strange that there is almost no media coverage of this incident. According to the case files all the evidence against these guys was seized by St. Maarten police and processed by a crime lab in the Netherlands. The chain of custody on the evidence sounds like it would not likely be admissible in US court. The last court files on these guys show that they were scheduled to appear for a plea hearing in 2007 and after that there is no mention of sentencing. I think these guys may have walked free and they are back in the Caribbean cooking LSD.

--------------------
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” - Henry David Thoreau

Offlinebookwriter
Stranger
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: overstand] * 1
    #19229914 - 12/05/13 03:07 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Overstand appears to be right that one of the defendants was named Donald Dean Shackelford.  But he is wrong that he was not sentenced.  Further digging yielded this etsy site, called LSDtwentyfive, where a 'Donnie Shackelford' claims to have been sentenced in 2007 and released in 2013.  His store claims to offer hand crafted leather belts fashioned with bear owlsley's buckles and in his bio he claims to have learned leatherworking while in prison for manufacturing LSD.  There is also an option there to contact him.  I couldn't find anything on Mr. Viola.

Edited by bookwriter (12/05/13 12:07 PM)

OfflineDirtyTomFlint
( ಥـْـِـِـِـْಥ)
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: bookwriter]
    #19229922 - 12/05/13 03:12 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting. If there truly has only been THIS number of people prosecuted for making LSD, maybe some of us will make that list. Hopefully not, though.

--------------------

Know Your Body, Know Your Mind, Know Your Substance, Know Your Source

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: DirtyTomFlint]
    #19230111 - 12/05/13 06:03 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

This prosecution is based upon evidence obtained during a lengthy international
investigation by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and other foreign law enforcement agencies of a drug trafficking organization based on the island of Sint Maarten (“St. Maarten”), the Netherlands Antilles, located in the Caribbean Sea. The Netherlands Antilles is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (“Holland”) and therefore is subject to the jurisdiction of Dutch law enforcement authorities.

On August 29, 2005, Dutch law enforcement agents on St. Maarten conducted surveillance of the two American targets, Shackelford and Viola, who had been utilizing mail courier services to purchase precursor chemical used in the manufacture of lysergic acid diethylamide (“LSD”). The Dutch authorities had been advised of possible precursor shipments to the defendants by United States law enforcement authorities after a precursor chemical shipment from the Czech Republic to the defendants was inadvertently sent to San Francisco, California, in the United States, rather than San Francisco Street, Panama City, Republic of Panama, where the defendants utilized a mail service that forwarded packages to their mailing address on St. Maarten. After DEA was notified of the misguided precursor shipment from the Czech Republic, DEA agents in San Francisco, California obtained search warrants for various e-mail accounts used by Shackelford and Viola to obtain materials used in the manufacture of LSD.

Dutch authorities arrested Shackelford and Viola on August 29, 2005, after the two picked up a package containing two hundred fifty (250) grams of ergocristine, an LSD precursor, from a DHL courier-service facility on Saint Maarten. Following the arrest, the Dutch authorities obtained a search warrant for the residence where Shackelford and Viola were staying on St. Maarten. At the residence, the Dutch police discovered a laboratory believed to be used to manufacture LSD.

The Dutch authorities on St. Maarten contacted their headquarters in Holland, which immediately dispatched a hazardous materials (“HazMat”) team to investigate the St. Maarten residence. On August 30, 2005, the Dutch HazMat team entered and searched the defendants’ residence, where they found laboratory equipment; several unused sheets of “blotter paper,” which is used to deliver individual doses of LSD for ingestion;1 one partial sheet of blotter paper that later tested positive for the presence of LSD; and enough precursor chemicals to manufacture an estimated one million (1,000,000) doses of LSD. The Dutch HazMat team also found instructional materials on the topic of manufacturing LSD, as well as a hand-written diary, believed to be written by Shackelford, explaining how to manufacture LSD. The Dutch authorities contacted DEA, who began assisting in the investigation on St. Maarten.

Further investigation by DEA revealed that in December 2004, the United States Bureau of Customs and Border Protection in Memphis, Tennessee intercepted a package that was mailed to an individual named Ryan Eaton (“Eaton”) in New Orleans, Louisiana, and which came from the same mailbox address in St. Maarten used by Shackelford and Viola to receive their precursor chemical shipments; the package contained one thousand (1000) doses, or “hits” of LSD on blotter paper that contained a stamped logo identical to blotter paper found in the residence on St. Maarten. The Louisiana State Police performed a controlled delivery of the package to Eaton at his residence in New Orleans; shortly after which Eaton was arrested on Louisiana state charges.

On December 22, 2005, a grand jury of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia returned a one-count indictment against Donald Dean Shackelford and Jeffrey Viola charging Conspiracy to Manufacture and Distribute ten (10) grams or more of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD) with Intent to Import into the United States, in violation of Title 21, United States Code, Section 963; in conjunction with Title 21, United States Code, Sections 959(a)(1) and 960, and Title 18, United States Code, Section 2. On December 22, Shackelford and Viola

http://c.plainsite.org/dcd/118478/15.pdf

https://www.docketalarm.com/cases/District_Of_Columbia_District_Court/1--05-cr-00454/USA_v._SHACKELFORD_et_al/

Edited by Kman1898 (12/05/13 06:34 AM)

Offlineoverstand
Stranger
Male

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: bookwriter]
    #19230199 - 12/05/13 07:25 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bookwriter said:
When you do a simple google search for St. Maarten LSD, you get a very interesting result from cjonline about the testimony of pickard's ex girlfriend, where she says he met with a 'graduate student' in, you guessed it, St. Maarten and talked about 'a proposed off shore business' which does not have further elaboration. 

I suppose an interested researcher could look up the transcripts of her testimony and parse it for further details on a potential link between this old case and Pickard's case. Pickard is also known to respond to letters and emails.

Overstand appears to be right that one of the defendants was named Donald Dean Shackelford.  But he is wrong that he was not sentenced.  Further digging yielded this etsy site, called LSDtwentyfive, where a 'Donnie Shackelford' claims to have been sentenced in 2007 and released in 2013.  His store claims to offer hand crafted leather belts fashioned with bear owlsley's buckles and in his bio he claims to have learned leatherworking while in prison for manufacturing LSD.  There is also an option there to contact him.  I couldn't find anything on Mr. Viola.

Wow, Good find! I am sorry to hear that the dude had to do six years. I have read about child molesters and murders that do a lot less time than that. I hope he tries to be more like Owlsley than Pickard. Owlsley gave up illegal chemistry after a prison stint and he spent most of his adult life as a free man. Pickard got busted and snitched his way out of it a few times until he finally got busted so bad that no amount of snitching could save him. Pickard will spend the rest of his life in jail. No amount of money is worth a life sentance.

--------------------
“Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.” - Henry David Thoreau

Edited by overstand (12/05/13 07:26 AM)

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: overstand]
    #19230629 - 12/05/13 10:31 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

overstand said:
Quote:

bookwriter said:
When you do a simple google search for St. Maarten LSD, you get a very interesting result from cjonline about the testimony of pickard's ex girlfriend, where she says he met with a 'graduate student' in, you guessed it, St. Maarten and talked about 'a proposed off shore business' which does not have further elaboration. 

I suppose an interested researcher could look up the transcripts of her testimony and parse it for further details on a potential link between this old case and Pickard's case. Pickard is also known to respond to letters and emails.

Wow, Good find! I am sorry to hear that the dude had to do six years. I have read about child molesters and murders that do a lot less time than that. I hope he tries to be more like Owlsley than Pickard. Owlsley gave up illegal chemistry after a prison stint and he spent most of his adult life as a free man. Pickard got busted and snitched his way out of it a few times until he finally got busted so bad that no amount of snitching could save him. Pickard will spend the rest of his life in jail. No amount of money is worth a life sentance.

I actually just messaged "Donnie" on etsy and asked him all about it! I.E. If he was the grad student mentioned in the Pickard case. Will update once I know more!

--------------------
Difficulty has more to do with reading abillity and ability to precisely follow directions. You need no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever, you just need to understand some basic principles as simple in concept as: water boils at 100C and freezes at 0C. Otherwise all published syntheses of organic and inorganic compounds can be reproduced successfully by pretty nearly anyone with at least average intelligence. Problems always have to do with availability of materials, not esoteric knowledge.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
    #19230786 - 12/05/13 11:22 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Donnie was just released in July and this wasn't the first time he got in trouble with the federal authorities either. He was released from federal custody the first time about 7 months before Pickard was arrested in 2000. Jeff Viola has also since been released.

Ryan Eaton was the guy (or one of the guys) they were sending LSD to in the US one thousand doses at a time, and he was released by the feds right before 2010.

Offlinebookwriter
Stranger
Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US *DELETED* [Re: Kman1898]
    #19230823 - 12/05/13 11:35 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by bookwriter

Reason for deletion: never mind

Offlineempty space
the void

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US *DELETED* [Re: bookwriter]
    #19230884 - 12/05/13 11:54 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by empty space

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

OfflineKman1898
Dr. Learn'd
 User Gallery

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: D.M.T]
    #19233058 - 12/05/13 05:58 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

D.M.T said:
Donnie was just released in July and this wasn't the first time he got in trouble with the federal authorities either. He was released from federal custody the first time about 7 months before Pickard was arrested in 2000. Jeff Viola has also since been released.

Ryan Eaton was the guy (or one of the guys) they were sending LSD to in the US one thousand doses at a time, and he was released by the feds right before 2010.

Source?

--------------------

Offlineoverstand
Stranger
Male

Re: St. Maarten LSD lab linked to US [Re: empty space]
    #19233200 - 12/05/13 06:31 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

empty space said:
There is more to this but anybody who has any knowledge knows to keep their mouth shut.

Of course there is more to this but the only reason to keep their mouths shut is if they're are still doing illegal things.  :stirthepot:  :paranoid:

If they are living the legit life, then I think they should be publishing memoirs and making movies . . . heck why not a tv series . . . Breaking Bad 2  :hairmetal:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals