Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Govt. Pot "Not fit for human consumption"
    #1922216 - 09/16/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yet one more reason illustrating the Laissez-faire Capitalist position that government involvement in just about everything should be minimized --

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/americas/09/16/canada.marijuana.ap/index.html

A US $4.20 (coincidence? I think not!) million dollar contract that produces ditchweed. For the love of Pete, I know teenagers capable of turning out mind-bending kind bud for about $420.00 worth of equipment and seed stock.

What's even more ironic is that privately produced Canadian bud has such a sterling reputation.

Everything government touches turns to shit -- even something as simple as growing pot. How can so many people want the government in charge of something as complex and important as health care when they can't even produce decent herb?

pinky

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Govt. Pot "Not fit for human consumption" [Re: Phred]
    #1922265 - 09/16/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

We should just hire a company to run the government.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1922268 - 09/16/03 04:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Can any pot growers here shed any light on what they think they might be doing wrong? I don't really know anything about growing pot myself. How negligent would you have to be to end up with something so completely shitty that people want a refund?

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Anonymous

Re: Govt. Pot "Not fit for human consumption" [Re: Edame]
    #1922452 - 09/16/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

if you botched the curing process, it'd be some nasty weed. that's the best thing i can think of.

i've had some homegrown from friends who could grow, but didn't know how to cure... it was nasty.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Govt. Pot "Not fit for human consumption" [Re: ]
    #1922480 - 09/16/03 05:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree that poorly-cured weed can be pretty harsh. But having cured a fair bit of homegrown myself back in the day, I can assure you we're not talking rocket science here.

One would think a $4.2 million budget would be enough to hire a curing consultant. Hmmm... come to think of it, I'm available.

pinky

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Govt. Pot "Not fit for human consumption" [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1922517 - 09/16/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
We should just hire a company to run the government.

We already have several companies running the government.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Anonymous

#1922528 - 09/16/03 05:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i would think that for an investment of over $4 million and the blessings of the government, anyone with any horticulture experience whatsoever could turn out alot of kickass herb...

am i reading that right? does it say that there are currently only 10 people buying herb from health canada, and only 39 patients pending? for 4 million dollars? shitty grass? what are they doing up there?

i wonder if they're letting it set seed or they're keeping it sinsemilla.

i mean... if they're letting it set seed, and putting the leaves in there with the buds... that'd be the makings for some pretty gross stuff.

Anonymous

#1922558 - 09/16/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

cannabis is in schedule 1 in our controlled substance scheduling. the criteria for this category are that a drug must have no medical use and a high potential for abuse.

cannabis clearly has medical value. i wonder how long before the gov't admits it and it gets rescheduled. speaking of which... i wonder how long before the government will admit the medical value of psilocybe mushrooms in treating cluster headaches and do the same for it...

ah... stupid drug war.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
    #1922725 - 09/16/03 06:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The government is known to sell bags of leaves with little, to no thc. It says that there in a mine, I bet its gettin mouldy with all the humidity, I also bet they have no goddamn idea what they are doing. I could grow all the pot thhey ever needed for a million, and they could keep the other 419 million bucks, what dumbasses

Anonymous

Re: Govt. Pot "Not fit for human consumption" [Re: resin]
    #1922747 - 09/16/03 06:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

growing weed in an old mine is retarded.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1922817 - 09/16/03 07:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Now, you see... If we had potheads running the government, this wouldn't happen.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Govt. Pot "Not fit for human consumption" [Re: silversoul7]
    #1923704 - 09/16/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If we had potheads running the government, ALOT of things wouldent happen!!!! :laugh:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Govt. Pot "Not fit for human consumption" [Re: domite]
    #1923946 - 09/17/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I heard a quote on the radio from Jim wakefeild saying more than that
he said "me and my dotoct opened the bag together and were shocked , it smelt horrible, looked bad was full of twigs etc etc etc"

I knew that cannabis was going to be crap

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1923965 - 09/17/03 12:42 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree that government involvement usually leads to shit,but in this case the pharm industry supposedly made a big stink about it because cheap marijuana competes with their expensive as hell THC pills. That's one of the reasons why it cost so damn much.

It's also hard to know how bad it is exactly without seeing pictures or something. It was probably grown by a bunch of scientists that know little or nothing about marijuana. I bet the males weren't seperated properly,the crop wasn't given sufficient time to bud,and it was poorly cured. They probably used generic plant growing techniques.

Has anybody else noticed that when anti drug sites,etc talk about weed they always show pictures of males leaves with no buds and shitty shwag?

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Cultivation Supplies