Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Call for legal ecstasy
    #1921390 - 09/16/03 01:49 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.rnw.nl/hotspots/html/ned030908.html

Call for legal ecstasy

8 September 2003

The Netherlands' international reputation for a liberal and pragmatic approach to drugs has been reinforced by a call from one of the main opposition parties to allow ecstasy (MDMA) to be sold legally. The opposition Green Left party, claiming that the current Dutch approach to hard drugs is not working, has proposed changing laws to bring the policing policy on drugs such as ecstasy in line with policy on cannabis. While cannabis is not strictly legal in the Netherlands, personal possession of up to 5g is not a crime, and licensed "Coffeeshops" are permitted to sell the drug.

Caroline van Dullemen, head of the scientific unit of the Green Left, says allowing the sale of ecstasy could actually reduce its production. In this interview with RN's Claire Cavanagh, she explains why she believes the move is needed.

"What we have been seeing is that the judicial system in the Netherlands is largely overstrained due to drug-related crime. It is believed that about 50 percent of all the activities of the judges and the police have a relation to drug-related crime, and due to that it means that other heavy crimes like theft and even murder and other serious crimes are getting less and less attention. That made us very worried."

"We came to the idea of maybe finding a more pragmatic way to deal with drugs, because the main question is that there is a large demand for legal drugs. Ecstasy is ? next to cannabis ? the illegal drug [most widely] used for recreational purposes in the Netherlands, mainly by youth in party time. We don't know enough about the addiction effects, but so far in the Netherlands, our main clinics like the Jellinek and other institutions which help drug addicts, are not convinced that ecstasy is heavily addictive."

RN: "But do you think this will cut ecstasy production, because surely you are creating a market by putting it in the shops for people to buy?"

"That is the question. It would be wonderful if we had a laboratory situation where we actually can see whether that is the case. The only way we can compare the drugs market is, for instance, with cannabis. The use of cannabis in the Netherlands in youth ? let's say drug starters ? is far less than for instance, in the US. And the US has a very repressive policy, and there, it is said, about 41 percent of youth is using it regularly, and in the Netherlands it's far less. We don't believe that having a very restrictive policy helps people not to use."

RN: "Would you stop at ecstasy or do you think a drug like cocaine should be dealt with in this way?"

"Well cocaine might be another question. With ecstasy, it's a very clear group. It's mainly youth who are using it, it's what they call a party drug. Cocaine might be another question, though even cocaine is used a lot in recreational spheres. In arty circles, ballet-dancers, journalists, public relations officers. Coke is used in all kinds of layers of our society, and mainly when you talk about hard drugs, we think about the people on the margins of society, the junkies, who we meet everyday in our train stations, and even for them we are not convinced that penalising it, keeping it in the penal code, is very helpful."

Regulate drugs for a safer society.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dutch report http://www.groenlinks.nl/partij/wb/drugswb.pdf

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Call for legal ecstasy [Re: Annom]
    #1923209 - 09/16/03 10:56 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

"What we have been seeing is that the judicial system in the Netherlands is largely overstrained due to drug-related crime. It is believed that about 50 percent of all the activities of the judges and the police have a relation to drug-related crime, and due to that it means that other heavy crimes like theft and even murder and other serious crimes are getting less and less attention. That made us very worried."

Wow thats a thought...

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineLaxy

Re: Call for legal ecstasy [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #1924102 - 09/17/03 03:37 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, a country that doesn't have politicians with head up their asses. yay for amsterdam!

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #1924385 - 09/17/03 07:10 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, I already knew this for a few weeks!
short story about th same thing:

XTC in smartshop

t should be possible to sell XTC in smartshops. That is the conclusion of research by the scientific agency of Dutch political party GroenLinks.

The current drug policy causes a danger to society, according to the political party. The war on drugs would cost too much time, effort and money.

That is why it should be made possible again to buy shrooms in a smartshop. Now, that is a good idea! But maybe the party is a bit over-enthousiastic when the say they also want XTC to be sold in the same way. Okay, there is still no proof that XTC-use will harm you (see the news on our site ?XTC-use not harmfull??), but should we really sell synthetic drugs in a smartshop?

Maybe those pills can also be sold at the pharmacy. Now they are already selling medical weed, this should also fit their product range.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Call for legal ecstasy [Re: stefan]
    #1925412 - 09/17/03 04:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

"That is why it should be made possible again to buy shrooms in a smartshop."

It's still possible to buy mushrooms in smartshops.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1926224 - 09/17/03 08:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think this is a good thing, either ecstacy is safe or not or weither legalization will have a good effect cannot be determined until someone finds out...

Thats why I dont like the US' no tolerance rules. I've never seen no tolerence work in any situation on any level :mad: 

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #1927931 - 09/18/03 05:44 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think they mean dried shrooms...

Offlinepaddo
Oh shit i realydid it this time
 User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands
    #1928538 - 09/18/03 11:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I think Stefan means dry mushrooms.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Call for legal ecstasy [Re: stefan]
    #1934678 - 09/20/03 05:23 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You can also still buy dried mushrooms in some smartshops.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Offlinehofratgeiger
Stranger
    #2414163 - 03/10/04 10:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

hi there,

i?m from vienna, going to amsterdam in 10 days to celebrate my birthday.
on this occasion my girlfriend and i want to take xtc.
we don?t?want to buy from the street dealers i know from former visits.
is there a safe way to get some?

please help me out if u can!
reg
hg

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Call for legal ecstasy [Re: hofratgeiger]
    #2416267 - 03/10/04 07:35 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This is old...I was forgeting how much sense the Netherlands make.

hof, there is no safe way to get something illegal :frown: but hopefully the law will change

If I were you I'd make a social network of druggie friends while I'm there and have them help me get stuff. Or you can just hit a rave/club :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service