Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs in public
    #1916021 - 09/14/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

As many of you have seen in the past months our nation's Headshops are in danger and need our support. Federal and state laws have for over 2 decades made sale of drug paraphernalia a fineable, and imprisonable offense. Their main weapon is the fact that nobody uses the types of pipes commonly used for smoking marijuana (bongs chillums, glass) for smoking tobacco. This has made the overlords job of declairing what is and is not drug paraphernalia much easier.

I believe their sole intent in this is to silence the voices of pipe merchants by giving them reason to fear being vocal against the drug war. If it weren't for the fact that Headshop owners have to constantly cover their asses, they would have become local headquarters for the reform movement. The intent of paraphernalia laws is to oppress speech, and keep people who would otherwise be community leaders under their thumb.

Our response is clear and simple. Tobacco smokers who value liberty and oppose the drug war and the governments attempts to silence us should take to smoking bongs in public as a form of protest. This would both be a sign of solidarity amongst those of us yearning to be free, and would set a prescident of bongs being used to smoke tobacco, which would make it more difficult to obtain a conviction against businesses that sell pipes, and vocally support ending the drug war.

Who here smokes tobacco and is willing to be a trend setter?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs in public [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1916040 - 09/14/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I have smoked tobacco out of a glass pipe before, and would be willing to smoke it out of a bong. I'd especially be willing to smoke flavored hookah tobacco out of a bong.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs in public [Re: silversoul7]
    #1916072 - 09/14/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I had some nice cherry flavored tobacco out of a hooha once. It was nice. Someone would probably want to come up with a line of tobacco specially blended to be smoked in bongs.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs in public [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1916096 - 09/14/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard that there was once a kind of tobacco so strong that it could supposedly induce visions, but the Europeans found it too strong, so they bred the crops to be less strong.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs in public [Re: silversoul7]
    #1916263 - 09/14/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

BY the way YOU ALL KNOW , I assume...............

that tommy chong is going to jail for selling bongs on the net right????????
fucking stupidest thing I can think off , heroin addicts can get free needles(which is cool and I have nothing against them), but if someone wants to buy a nice glass bong with a glass bowl, thats a big fucking crime

you know what I start to think more everyday that the american government isnt so concered about harder drugs, after all theres more money for the prison system , with marijuana smokers and growers

I remember a thing released in 2001 or so that said the previous year

MORE PEOPLE were arested for Cannabis then RAPE , MURDER , ASULT, AND THEFT combined
and of that 95% of those were for cannabis POSSESION
(Iam not exactly sure but this is a pretty common fact that could be looked up, I will dig a bit), its so close to that it doesnt matter

stack the P word against RAPE MURDER THEFT AND ASSULT

which seems worse to you

peace

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs in pu [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1916799 - 09/14/03 10:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Did you write that? That was really good.

If I smoked cigarettes, I would love to do this.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i *DELETED* [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1916806 - 09/14/03 10:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by z@z.com

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i [Re: z@z.com]
    #1916811 - 09/14/03 10:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

WTF?!!? That's an outrage! On what grounds did they keep his bong?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i *DELETED* [Re: Learyfan]
    #1916819 - 09/14/03 10:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by z@z.com

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i [Re: Learyfan]
    #1916826 - 09/14/03 10:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

While I am a militant anti-smoker, I would acutally support people doing this particular act of civil-disobedience. For the obvious reason, of course, but also for this reason; most custom blended tobaccos are grown by small farmers - or more to the point, NOT by Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds, Brown & Williamson, et. al.

This form of protest would actually support small farms in addition to reducing revenue (albeit a tiny amount) of the Big and Evils.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1916858 - 09/14/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i think i will have to try that :smile2: except when i do it i'm going to be sure and get it on video and take pictures of my clean pipe before i start i may even use one of those legal herbal smoking blends that smell a little skunky

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i [Re: z@z.com]
    #1916897 - 09/14/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/thread11131.shtml

...in the affidavit, police cite several experts who stated that the items are used solely for drugs. These include James Noriss, commander of the New Hampshire Attorney General?s Drug Task Force; Lt. Anthony Colarusso of the Dover Police Department; Fran McNally, assistant principal at Dover High School; Timothy Pifer, director of the State Police Laboratory and Raymond McGarty, executive director of Southeast New Hampshire Services.

McGarty, for example, stated that he had never known the "bongs" and other items to be used for tobacco, according to the affidavit.

To classify the items as drug paraphernalia, Fenniman points out a section of state law that said the items can be classified as such with "expert testimony concerning its use." But Fenniman said the items in this case will also qualify under sections that include "direct or circumstantial evidence" of the owner?s intent, instructions or advertising for the item?s use, the manner it is displayed and whether the object is customarily intended for use as drug paraphernalia.

Gee, I wonder why nobody uses "bongs" for tobacco use. Maybe they don't want to be arrested for not breaking the law.

--------------------

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1916907 - 09/14/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Technically it's not even civil disobedience.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1916963 - 09/14/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

smoking flavored tobacco out of hookah's is really popular on the west coast, I think it's called "sheesha" or something like that. there's all kinds of little cafe's with tons of really nice hookahs hanging around the bars...

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs in pu [Re: Learyfan]
    #1916973 - 09/14/03 11:06 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, those are my words.

What should we call this movement?

So far I like the phrase "Liberty Bong".

How about "Operation Liberty Bong."

--------------------

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i [Re: Malachi]
    #1917043 - 09/14/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Heh-- thanks to no more smoking in public places on the west coast, most of those have been shut down.

Anyone know if the Velvet Hooka in Deep Ellum is such a place currently?

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1918239 - 09/15/03 01:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GernBlanston said:
While I am a militant anti-smoker, I would acutally support people doing this particular act of civil-disobedience. For the obvious reason, of course, but also for this reason; most custom blended tobaccos are grown by small farmers - or more to the point, NOT by Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds, Brown & Williamson, et. al.

This form of protest would actually support small farms in addition to reducing revenue (albeit a tiny amount) of the Big and Evils.

That is totally hypocritical. So it is OK for a small farmer to slowly kill people, but not a big company? Another question. Why is it any of your business if I want to smoke cigarettes?

Anonymous

Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs in pu [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1918524 - 09/15/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Operation Liberty Bong has a nice ring to it. :wink:

Anonymous

Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i [Re: shakta]
    #1918924 - 09/15/03 05:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i was going to comment about that too.

apparently "evil" is a function of how large a corporation is, not what it actually does....

that said, i fail to see how producing cigarettes, or tobacco, in whatever quantity, is evil.

i'm going to try smoking tobacco from a bong in public.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Protest drug war & paraphernalia laws: Smoke bongs i [Re: ]
    #1919580 - 09/15/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Anyone know if the Velvet Hooka in Deep Ellum is such a place currently?

yeah, they have hookas, or at least they used to. Last I was there they played a lot of house and jazz. not really my scene.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals