Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBikerfool
Doin' Time
Male

Re: New Drug That’s As Addictive As Heroin And Perfectly Legal [Re: Bikerfool]
    #19178368 - 11/23/13 12:27 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bikerfool said:

But soon, Carrie said, her casual kratom use turned to  full-blown addiction. She was taking kratom three times a day, spending $1,000 a month on it.

It just blows my mind that someone could use $1000 of kratom in a month.
A $100 bag will keep me happy for 6 months.

--------------------
Dirty faces, dirty minds, dirty bass lines.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesomething cool
meandering

Re: New Drug That’s As Addictive As Heroin And Perfectly Legal [Re: PurpleHaze147]
    #19179662 - 11/23/13 06:52 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PurpleHaze147 said:
Holy shit I saw something like this on the news the other day saying it's addictive and as powerful as heroin WTF. No it's not, maybe as powerful as codeine or tramadol but I actually think those got kratom beat. Kratom is a safe way to treat withdraws or to get a lil opioid buzz in non tolerant people.

Damn. I was enticed at the part of the article that claimed it gave a cocaine-like high. Opiate = opposite of stimulant, and codeine = crappy opiate that I'd rather be sober than high on, and if Krapom = beneath codeine then I'd also prefer to not touch it rather than use it. Guess the article writer is simply a moron.

Offlinesolo11
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: New Drug That’s As Addictive As Heroin And Perfectly Legal [Re: something cool]
    #19179801 - 11/23/13 07:33 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

yea, its not supposed to be strong, and not the best option if you feel like getting really high, but for some people, like myself, have way fewer options due to past addictions, and is no longer the goal to get really high and chase it day after day, its more like if you could micro dose an opiate like substance without a lot of negatives, its very beneficial for helping to stay away from harmful drugs, keeps the anxiety in check, lets you look forward to something, and doesn't eventually ravage you from the inside out. its more like a super pleasant nutrient. Some say playing with fire for the recovering addicts, an opiate addict shouldn't be fucking with the opiate receptors, but shit, you try and be an opiate addict living sober, many people fucking do it, but opiates have a massive relapse rate, and even more addicts than not are put on daily opiate type therapy to fill those receptors while not getting high necessarily, and yes that in theory does help a lot of people, but the point im trying to make, is that this kind of value from a plant source is very important for a lot of people who might otherwise be on methadone, or back on opiates in general, or the dreaded suboxone, its already widely accepted that its more effective to fill those receptors in the addicts rather than completely remove substance entirely from the addicts reality right away, which leads to much better functioning and navigating in the daily life without the need nawing at you day in and day out.
this is what kratom is for a lot of people, now compare kratom to the accepted therapies for these people. How could kratom possibly be worse an any way shape or form? ive been clean and sober for almost 3 years, and on past attempts to get here, I didn't have kratom, I had suboxone, that put me in hell. It shouldn't be looked at from the perspective of comparing it to its drug forms and thinking its a completely safe version, which could be argued, but should be looked at how and who it could help, and compared to present options of the people who might benefit.

OfflineAllGreyThumbs
Storage Container Aficionado
Male

Loc: Some savage little planet...
Re: New Drug That’s As Addictive As Heroin And Perfectly Legalpp [Re: solo11]
    #19183393 - 11/24/13 06:19 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Kratom actually taught me that I don't need to get high when I can spend my days being happy and at ease.  While somewhat similar to mild opiates, it has some major differences in that tolerance does not build much at all provided tha someone isn't using extracts multiple times a day to get high.  Not needing to constantly increase dosage means that addiction never really become that severe.

Also anyone that spends $1000 a month on kratom is a fucking idiot.  That kind of money can buy more kratom than you could physcally swallow in one month if you just find a decent herbal supply place.  The kind of person who does shit like this was probably going to hurt themselves with a pair of scissor of some matches eventually anyway, so it's not like kratom is anymore dangerous than hot or sharp things to normal human beings.

--------------------
I only use drugs medicinally.  If I don't my knees hurt from kneeling down.

OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Nowhere, Wiscon...
Re: New Drug That’s As Addictive As Heroin And Perfectly Legalpp [Re: AllGreyThumbs]
    #19185212 - 11/25/13 02:46 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

I find it amusing how they demonize drugs while missing the elephant in the room that ANYTHING done to excess can be as bad or worse for you than drugs. Thing like gambling, watching TV and playing video games, can be at least as bad...

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: New Drug That’s As Addictive As Heroin And Perfectly Legalpp [Re: Eywa_devotee]
    #19185337 - 11/25/13 04:14 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Ah stage one: the propaganda machine. It's amazing to watch the press repeat whatever the cops tell them. My theory is if reporters don't play ball they don't get a call when there is a real police story.
Next the concerned parents will be screaming to have this banned (aka please take another right away from me, and faster).
It's a pattern and it usually works, salvia is the only one I have seen them fail to get hysteria going with this method. You guys can mock it all you want but I give kratom a year until it is banned in the USA.

Offlinesolo11
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: New Drug That’s As Addictive As Heroin And Perfectly Legalpp [Re: my3rdeye]
    #19187857 - 11/25/13 06:56 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

nah, I think theres a few years left, youd be surprised how much the kratom market has suffered though the last couple years, and a lot of states have actually gotten it onto bills that didn't pass, huge problems importing it, vendors being harassed by there credit card processing companies. clearly its coming, and its going to gain more and more momentum faster and faster. But it will take a bit, wont be right away. Basically the process is already under way, but I don't think it will come to a close yet.  its been removed from a few bills that were linked with RC's I think due to letters from many kratom users out there writing, but I could be very wrong. it wont keep slipping though, atleast in LA its a little more out of the grey area and requires identification to get.
I wonder when they are going to give up on trying to pass a law on every little psychoactive that comes around, honestly its mind blowing how many options are always available despite the laws, almost seems like its infinite, which is hard to believe, but even so, eventually youd think theyd just change the system for dealing with it in general, don't know exactly what would be put into place, but if it was my household, and I couldn't enforce these tightly made rules, and the shitty living situation was becoming a fucking mess, out of my control, id sit my housemates down and discuss a system for dealing with this shit, because living with people is hard, and requires compromise and adaptation. But we all know here in the U.S as far as the rules go, they were not meant for our peacefull cohabitation, more like to keep people in there place and create a manipulated flow of money despite anyones safety. anyway, rambling sorry, this year produced some amazing blue dream
:rasta:
That's why I want to move to costa rica!! start a kratom farm there!!

OfflineBikerfool
Doin' Time
Male

Re: New Drug That’s As Addictive As Heroin And Perfectly Legalpp [Re: solo11]
    #19191276 - 11/26/13 12:30 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

The problem lawmakers will face when trying to ban kratom is a lack of negatives concerning the drug.
People don't overdose and die on kratom, they don't get violent, become desperate, or usually experience negative health effects.
So what's the argument going to be when this goes to bat in the legal system?
There is very little evidence that kratom is bad for society. It's actually probably the opposite.
And during a time of marijuana reform, hopefully minds will be open to the positive effects of the drug.

--------------------
Dirty faces, dirty minds, dirty bass lines.

OfflineD.M.T
Shroomery Contaminant
Female

Loc: In your brain
Re: New Drug That’s As Addictive As Heroin And Perfectly Legalpp [Re: Bikerfool]
    #19191494 - 11/26/13 01:23 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

All the same could be said for marijuana, of course. but even the Thai know it's a bunch of shit and are re-legalising kratom.

If history is indicative of anything then kratom is lucked out by the fact that no specific ethnic groups/minorities are reported to be the main users in the US. even as recently as 1993 that's how khat was banned. them damn yellow-toothed Yemenis!

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon Salvia

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service