Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegreenpinky
Strange Enthusiast
Male

Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: taGyo]
    #21128385 - 01/16/15 09:11 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Congrats Matteo! Here's to more than an 1/8 flush! I'll be monitoring this more. Unfortunately in my grow I had several jars contam. I'm not sure which vector yet, as it could of been any, but I've got a detailed plan for my next attempt. Unfortunately that was the last of my Albino's and all I have is Chitwan. Enjoy your dicks though Matteo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinematteo89
Pinning
Male User Gallery
Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: greenpinky]
    #21130005 - 01/16/15 04:17 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

greenpinky said:
Congrats Matteo! Here's to more than an 1/8 flush! I'll be monitoring this more. Unfortunately in my grow I had several jars contam. I'm not sure which vector yet, as it could of been any, but I've got a detailed plan for my next attempt. Unfortunately that was the last of my Albino's and all I have is Chitwan. Enjoy your dicks though Matteo.

I appreciate the love pinky!!  i couldnt believe it, at first i was like, great, what contams could this be? but to my surprise, lil babies!! Ive noticed through my readings and the experiences of growers here that PE varieties can be unpredictable, im sorry to hear that. This was the last couple ml's of PE that i had so i was hoping for alls glory as well. What do u think could have contributed to the contams? how was the grain prep?

Here is as of today, they look like thye doubled in size..so who knows, hopefully there are more pins/blobs under the casing that are just taking there time.

Edited by matteo89 (01/16/15 09:15 PM)

InvisibleGrey
⇜ ✯ ⇝
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: matteo89]
    #21130097 - 01/16/15 04:35 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: breath that sigh of relief and watch the show.

--------------------

:takingnotes:  AMU Q&A  :takingnotes:

If you don't have a plan of your own, you'll become a part of somebody else's.

OfflineCAP_TURTLE
Adventurer
 User Gallery

Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: wowimflabbergasted]
    #21130162 - 01/16/15 04:47 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wowimflabbergasted said:
You want ambient lighting during colonization. When you have your clear lid, the natural light in your room will probably be enough. Pretty much just don't have it in total darkness. A 12/12 schedule is important, but more important during fruiting.

Quote:

harryskinflap said:
I wouldn't worry about moving the light further away. Looks like a good distance. And yes 12/12 should be maintained, get the daily rhythm going. 

The only concern I really see is the closeness of that back wall. Maybe a pro has an opinion about that.

Right now while it's colonizing it doesn't matter. He will obviously have to move it for fruiting, he can't even fit poly in the side holes with where it's at now.

Does throwing off an exact 12/12 cycle actually have an affect or does getting 12 hours a day enough?  What affect does it have if any?

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: CAP_TURTLE]
    #21130349 - 01/16/15 05:24 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Giving it a random 12 hours isn't really the same at all as having a solid 12/12 cycle, but this is also someone elses thread so I'm not going to discuss that here.  :shrug:

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Offlinematteo89
Pinning
Male User Gallery
Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: Inocuole]
    #21131187 - 01/16/15 09:03 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
Giving it a random 12 hours isn't really the same at all as having a solid 12/12 cycle, but this is also someone elses thread so I'm not going to discuss that here.  :shrug:

Please, by all means share any info that you wish that is asked, whether its OP (me) or anyone else. I do not mind it, and by no means do i feel it is a thread highjacking. I have gained alot of valuable information just from the discussions that occur within the thread.

Offlinematteo89
Pinning
Male User Gallery
Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: Grey]
    #21131213 - 01/16/15 09:10 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ingclassy said:
:thumbup: breath that sigh of relief and watch the show.

The show has started, but ill wait a bit before partying, as these are the only pins/blobs that i have seen inside the tub. Tomorrow will tell as i have them on off lights right now. If i see some new clusters, then im celebrating! But im still jumping for joy seeing tiny shroomies . GROW BABY GROW!

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #21131218 - 01/16/15 09:12 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

12/12 is best for establishing a healthy circadian rhythm.

Good luck OP

Offlinegreenpinky
Strange Enthusiast
Male

Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #21133192 - 01/17/15 11:21 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

matteo89 said:

I appreciate the love pinky!!  i couldnt believe it, at first i was like, great, what contams could this be? but to my surprise, lil babies!! Ive noticed through my readings and the experiences of growers here that PE varieties can be unpredictable, im sorry to hear that. This was the last couple ml's of PE that i had so i was hoping for alls glory as well. What do u think could have contributed to the contams? how was the grain prep?

Yeah I know several things that I didn't take care enough with. I had busted grains and a new environment that I didn't prep enough. But  i'm not worried for the next batch.
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
12/12 is best for establishing a healthy circadian rhythm.

Good luck OP

12/12 all the way. Buy a simple 4 dollar timer.

OfflinetaGyo
Strainiac/AMU
Male User Gallery

Loc: Journal Land Flag
Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: greenpinky]
    #21133381 - 01/17/15 12:06 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

Offlinematteo89
Pinning
Male User Gallery
Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: taGyo]
    #21149389 - 01/20/15 11:46 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Just an update to show that it all hasnt gone bad haha.. these are my largest fruits. Is the best time to pick PE when u see the white bumps forming near the neck of the fruit? I ask cause it looks like the caps are opening up, but with PE i feel that this is not the proper indicator. Aside from that i have numerous pins, and i say pins and not blobs because i am experiencing zero blobs and i believe it has to do with the casing layer, which i am really glad i did.

Offlinematteo89
Pinning
Male User Gallery
    #21158774 - 01/21/15 06:06 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Hey everyone,

My biggest fruits have been bumping up, im going to wait until tomorrow to see if they grow a bit more to harvest; should i wait till the cap opens up (loooks like Raidens hat from Mortal Kombat? hehe) or until the bumps under the cap get more noticeable? im going to give it a bit before i havest and move it outside, because im stsrting to push the limits of this tub. Ive stopped trich in its path twice, and im pretty sure its getting angry( mind that they were very small, 1mm or smaller). Overall im really happy how it all turned out, definately more than an 1/8th HAHAHA!! thankyou everyone for all the help tips and concerns. Ill follow up with any total dry weight if anyone is interested, and expect me back soon, and i promise no more popcorn for a while, and i will not waste anymore time without a PC, cheers shroomers!!

Edit: After looking at some users PE tubs, the caps opening up look like the best indicator so i will wait till then

Edited by matteo89 (01/21/15 06:15 PM)

OfflineCl0ud.9.Warl0ck
Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: South East
    #21159520 - 01/21/15 07:44 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Your experiment seems excellent and doing well at this point!:justastonishing:

--------------------

Offlineshroomiedoo22
Level II

Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: Cl0ud.9.Warl0ck]
    #21159896 - 01/21/15 09:19 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Man you got some strange lookin PE!

I've never seen wienies so long and skinny, but congrats on the fruits! It's quite the moment

--------------------

Level II Shroomer Good Vibes :mushroom2:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: shroomiedoo22] * 1
    #21159978 - 01/21/15 09:47 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

They happen sometimes :shrug:

PE has a lot of different phenotypes that are considered normal, blobs, upsidedown, sporeless, are all normal and to be expected. This isolate fruited upside down or did a nosedive everytime.

Offlinegreenpinky
Strange Enthusiast
Male

#21160305 - 01/21/15 11:17 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shroomiedoo22 said:
Man you got some strange lookin PE!

I've never seen wienies so long and skinny, but congrats on the fruits! It's quite the moment

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
They happen sometimes :shrug:

PE has a lot of different phenotypes that are considered normal, blobs, upsidedown, sporeless, are all normal and to be expected. This isolate fruited upside down or did a nosedive everytime.
[/url]

Is that so? I've never actually read that before now, but it makes sense. I've had some weird looking batches, and thought I may of done something wrong, even though they seemed extremely successful to me.

Offlinematteo89
Pinning
Male User Gallery
    #21160354 - 01/21/15 11:37 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

I was hoping for some silly fatties like yours pasty, thats awesome how you just grew pe straight from the jar. no case?, straight to fruit? For my next grow, im really interested in following your mwthods for that one tub you cased with sterilized coir, that tub came out fantastic, and the sterilized coir really interested me. And was it just me but did those fruits look almost lighter in color? like the stems appeared eggshell white instead of the light wood most cubes seem to have, ad well as the caps just looked appealing... was it ms or an isolate? Did you ever get a contam in those tubs?

Right shroomiedoo?! although its most likely the pheno- ,  idk if maybe my light setup was a factor since its not tru 6500k. Im very impressed with the casing layers effect on the fruits, it really helped them get settled and grow very evenly. Im looking forward to harvesting the cluster on the top left

Offlinematteo89
Pinning
Male User Gallery
Re: Penis Envy on Popcorn 1st grow ever [Re: Cl0ud.9.Warl0ck]
    #21160364 - 01/21/15 11:42 PM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Cl0ud.9.Warl0ck said:
Your experiment seems excellent and doing well at this point!:justastonishing:

Thanks, its been fun!:dancer: :hatsoff:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #21161123 - 01/22/15 04:58 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

matteo89 said:
I was hoping for some silly fatties like yours pasty, thats awesome how you just grew pe straight from the jar. no case?, straight to fruit? For my next grow, im really interested in following your mwthods for that one tub you cased with sterilized coir, that tub came out fantastic, and the sterilized coir really interested me. And was it just me but did those fruits look almost lighter in color? like the stems appeared eggshell white instead of the light wood most cubes seem to have, ad well as the caps just looked appealing... was it ms or an isolate? Did you ever get a contam in those tubs?

The bottle sub is a mix of grains and bulk materials mixed together and sterilized.  Then inoculated with LC or LI. Mudafuka has a writeup on it. That one was cased with verm.

The other tub was ms, and was a leucistic grow meaning the fruits have very little pigment.  Look into the variety AA+. I flushed that one three times I believe. Coir is a very forgiving material to be sure.

Offlineshroomiedoo22
Level II

#21161345 - 01/22/15 07:23 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Right shroomiedoo?! although its most likely the pheno- ,  idk if maybe my light setup was a factor since its not tru 6500k. Im very impressed with the casing layers effect on the fruits, it really helped them get settled and grow very evenly. Im looking forward to harvesting the cluster on the top left

I would say that's all in the genes, lighting has a substantial effect but it wouldn't shape the fruit that much! I have no experience with PE myself, either way they look like very nice mushies. Congrats again and enjoy your fruits!

--------------------

Level II Shroomer Good Vibes :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder