Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Papaver Somniferum, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Warning of DEA investigation needed
    #1917673 - 09/15/03 10:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

In light of this:
Quote:

- INTELLIGENCE BRIEF-

MAIL-ORDER PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM SPORES IN GREAT FALLS, MONTANA

The DEA Western Laboratory (San Francisco, California) recently received a submission of three standard design, plastic, 12 milliliter syringes containing a clear liquid with very small black specks suspended in the solution, suspected to be aqueous suspensions of psilocybin mushroom spores. The exhibits were seized by the Postal Inspector in Great Falls, Montana. Each syringe had a piece of colored tape wrapped around it; one red, one white, and one blue. Each tape had a different alphanumeric code written on it, the meaning of which was not intuitively obvious. For prosecution purposes (attempt to manufacture psilocybin and/or psilocin, controlled substances), it was necessary to show both that the spores were viable (would grow mushrooms), and that the mushrooms grown from the spores contained psilocybin and/or psilocin.

Visual examination of a drop of the liquid at 750x magnification revealed thousands of brownish colored, semi-transparent, oval shaped spores. Each solution was used to innoculate four different growth media: Potato, dextrose, yeast agar (PDY), dog food agar (DFA), malt extract agar (MEA), and brown rice powder and vermiculite. The basic procedures followed those provided in: Gross ST. Detecting psychoactive drugs in the developmental stages of mushrooms. Journal of Forensic Sciences 2000;45(3):527. [Further details not provided in accordance with Bulletin policy.] Mycelium growth was obtained with two of the syringes; analysis of samples of the mycelium by GC/MS and GC/IRD confirmed psilocin (see: Casale JF. An aqueous-organic extraction method for the isolation and identification of psilocin from hallucinogenic mushrooms. Journal of Forensic Sciences 1985;30(1):247). Transfer of the mycelium to a grow chamber resulted in mushroom growth (see Photo 5), and analysis of the dried mushrooms confirmed psilocin. This was the first submission of this type to the Western Laboratory.

from this source:

htt_p://ww_w.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0703/mg0703.html

I think it a duty of the community to put the word out that whoever lives in Great Falls, Montana and ordered 3 syringes in July which didn't show up should do an immediate house cleaning and be prepared for a possible visit from the authorities.

The page was created in July, but often investigations may take months of preliminary work while building a case or collecting enough circumstancial evidence to get a warrant. Also, a search for an arrest in the area for the charges shows nothing, so either the case died, or they are still working on it. If they are still working on it, the suspect needs to know.

I'm not sure the best way to get the word to the person who might be in trouble, but perhaps sticky threads in a forum or two might help.

Anybody else have any ideas of what we can do?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Edited by papaver (09/15/03 04:16 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: mycofile]
    #1917756 - 09/15/03 11:50 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

you can tell me how you've gone about
gathering this information...

the intelligence brief and the search for
warrants.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: afoaf]
    #1918126 - 09/15/03 02:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

htt_p://ww_w.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0703/mg0703.html

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by papaver (09/15/03 04:17 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: z@z.com]
    #1918218 - 09/15/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Please note that clicking on the above link will take you to a US government web site which will record your IP address along with a referer tag of www.shroomery.org. If you type the address into your browser instead of clicking on the link no referer tag will be sent, but your IP address will still be logged.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: Seuss]
    #1918460 - 09/15/03 04:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Good Point! I added underscores to the URLs, so that no one can directly click on them.

This is old news, and was covered in our News Forum and several other forums. This is where the DEA Q-Tip Tek of Death came from... :wink:

As for warning the person in Montana, they probably aren't even a member, and even if they were, we don't really know where our members live, so there isn't much we can do...

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1918461 - 09/15/03 04:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Doesn't bother me if they log me. I have nothing to hide.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1921362 - 09/16/03 01:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: Papaver]
    #1921750 - 09/16/03 04:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: motaman]
    #1922259 - 09/16/03 06:44 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

good link motaman, I was just looking for that link when you posted it.

And afoaf, I stumbled across the bulletin in normal browsing. I have no way of searching for warrants, but it was easy enough to locate two newspapers serving the area, none of which had any recent psilocybian cultivation busts. There was a guy caught with loads of meth, coke, weed, and like an eighth of shrooms though.....

My initial interest was personal, then it was directed towards possible legal actions against the spore vendor, then it hit me, holy shit, somebody needs to warn the kid that ordered the spores!

I understand full well that the shroomery doesn't keep tabs on it's members, but sticky note warnings in a couple forums may help. It's possible that the person isn't a member, but look at how many members we have, it's at least likely he's a member.

If nothing else, maybe he'll see this thread or the one in the vendor forum.....

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1922655 - 09/16/03 08:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You have a good heart.

Thanks for doing this mycofile.  :thumbup:

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1924704 - 09/17/03 11:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: World Spirit]
    #1924758 - 09/17/03 12:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I would be more worried for whoever sent the spores, as the DEA likes to go for the head when it can.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#1924773 - 09/17/03 12:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

True enough, but any vendor worth his ass has likely seen the bulletin, and knows whether he sent the spores or not, based on location and description of the packaging. He has also likely consulted his attorney regarding business practices in general as well as anything out of the ordinary pertaining to that sale.

Vendors are expected to have all their ducks in a row. A typical customer might not....

--------------------

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: motaman]
    #1943039 - 09/23/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

moto
great link, scary but good !

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: Papaver]
    #1943147 - 09/23/03 02:10 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

This is where the DEA Q-Tip Tek of Death came from... 

-hehehehe, that q-tip was not just a handy item in the lab to be used as a size comparison, the photographer (the evil doer) put it there as a threatening revelation for the world to see (shroom-growers vs/ the DEA), the cake on the plate, the shrooms growing from the plate, and, "oh it's just a q-tip...for size comparison" -well, size comparison my ass! It was the mushrooms that the agents were looking at, and it was the mushrooms who were talking to them.. It was the mushrooms that must have made them chuckle and laugh and show their other DEA buddies the shrooms they grew. But it was also the mushrooms who told the bastards to put the q-tip inside of the cake, the mushrooms told them to put it there because they knew that the shroomers were going to find this picture, it was a message from the mushrooms directed towards us shroomers, the mushrooms used the DEA and made them laugh around their coffees and doughnuts before photographing the shrooms they grew, it was the mushrooms who sent us this message. The q-tip. Oh gawd, don't make me go find that picture again hehehehe

The shrooms made them do it, because the mushrooms knew that we would see this.

Take me to the hospital, i'm off my rocker.

:smile: Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234 

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Warning of DEA investigation needed [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1943189 - 09/23/03 02:32 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

:noway:noway, i'm just not going to go and look for it right now.

But i want that q-tip bitch as my new avatar.

It is the freakiest shroom picture ive ever seen.

The shrooms made them put the q-tip in there (not the coppers).
-The shrooms gave them no other choice but to insert q-tip.
--A revelation of the shroom, papaver.

The fungus revels in the q-tip pic, they love to now know that we see this "tip".
-The Shrooms just got fed up with the pigs.
-The mushrooms first actual describable revelation came in the form of a q-tip inserted into a cake by, no quite the "enemy (DEA)", but a human entity..
-It's not like the DEA knew the trick that the mushroom pulled on them.. the DEA put themselves back many steps with insertion of the tip.

They made them put that thing in the cake, to show us.
-It was the coppers mistake that they released a photo with a q-tip.
-And it was the mushrooms who knew that the photo would be released to us; it's not like the DEA think the mushrooms are "special" or "godly", they just sat there eating doughnuts looking at some weird "illegal mushrooms" or "addictive drug mushrooms".

Either give me some Shrooms, or take me to the hospital.
Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234   

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Papaver Somniferum, Vermiculite

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback