Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Israel states that killing Arafat is "an option". [Re: GazzBut]
    #1928425 - 09/18/03 08:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Do you think EVERY Jew believes the Palestinians have a right to their own state? If you do you are also missing the point. I think thats the point of the whole thing. Not that im trying to score points by pointing this out to you. Im just trying to make a point. :smirk:   

No not every Jew believes that. There are extremists on both sides. The difference is that nearly the entire Arab would thinks Israel should not exist. Jordan is probably the exception, although I think there position is mainly just lip service. If you believe the majority of Arabs think Israel has a right to exist, you are completely wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Israel states that killing Arafat is "an option". [Re: Xlea321]
    #1928433 - 09/18/03 08:40 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
Do you think every palestinian dances in the streets when someone dies or not? If you do, you arn't getting it.

No, but a lot of them do. It is not just about dancing in the streets. It is the rejectionist attitude of the people in general.

Quote:

Not really. The 1993 sell-out was seen by many palestinians as a complete betrayal.
Quote:

Two points. I was talking about Husseini the Nazi war criminal, Arafat's uncle. He is a hero to the Palestinians. Secondly if the '93 'sellout' was seen as a betrayal it is because of their rejectionist attitudes.

Quote:

In this thread it has gone from whether Arafat should be removed to whether Israel should exist at all.

No it hasn't. Of course Israel should exist. Even the Palestinians agree to that.

If you believe that you are fooling yourself. The vast majority of Arabs don't think that at all, and yes the argument shifted to the legality of Israel in this thread.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Israel states that killing Arafat is "an option". [Re: ]
    #1929219 - 09/18/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

;-)

I try. :heart: 

--------------------

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Israel states that killing Arafat is "an option". [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1932681 - 09/19/03 01:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Bottom line here people, sticking with the topic. Arafat has personally orchestrated terrorist attacks against Israel that have killed civilians, he now is the leader of a "state" that foment and supports these terror attacks. His life is forfeit.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Israel states that killing Arafat is "an option". [Re: lysergic]
    #1932716 - 09/19/03 01:57 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Bottom line here is also that, if you wanna pass judgement on his life being forfeit.. you better scoot your ass on over to Israel and oust Sharon too. His OWN country found him a war criminal guilty of as much death and destruction as Arafat.

Arafat was elected by the people. When they raise up their arms and go kill him then Ill 100% support their right to make that decision.

Israel needs to learn how to play nice as well.

--------------------

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Israel states that killing Arafat is "an option". [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1934035 - 09/19/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Psilo - I think that the most precise way to demonstrate how Isral is an ethical nation and that terrafat's nation is NOT is the nuclear issue. Israel has enough nuclear weapons to turn all of her enemies into radioactive glass, but she never engages in saber-rattling like that. The Arabs are so desperate to kill innocent people, they strap bombs to themselves. Do you think that the arabs would show as much restraint as Isreal does if THEY had the 300 nukes?

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1934158 - 09/20/03 12:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"restraint of Israel"?

Invading and occupying territory illegally, terrorising civilian populations, conducting mass civilian slaughters and defying dozens upon dozens of UN resolutions is "restraint"?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #1934179 - 09/20/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They took territory from people who were invading them, thats how it works. So solly it doesn't work the way you want it to, but when a nation (say Syria) is firing rockets at me froo th Golem Heights, i'm going to take the golem heights. You haven't answered my question's intent tho; Which entity do you believe is acting out the largest number of attacks with their resources? do you think that if Terrafat had nukes, like Isreal does, he would be quiet and reserved about them?

Existential things have meaning only in relation to other things. If you can look at Israel and say that they acted wrong, you must think that the arabs have done 500x worse things.

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1934180 - 09/20/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Oh Alex. Why are they occupying the territories?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1934230 - 09/20/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They took territory from people who were invading them

The west bank invaded Israel? And that might be the way it works in the playground but it sure as hell ain't the way it works according to the UN and international law. As the dozens upon dozens of UN resolutions condemning Israel show. That's like Saddam saying "Kuwait threatened my economy so I invaded them. Tough". Would you have been happy with that?

Which entity do you believe is acting out the largest number of attacks with their resources?

That's not even in question. Israel has killed thousands more palestinians than palestinians have killed Israeli's.

do you think that if Terrafat had nukes, like Isreal does, he would be quiet and reserved about them?

Do I think arafat would nuke israel? Nope.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1934254 - 09/20/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
The west bank invaded Israel? And that might be the way it works in the playground but it sure as hell ain't the way it works according to the UN and international law. As the dozens upon dozens of UN resolutions condemning Israel show.

Actually that is the way it works. If you are surrounded by enemies, and they attack you, you drive them out of the area. If they continue to try to attack you, you shield yourself from them with distance. Israel has removed her military presence from these areas in the past. Whenever they are attacked, they reoccupy them.

Quote:

That's not even in question. Israel has killed thousands more palestinians than palestinians have killed Israeli's.

That is completely in question. We have all seen how the Palestinian deaths have been shown to include all the suicide bombers, all the terrorists Israel has killed, and all the Palestinians that have been killed by their own for being traitors. It can even be argued that Israel has lost more innocent civilians than the other side has.

Quote:

I tend to agree with you here. He would be dead within the hour if he did. They would launch more deadly attacks against civilians if they had the capibility that is for sure. This brings up another thing that is so often shown as a bad thing Israel does. The bulldozing. They destroy buildings that are used to smuggle weapons, and buildings that are used for cover during attacks. It is the same reason they are building the security wall Alex, to shield themselves from those that want to kill their civilians.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Israel states that killing Arafat is "an option". [Re: shakta]
    #1934261 - 09/20/03 12:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Actually that is the way it works

Not according to the UN and international law.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1934266 - 09/20/03 12:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Big deal. None of their enemies play by the rules, yet you expect them to at their own peril. Yet another example of how Israel is held to a higher standard than everyone else. We have discussed this at length and you continue to ignore every valid point I make.

Edited by shakta (09/20/03 12:48 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1934276 - 09/20/03 12:50 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Did you think it was a "big deal" when Saddam was accused of "not complying" with UN resolutions?

YOU think your points are valid shak. Don't confuse that with thinking they are valid in reality.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1934300 - 09/20/03 01:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Argue against them then Alex. Yes I thought it was a big deal. The UN has a totally lopsided view of the situation, as do you.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1934314 - 09/20/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

How can you argue something that's plain wrong? You say "That's the way it works" and it isn't the way it works according to the UN and international law. What is there to argue?

Out of curiosity do you think the UN was lopsided when it passed resolutions about Iraq?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1935054 - 09/20/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

No because there wasn't a second entity involved. I understand what you are saying, but you need to understand that the Israelis have been threatened by all of their neighbors since they became a nation. They have done some bad things in the past for sure, no nation is perfect.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #1935463 - 09/20/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The west bank invaded Israel? And that might be the way it works in the playground but it sure as hell ain't the way it works according to the UN and international law. As the dozens upon dozens of UN resolutions condemning Israel show. That's like Saddam saying "Kuwait threatened my economy so I invaded them. Tough". Would you have been happy with that?

Lets use the Golem Heights again. The Syrians use this elevated plateau over Israel to launch missle and rocket attacks against the Jews. Numerous times all of the arab nations have attacked Israel, only to be driven back. Wouldn't you think it would be logical for Israel, knowing that their neighbors hate them and wish them to cease to exist, to occupy terrority that has strategic value? And in the past, hasn't Israel offered to give up the vast majority of the terrority that they conquered? If that was so important to the sand beasts, they should blame terrafat for not accepting it.

Quote:

I beleive that another poster dealt with this absurd accusation.

Quote:

I see, terrafat's years of showing restraing against the innocents of Israel must have convinced you of this. Maybe the fact that thesand beasts are so blood thirsty that they strap bombs to women and blow them up in crowded marketplaces might change your viewpoint? If teh sand beasts had nukes, they would use them.

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1935868 - 09/20/03 04:00 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The only reason I don't think that Arafat would condone using nukes is the fact that his sham of wanting peace would be destroyed forever. I have no doubt groups like Hamas would use WMDs against the Israelis though. They would only make that mistake once though.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1937069 - 09/21/03 02:00 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If teh sand beasts had nukes

I can see you're pretty open-minded on this issue.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order