Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
church on tv
    #1915008 - 09/14/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

so I came home from my weekend in the woods, and my friend is watching this church tv thing. he told me that it made sense to him. I decided to sit down and listen, after all its the ideas that count. The guy was talking about people you hang out with and how poeple tend to mold their own personality with that of their friends.

"if your friends do one thing, and you hang around them long enough, you WILL do the same."

He then went on to talk about bad people and associated people who go to parties and do drgus are the "enemy" and the audience was just soaking it in as was my friend. It then occured to me right then and there that this kind of seperation will be very hard to filter out. how can he refer to those people (at first he said they started out with good intentions) be evil and the enemy?

Church on TV is crazy! to me it destroys what church is about (celebration of god and discussion of god). i dunno...my head hurts, too much judgement for one day!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: church on tv [Re: kaiowas]
    #1915140 - 09/14/03 11:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1915148 - 09/14/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"if your friends do one thing, and you hang around them long enough, you WILL do the same."

that's why I no longer go to church

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #1915225 - 09/14/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: church on tv [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #1915258 - 09/14/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thats why I never went to church

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: church on tv [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #1915295 - 09/14/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: church on tv [Re: World Spirit]
    #1915434 - 09/14/03 12:54 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That seemed more like satire than judgement.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: church on tv [Re: silversoul7]
    #1915603 - 09/14/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
That seemed more like satire than judgement. 

Ahh, sweet satire... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: church on tv [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1915678 - 09/14/03 02:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Church on TV is just another brain washing technique, hey but its better than homosexuality on tv! lol..................let the flaming begin!

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: church on tv [Re: Spokesman]
    #1915693 - 09/14/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Church on TV is just another brain washing technique, hey but its better than homosexuality on tv! lol..................let the flaming begin!

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1915814 - 09/14/03 03:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think it's a bad thing, considering how much other crap is flowing on the air waves. My grandmother on my father's side is currently in the hospital (has been for past year) and all her life she attended services every Sunday until she was hospitalized. Now she enjoys services on the television every Sunday with fellow patients, and family members/friends.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1915855 - 09/14/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

They actually call it "Religious Programming"...

What do you expect?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: church on tv [Re: Adamist]
    #1915889 - 09/14/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

we have a local church thing and the guy is a preacher and he's always yellin and wipin his face with a rag... I watch it occasianally and I think he has some good points and also his energy is pretty amazing... alot of what he says is positive so it doesnt strike me as your normal christian-condemning type speaking...

but I agree that theres alot of crap on tv... and so when I watch stuff like that I try to only take the good points... most of those shows though end up with the same old scare-you-into-our-religion tactics though... i dont think thats a very valid way to inspire people into seeking knowledge or answers...

I do try to keep an open mind in situations like that though...when I was younger I used to discriminate alot on christian people because so often they are condemning me, etc... but they dont know me... now that I have matured somewhat and grown older I realize I need to have patience and respect for them and hope that they will find some for me.

cant fight hatred with more hatred thats like puttin out a fire with gasoline

we need some peace and understanding

--------------------
I&I

OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: church on tv [Re: Rastafari]
    #1915964 - 09/14/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you want church, go to church...

If you want Fox, turn on the damn TV

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: church on tv [Re: GanjaManDan]
    #1916003 - 09/14/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think the tv is poison for the mind...

I do watch it occasianally though ( :frown:  )

I find that KPBS (the free channel) and animal planet (sometimes) and some wilderness shows can be very peaceful and nice to watch though

but most other channels = crap.

--------------------
I&I

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: church on tv [Re: Rastafari]
    #1916785 - 09/14/03 09:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Rastafari,
"I do try to keep an open mind in situations like that though...when I was younger I used to discriminate alot on christian people because so often they are condemning me, etc... but they dont know me... now that I have matured somewhat and grown older I realize I need to have patience and respect for them and hope that they will find some for me."

That's awesome. I think so few people can rationally look at the broadness of most negative Christian judgementalism and realize that they are a unique individual that doesnt have to accept that judgement.

In anycase, Christian TV programming is definately sketchy and unfortunately the ones with decent messages are usually old, speak slow and are boring, this relegating themselves to the latenight spots between when the insomniacs finally fall asleep and the soccer moms wake in the morning. But Enter is right, just like MTV, Bravo, TLC, etc.. television is mostly entertainment. If you have decided otherwise, you may want to really get outside more. Since calling people sinners and talking about the enemy isnt really all that fun to watch they gotta have their gimmicks too.

If you'd like to hear a pretty decently inspired pastor-- check out Harvestofraleigh.com

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: church on tv [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1917540 - 09/15/03 06:55 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've been to churches, mainly the assembly of God, and those are mostly cool. I haven't ever been apart of an organized religion, but I found that at some churches some good things were being mentioned. Mostly it's because their message conveyed compassion instead of being fear driven. I thought that was one of the most important things to do when conveying a message.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1918747 - 09/15/03 04:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I went to sunday school once when I was younger...they had us pick out pencils and we could pick any color and she held them out so I took a red one, not thinking about anything of course...and all the kids were like ::GASP:: and the teacher (which was a young christian girl) was like Red hmm? like a FIRETRUCK? i'm like uhh yea.

I dont like when people subject their morality on me and it makes me feel kind of weird...like a pastor who I had a conversation with...which consisted of him trying to explain to me in detail the whole time about how my views are narrow and how I am following false profits.... if only he could know about the experiences i've had! Their intentions are so great, and the same as mine...but power trips and getting weird definitely isnt going to teach anyone anything so I prefer to surround myself with people who accept my differences (as long as they arent negative) rather than shun them.

were all gods children! that includes the buddhists who thousands of years before Sri Jesus came to be, were utilizing compassion for people who suffer.

A saint once said that even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day... and that even the worst of people have love in them

--------------------
I&I

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1920189 - 09/15/03 11:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you know, if I want to learn about God on TV, I'll watch the Discovery channel.
and if I want to learn about the CHURCH, I could just tune in to the news and see priests getting led away in handcuffs...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale