Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: On a mountain
Growing shrooms
    #1916413 - 09/14/03 09:27 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I tried one of the PF Teks, I'm on day 5 and don't see any indication that this is going to work. By the middle of next week I should have a couple spore syringes coming in. I got B plus and Golden Teacher. The one I'm trying now is from a previous attempt with a grow bag, I'm thinking that maybe the old solution was no good. I even ordered a grow bag again, but don't have the urge to use it. I want to do this on my own, to me yes, I want the shrooms, but more than anything, I think I want to experience the science of it all. It interests me a lot to read all the stuff about it and see the pictures. I feel a little more confident this time with 2 brand new spore solutions. I just have questions about humidity and air. I followed the PF Tek exactly step by step, and it says just to keep at room temperature, and that's it, it said nothing about humidity. I thought that humidity was a big part of growing shrooms. Also what about air, it has u put a lid over it, or foil. Don't they need air? What about any other advice from all of you, I'll probably end up giving the PF Tek another shot unless you can share with me some tips or other methods to make this attempt a success.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
Re: Growing shrooms [Re: DHJH]
    #1916537 - 09/14/03 10:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

During incubation air exchange isn't needed. However mycelium requires air to grow, this is why there should be holes in the lids of the jars. If they are half pints, most of the time they wont even need holes but if there aren't any and the mycelium is ever found to stop growing, it is probably due to lack of air. Humidity can be, in most cases, disregarded. If the incubating jars are in an extremely dry area, they may dry out from the little air exchange they do receive. Incubating jars are best kept at 86F can be kept any where from 60 - 95 without any real problems.

Keep up your search, there is much good information to be learned.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation