Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleDarkElf
Don't let commies win!
Male

Loc: Almost Canada.
Re: Cell phone radiation [Re: Bassfreak]
    #18107013 - 04/14/13 08:16 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:
who gives a fuck?

are u gonna throw away your cell phone? if not, then why bother with this thread?

I think some people are just concerned and want to know if they are putting themselves in danger. But yeah, no one is gonna throw away their cell phones.

On another note, I haven't had a cell phone in over a month now. (Not from weird fears or anything, just wanted to save 100$ a month. Gotta say... I love not being bothered every 5 minutes.)

--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Cell phone radiation [Re: DarkElf]
    #18107056 - 04/14/13 08:36 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

It's a good thing to have if you're a parent though. Mine is under $25 a month with tax. It's pretty basic service but I can call anywhere in the province for free. My wife's is $75 a month and is barely a year into a 3 year contract.

InvisibleDarkElf
Don't let commies win!
Male

Loc: Almost Canada.
Re: Cell phone radiation [Re: psi]
    #18107064 - 04/14/13 08:41 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
It's a good thing to have if you're a parent though. Mine is under $25 a month with tax. It's pretty basic service but I can call anywhere in the province for free. My wife's is $75 a month and is barely a year into a 3 year contract.

:shrug: If my daughter is at my Sisters and I'm out, I can be reached anywhere I am through landlines.
Was at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, I got paged while grocery shopping, my sister called Wal-Mart, and had them reach me. Used their phone.

People lived without um for a long ass time, and they all did just fine. I'm doing great without one.

Also, on topic, if people are really worried about this radiation stuff, you can buy this screens that go over the ear speaker of the phone that supposedly blocks more of it.

--------------------
To find yourself alone, is to find yourself with your greatest friend, and your worst enemy.

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Cell phone radiation [Re: Celestial Traveler] * 1
    #18107130 - 04/14/13 09:20 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
I have read that placing your cell phone in your pocket while on talk mode is a good way to lower sperm count.  However I don't know if putting the cell phone in your pocket while NOT on talk mode is as dangerous.  I also don't know if it's safe to put a turned-off cell phone in your pocket.  Some might assume it is safe, but I don't know, I thought that maybe some radiation would still linger around in the phone after you turned it off and this might still be a threat.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

To protect against this radiation, you are supposed to place your cell phone a certain distance away from your body.  My question is around what distance is more or less "safe" in terms of sperm count, and things like that?

Also, there are times when I would just like to listen to music on my phone.  Of course I have to put it in my pocket when I do this.  Is there anyway to eliminate the signal or whatever the source of radiation is while I am listening to music?

Obviously I have a lot of questions and I was just hoping to get some answers.

Thanks

P.S.  AND WHAT ABOUT LAPTOPS?

The radiation is non ionising radiation which means it doesn't have enough power to break the chemical bonds in your body. It is different to ionising radiation such as X-rays which do have the energy to break chemical bonds in your body. It will not linger either. It is like a light. It is either on or off. Radiation can be a bit of a scare word. Not all radiation is the same and not all radiation is bad. Visible light is radiation. Infrared light is radiation and we all emit infrared radiation. Our environment is full of radiation. People have houses full of unshielded electrical equipment. There are wireless routers, cordless phones, wifi devices, remotes, radios etc.

If you are not using the phone and it's turned on then there will essentially be no radiation emitted. There is no need for the phone to do this and doing so would just make it use power unnecessarily and your battery will go flat fast. The base station does the same thing if there are no calls. The phone will send out the odd signal to see if there's still a base station nearby. A phone that's turned off will emit no radiation. Also, when you're listening to music you don't have to worry about radiation since you're not making a call etc. However, if you're browsing the internet on your phone or streaming tunes through it then it will emit radiation because it is communicating with the base station.

If you want to protect your nuts then don't put a phone on your nuts. The heating can cause problems since sperm needs a certain temperature range to be healthy. The same goes for putting a laptop on your lap.

Don't bother buying any kind of radiation shield for your phone or anything either. If you block the phone's signal then it'll increase the power output to compensate for this which means it'll emit more radiation and make your battery flat faster. Don't worry about living near a base station either. You're exposed to more radiation from your mobile than you are from one of those since you are holding a phone next to your head. Furthermore, every time you double your distance from a certain point the radiation will be a quarter of what it was. It's called the inverse square law. This means that if you actually live far away from a base station then you could be exposed to more radiation since your phone will increase the power to make up for the distance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law

If you want some real information then check out the Interphone study. Find authoritative sites instead of just listening to what any uneducated technophobe on the internet says: http://interphone.iarc.fr/interphone_back.php

Offlinemigraineur
Geezer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#18107176 - 04/14/13 09:32 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DarkElf said:
I watched some documentary show a while ago on Microwaves in our technology (I.E. Cell phones)
And apparently there are some things in place near the speaker that blocks potentially harmful microwaves.

They also concluded that standing near a telephone pole gives off more microwaves than holding a cellphone anywhere near your body.

What do you mean "standing near a telephone pole gives off more microwaves"?

If it's a mobile base station then it would gives off microwaves because it has to communicate with the phone but you'd have to be standing directly in front of the antenna to get a high dose and no one does this. The antennas are normally located up high and face outwards so that they're effective. Furthermore, being directly next to one at the bottom would be safe because the antennas face outwards. It's the same as standing at the bottom of a lighthouse. The light wouldn't hit you because it faces outwards. Also, as I mentioned earlier every time the distance from the source is doubled then the strength of the radiation is a quarter of what it will be. You get more radiation from holding a phone next to your head.

OfflineShroomerited
Male User Gallery

Re: Cell phone radiation [Re: migraineur] * 1
    #18107376 - 04/14/13 10:42 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Hahaha, "radiation".

There hasn't been ANY study showing that ANY amount of RF is harmful at all. There's been NOTHING. Show me one credible study.

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#18107424 - 04/14/13 10:58 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:
who gives a fuck?

are u gonna throw away your cell phone? if not, then why bother with this thread?

yay bassfreaks back in action

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

OfflineScriabinAnime
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #19162976 - 11/19/13 11:59 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

the illuminati must be doing something right then. what could be better for humanity than for cell phones to lower human reproduction ability? am i rite?

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: Cell phone radiation [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #19162985 - 11/20/13 12:01 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineIrfan
Stranger

Re: Cell phone radiation [Re: s240779]
    #19163004 - 11/20/13 12:10 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Correlation does not necessarily equal causation.  Particularly important to keep in mind when reviewing studies with small sample sizes and crap statistics.

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: Cell phone radiation [Re: Shroomerited]
    #19163015 - 11/20/13 12:13 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

old thread is old, was bumped for illuminati reference :rofl:

but whatever.

Quote:

Shroomerited said:
Hahaha, "radiation".

There hasn't been ANY study showing that ANY amount of RF is harmful at all. There's been NOTHING. Show me one credible study.

this.

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

OfflinePsychoNot
Stranger

#19163055 - 11/20/13 12:27 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

iam screwed.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Cell phone radiation [Re: PsychoNot]
    #19163183 - 11/20/13 01:04 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

RF radiation is not remotely dangerous.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale