Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Milk Thistle Extract, Valerian Root

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIts Pat
Don't OD dipshit nub.
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN...
Any other Migraineurs in here?
    #1916271 - 09/14/03 08:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

A Migraineur is someone who suffers from Migraine headaches.

My migraines started about six years ago, when I first moved up to Bakersfield. They have increased in frequecy and severity as I have aged. Currently I'm 30 years old, a good month for me is three migraines. Though at times I do experiance prodrome (Prodrome is the feelings you know you are getting ill), without a full blown migraine emerging often. This characteristic of my migraines makes if difficult to take medicine, after all you don't want to waste that $10 pill if you don't get a full blown migraine.

I'm lucky in that I go to a Cal State University that has its own clinic. Nothing like walking into see a Doctor and get severed up and get-out of there is 45 minutes. Though I do hate going to see the doctor once every month to get more free samples of Axert and another bottle of Vicodan. I don't want to seem like a drug seeker, however since I did work on campus once and know everyone there, they seem to trust me. But this is my last quarter and I will loose access to my friends at Cal State; currently looking into getting insurance while looking for a real job. I don't want to end-up in a shitty system where non of the Doctors care, like many of the horror stories I read about on the Internet.

During a 30 day period between mid July and mid August I had over 15 migraines! Now that sucked, but it seems like they will come and go quickly. After that little bout I went several weeks without even getting prodrome, but then BAM they are back again!

My primary triggers are the rising and falling of Barometric pressure and Allergies.

I would like to see how many Migraineurs we have here. If you are, how do you cope, mentally and medicanally?

Currently I take Axert (Almotriptan Malate) for abortive measures when I can catch them in time; seems to be about 50% effective! The other half of the time I take Vicodan 5/500, two to start and one every four hours if pain persist. If I get too sick the doc gave me some Thorazine samples, though I hesitate to take it do to Social Stigma!

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Any other Migraineurs in here? [Re: Its Pat]
    #1916300 - 09/14/03 08:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

While I don't suffer from migraines.. I know many who do.. and some herbal remedies that are said to help significantly..

To ease pain, David Hoffmann suggests that at the first sign of attack equal parts of Black Willow, Meadowsweet, Passion Flower, Valerian and Wood Betony may be helpful.

For migraine associated with stress, use equal parts of Hawthorne
berries, Lime Flowers, Wood Betony, Skullcap and Crampbark.

Nervine tonics, such as Oats and Skullcap are appropriate long-term therapy, accompanied by Siberian Ginseng as an adaptogen.

Massage Lavender oil into the temples at first sign of an attack.

If the migraine is accompanied by nausea or vomiting, Chamomile, Meadowsweet or Peppermint may help.

If migraine is associated with hormonal problems, long-term treatment should include herbs to try to balance the hormonal system. Vitex, Black Cohosh, or Wild Yam may be useful.

European herbalists emphasize the importance of liver support in migraine treatment. Herbs like Burdock, Dandelion root or Milk Thistle would be ideal.

The following delicious Migraine Tea from Ana Nez Heatherly of Gatesville, Texas, appears in the July 1995 Mother Earth News. She prepares a cold infusion of:

6 parts Rosemary leaves 4 parts Peppermint leaves
4 parts Lemon Balm leaves 4 parts Sweet Violet
3 parts Feverfew 1/2 part sweet Violet Flowers

Also you may want to look into acupuncture - here is a good link
http://www.acufinder.com/learningcenter_article.asp?DID=31

Cayenne pepper is also useful

Good luck

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Any other Migraineurs in here? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1916317 - 09/14/03 08:50 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Anonymous #1

Re: Any other Migraineurs in here? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1924863 - 09/17/03 01:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm I used to get them often. I would get optical migrains. They would get trigured by a few things. Like tension and caffine. I used to crack my neck. One day in class I cracked my neck to the right. Within a few moments the signs of a migrain started (tunnel vission, ringing in my ears, sore brain). I realized that when I cracked my neck to the one side it put presure on a vein that goes from the base of your skull around your ear and to the corner of your eye. That vein when it got restrickted by the mussel put pressure on the nerves for my eye and ear. So now I never crack my neck to the right, only to the left. I have onley had a couple in the past 7 years. Every one is different so I am sure this dosnt apply to you. But It was nice that I found out the source and worked with it. Wish you the best of luck and I feel you pain.
"6 parts Rosemary leaves 4 parts Peppermint leaves
4 parts Lemon Balm leaves 4 parts Sweet Violet
3 parts Feverfew 1/2 part sweet Violet Flowers ", sounds tasty.

Anonymous #1

Re: Any other Migraineurs in here? [Re: Its Pat]
    #1924958 - 09/17/03 01:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

do you use shrooms pat? cause there has been some research done that suggests psilocybin can help with migraines

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_medical1.shtml

I don't get migraines myself tho so I'm not speaking from personal experience just an idea

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Milk Thistle Extract, Valerian Root

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being