Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220
Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying... Flag
Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #18635035 - 07/30/13 05:19 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

CHICAGO - This past week President Obama publicly urged the reexamination of state self-defense laws (see remarks below). However, nine years ago then-State Sen. Barack Obama actually co-sponsored a bill that strengthened Illinois' 1961 "stand your ground" law.

This was all I needed to see

http://countingdownto.com/countdown/220861

--------------------
The point to meditating is to feel the same when you are meditation as when you aren't. To be balanced inside and out. Difficult to do when being aware of breath and sensation. However, not impossible. Feeling ok about yourself at all times seems to be a great difficult skill to master. The concept so simple a snail could understand it. To practice it some of the greatest Albert Einstein type minds couldn't master it.

It's like the trick to human problems is to be even more human. Not less human but as human as possible, only understanding human nature.

Understanding subtleties is hard. What is subtle? Subtle is powerful. Atoms are subtle. Atoms make up everything we are. Understanding subtleties is one of the hardest parts of life.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: imachavel]
    #18635058 - 07/30/13 05:24 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

It 1271 days too many.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: above the smog layer Flag
Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: Not Quite Social]
    #18636181 - 07/30/13 08:54 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Not Quite Social said:
Lawsuits as frivolous as this one is why the US needs to adopt a loser pays system.

they fired their own employees after admitting the tapes were edited to make zimmerman look bad, how exactly is this frivolous?

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: Diploid]
    #18644124 - 08/01/13 02:04 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I found an interesting article critising Angela Corey. Most interesting is that she can't even be disciplined by the bar while she is in office. What a fucked up system.

--

Quote:

In June 2012, Alan Dershowitz, a well-known defense attorney who has been a professor at Harvard Law School for nearly half a century, criticized Corey for her affidavit in the Zimmerman case. Making use of a quirk of Florida law that gives prosecutors, for any case except first-degree murder, the option of filing an affidavit with the judge instead of going to a grand jury, Corey filed an affidavit that, according to Dershowitz, “willfully and deliberately omitted” crucial exculpatory evidence: namely, that Trayvon Martin was beating George Zimmerman bloody at the time of the fatal gunshot. So Corey avoided a grand jury, where her case likely would not have held water, and then withheld evidence in her affidavit to the judge. “It was a perjurious affidavit,” Dershowitz tells me, and that comes with serious consequences: “Submitting a false affidavit is grounds for disbarment.”

Shortly after Dershowitz’s criticisms, Harvard Law School’s dean’s office received a phone call. When the dean refused to pick up, Angela Corey spent a half hour demanding of an office-of-communications employee that Dershowitz be fired. According to Dershowitz, Corey threatened to sue Harvard, to try to get him disbarred, and also to sue him for slander and libel. Corey also told the communications employee that she had assigned a state investigator — an employee of the State of Florida, that is — to investigate Dershowitz. “That’s an abuse of office right there,” Dershowitz says.

The Zimmerman trial is a clear case of the former and a probable case of the latter. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder, also known as “depraved mind” murder. The case law for that charge, an attorney who has worked in criminal prosecution outside Florida tells me, is near-unanimous: It almost never applies to one-on-one encounters. Second-degree murder is the madman who fires indiscriminately into a crowd or unlocks the lions’ cage at the zoo. “Nothing in the facts of this case approaches that.” Which Angela Corey, a veteran prosecutor, should have known, and a grand jury would have told her. In fact, both the initial police investigation and the original state attorney in charge of the case had determined exactly that: There was no evidence of any crime, much less second-degree murder

But that did not stop Corey from zealously overcharging and — the facts suggest — withholding evidence to ensure that that charge stuck.

Still, by the end of the case it was clear that the jury was unlikely to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder; hence the prosecution’s addition of a manslaughter charge — as well as its attempt to add a charge for third-degree murder by way of child abuse — after the trial had closed. “In 50 years of practice I’ve never seen anything like it,” says Dershowitz. It’s a permissible maneuver, but as a matter of professional ethics it’s a low blow.

Corey’s post-trial performance has been less than admirable as well. Asked in a prime-time interview with HLN how she would describe George Zimmerman, Corey responded, “Murderer.” Attorneys who spoke with me called her refusal to acknowledge the validity of the jury’s verdict everything from “disgusting” to “disgraceful.”

But will Corey ever be disciplined for prosecutorial abuses? It’s unlikely. State attorneys cannot be brought before the bar while they remain in office. Complaints can be filed against Corey, but they will be deferred until she is no longer state attorney. The governor can remove her from office, but otherwise her position — and her license — are safe.

Much more at National Review

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #18818980 - 09/09/13 01:51 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

George Zimmerman questioned after alleged gun threat against wife
Shellie Zimmerman recently filed for divorce

LAKE MARY, Fla. -

George Zimmerman was being questioned Monday in Central Florida after his estranged wife called police saying he threatened her with a gun.

Lake Mary police say they were called around 2:30 p.m. to the Sprucewood Road home of Shellie Zimmerman's parents, David and Machelle Dean.

Lake Mary police spokesman Zach Hudson said police are "trying to determine what exactly happened."

According to Chief Steve Bracknell, Shellie Zimmerman called 911 claiming George Zimmerman had a gun and was making threats. The victims are not speaking to police and were waiting for their attorney to arrive, Bracknell said.

As of 3:20 p.m., no arrests have been made.

A spokesman for former Local 6 legal analyst Mark O'Mara, who represented George Zimmerman in his murder trial, said he had no comment at this time.

The incident comes days after Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce and discussed her relationship with George Zimmerman on a TV interview.

Since being acquitted in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman has been pulled over twice for speeding.

Lake Mary is located about 20 miles north of Orlando and 5 miles southwest of Sanford, where Zimmerman fatally shot Martin.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/george-zimmerman-taken-into-custody-after-incident-with-gun-police-say/-/1637132/21851424/-/tlxm3oz/-/index.html

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #18819131 - 09/09/13 02:37 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like a divorce farce to me.

--------------------

InvisibleBoldAsLove
Pokemon Master

Loc: Kanto Region
Re: trayvon martin shooting [Re: zappaisgod]
    #18819437 - 09/09/13 04:05 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Since being acquitted in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, George Zimmerman has been pulled over twice for speeding.

:lol: Since when is a guy getting pulled over for speeding news?

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

#18819704 - 09/09/13 05:05 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Sounds like a divorce farce to me.

Agreed. I would imagine the stress that they have been under of going to court on top of the medias portrayal of Zimmerman would make most people have some serious issues to work through. Plus killing someone even if it was self-defense.

It seems society is determine to destroy his life guilty or not. If I was him I'd get the hell out of here and go were everyone isn't watching your every move waiting for something they can spin so people can say I told you so.

There's been a lot of news focusing on his wife which feels a lot like the trial listening to someone who has shown to be unreliable and bias time and time again.

Edited by Mycjunky (09/09/13 05:08 PM)

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #19156528 - 11/18/13 07:58 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Just saw this:

Quote:

George Zimmerman is in a Florida prison cell awaiting his first appearance before a judge Tuesday in the same courthouse where he was acquitted this summer of murdering Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman, 30, was arrested today after a "domestic disturbance" with his girlfriend. He now faces a felony charge of aggravated assault and the lesser charges of battery domestic violence and criminal mischief.

Zimmerman's girlfriend, who the Seminole County Sheriff's Office identified as Samantha Scheibe, told a 911 dispatcher that the incident began when the former neighborhood watch captain grew upset during an argument and brandished a weapon at her.

The rest is at ABC News.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #19156709 - 11/18/13 08:40 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

It is all over the Pub already

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying... Flag
    #19160563 - 11/19/13 04:42 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Zimmerman is finally going to jail huh? Wow lot of blacks in jail are going to be waiting for him. :lol: pucker the anus its going to be like every protestor in existence waiting for him in there.

:skittles:

--------------------
The point to meditating is to feel the same when you are meditation as when you aren't. To be balanced inside and out. Difficult to do when being aware of breath and sensation. However, not impossible. Feeling ok about yourself at all times seems to be a great difficult skill to master. The concept so simple a snail could understand it. To practice it some of the greatest Albert Einstein type minds couldn't master it.

It's like the trick to human problems is to be even more human. Not less human but as human as possible, only understanding human nature.

Understanding subtleties is hard. What is subtle? Subtle is powerful. Atoms are subtle. Atoms make up everything we are. Understanding subtleties is one of the hardest parts of life.

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | 217 | 218 | 219 | 220

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Political Discussion