Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Britain, US shelve report on Iraq banned weapons
    #1915895 - 09/14/03 06:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Found two reports on this here and here:

Quote:

Iraq WMD report shelved due to lack of evidence

Sunday, 14 September , 2003, 13:53
London: After failing to get any evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, the US and Britain have decided to delay indefinitely the publication of a full report on the controversial issue, media reported today.

Efforts by the Iraq Survey Group, an Anglo-American team of 1,400 scientists, military and intelligence experts, to scour Iraq for the past four months to uncover evidence of chemical or biological weapons have so far ended in failure, The Sunday Times claimed in its report.

It had been expected that a progress report would be published tomorrow but MPs on the British Parliaments security and intelligence committee have been told that even this has been delayed and no new date set.

British defence intelligence sources have confirmed that the final report, which is to be submitted by David Kay, the survey groups leader, to George Tenet, head of the CIA, had been delayed and may not necessarily even be published, the paper said.

In July, Kay suggested on US television that he had seen enough evidence to convince himself that ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had had a programme to produce weapons of mass destruction.

He expected to find "strong" evidence of missile delivery systems and "probably" evidence of biological weapons.

But last week British officials said they believed Kay had been "kite-flying" and that no hard evidence had been uncovered.

The hunt for weapons is seen in London and Washington as a vital step in convincing an increasingly sceptical public that the war was justified.

Edit: Weren't we supposed to be surprised or something this September?

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Edited by Edame (09/14/03 06:17 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Britain, US shelve report on Iraq banned weapons [Re: Edame]
    #1916293 - 09/14/03 08:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

just like a little girl about 4 years old looking at an airplane and thinking about how it flys

many americans(and sadly people here in canada to,FOOLS!) are going to be going..............."I wonder why???????????????"

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1916808 - 09/15/03 12:06 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Slimey bastards.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1917072 - 09/15/03 01:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm..the Bushmunchers appear to have gone awful quiet edame. I think they were really pinning their hopes on Kay's "kite-flying"  :lol:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #1917084 - 09/15/03 01:47 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Its SOooo painfully obvious as to what exactly happened...

Chemical and biological weapons deteriorate in time... First with daddy bush we go in and make our mark on the country and gain a little support but for the most part we see what they are capable of and destroy their military structure beyond their major cities...

Then we impose sanctions so that they wont be able to rebuild them and we wait... We watch and we manipulate the underworld trade of bad things so that they cannot make any more chemical or biological weapons.. Once the expiration date has passed we put a new bush in office through falce elections and we go in and wipe them out...

Their you have it, the 15 year IRAQ war sumed up in 1 minute....

Our sanctions werent ment to better the world, they were ment to make it easy to roll through major cities durring the second wave of our attack a decade later.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Britain, US shelve report on Iraq banned weapons [Re: Xlea321]
    #1917086 - 09/15/03 01:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'll bite. It's because they haven't found anything. Simple as that. As I have said before I think this war was justified even w/o the WMD. I will agree with you though that using this as a reason for war without good evidence was wrong.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Britain, US shelve report on Iraq banned weapons [Re: z@z.com]
    #1918224 - 09/15/03 03:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I agree. The world's intelligence communities need to get their shit together.

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Britain, US shelve report on Iraq banned weapons [Re: shakta]
    #1918541 - 09/15/03 04:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

What surprize!!!

not

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Britain, US shelve report on Iraq banned weapons [Re: z@z.com]
    #1918736 - 09/15/03 06:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

As I have said before I think this war was justified

There are many so called "justiications" for this war but the reasons remain the same. To secure the Iraqi oil fields and to strengthen the US posistion in the middle east.

Anyone who thinks that these arent at least part of the reason for this war needs to go and have their bullshit detector inspected immediately.

Actually if you think oil and power only had a small part to play in this war you had better get yours seen to as well.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion