Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Liquid Mycelium Question
    #1915867 - 09/14/03 06:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm about to go to this and need advice from you experts

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/8005

Will 2cc be enough to get things going? And if so, how much water should I use per teaspoon of honey in my jar? Could I hypothetically use say 6ccs of spore solution with 3 teaspoons of honey which will result in three syringes of liquid M instead of 1? And also have we all agreed that pale yellow organic honey was the best way to go because karo seems to inhibit contams? I'm new too this liquid M stuff and don't want to fuckin waste my time.

thanks dudes!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejumpship
lawn boy

Re: Liquid Mycelium Question [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1916282 - 09/14/03 08:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

since you have asked twice and gotten no real feedback, here is my take on liquid myc.

forget the tek you have a link for and do this:

if you have an empty syringe laying around measure out 100cc of distilled water into a half-pint jar. now place a teaspoon of karo or honey into that water and stir. i personally like karo better because it is clear but honey works fine too.

place a lid on the jar with one hole in it. make the hole near the edge of the jar as it is easier to suck up the myc later. make the hole just slightly bigger than the needle.

cover the jar with alum foil and pc for 30min. be careful of overcooking as the sugar will carmelize.

once pc'ing is done let the jar cool completely and then in as sterile of an eviroment as possible. inject 1 to 2 cc of spore solution into jar. immedeatly tape the hole after injection, use electic tape or a good packing tape. there is no need for air exchange as there is plenty of air in the jar.

now put the jar in a warm place 85 degrees is good and leave it alone for about 5 days or longer until you have good growth. it should look like sperm floating in the water. if you get that far you are good to go.

when you have good growth and are ready to shoot your jars. shake the hell out of the myc jar and then using sterile syringes suck up the myc solution. you should be able to get about 10 full syringes out of the jar. not a bad deal 10 for the price of 1cc. just be careful to do all of this in as sterile area as possible. lysol is your friend.

use just as you would a spore syringe, i just use a tad bit more when using liquid myc. it's not like you are in short supply.

anyway hope that helps you

must of that came from a tek i read somewhere and if i have my facts wrong someone will correct me i am sure. but it has worked perfectly so far and have had no contams.

InvisibleMahatma Mersh
Dork

Re: Liquid Mycelium Question [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1917228 - 09/15/03 02:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds about right. AFOF has used liquid myc with decent results a couple of times now. The above tek is almost exactly the same as what he does. He had a problem with contamination though so he uses polyfill filters instead of just taping over the holes. He just sucks up the myc through the filter with this bad boyand uses it like he would a spore syringe. If you do use polyfill you have to be careful not to get it wet with the sugar water. I read somewhere that it may serve as a wick for contams.

Quote:

YellowSubmarine said:
Could I hypothetically use say 6ccs of spore solution with 3 teaspoons of honey which will result in three syringes of liquid M instead of 1?

If you want more myc liquid you don't really need to use more spores. That one of my FOAF's favorite things about this tek. All you really need to do is start out with more karo/honey water and shoot it with the same ammount of spores. One or two CCs of spores could inoculate a vat of karo/honey water if you could keep it clean.

--------------------
The believer is happy. The doubter is wise.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Liquid Mycelium Question [Re: jumpship]
    #1917235 - 09/15/03 02:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Great tek man, I wish ya luck! However, what PSI should we PC at for these 30 minutes? I hope 15psi!

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

InvisibleMahatma Mersh
Dork

Re: Liquid Mycelium Question [Re: lysergic]
    #1917250 - 09/15/03 02:52 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ym FOAF has done it in a PC at 15psi and also just done it in a pot of boiling water. Both have worked fine. If you use a PC you have to be carefull not to over do it or you'll carmelize the sugars. You can tell this has happened when the water comes out kind of yellow-brown.

--------------------
The believer is happy. The doubter is wise.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Liquid Mycelium Question [Re: Mahatma Mersh]
    #1918306 - 09/15/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I see, so if the liquid comes out any color but clear (which is what it was when it went in) carmelization happened. Looks like i'm in the "Clear", so to speak :smile: thanks!

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation