Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
To Understand the Divine
    #1915800 - 09/14/03 05:31 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

Science explains this reality, science speaks the language of this reality. I think science can explain the universe and the divine but what if the language of the beyond is not as it is in reality?

I belive the language is of experience. You can come to understand love but if you feel love then you are love, you expereince it, you understand it fully. Consciousness can experience. We all have this gift of consciousness, but how do we experience things not of this reality?

I have an audio file by Timothy Leary titled "How to Operate your Brain", it talks about redesigning your own reality, im confused as to how one goes about this and to what the outcome is. Can we see through the veil with this method and will it help us to experience the divine?

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who knows about what leary talks about and can shed some light on the methods.

Or do we need a big dose of LSD to do it :P

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: To Understand the Divine [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1915996 - 09/14/03 06:40 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

First of all here is the mp3 for everyone to download: "How To Operate Your Brain"(28 minutes and 26.5mb). Even though it was recorded in the 80's(?), and even though psychedelic drugs aren't mentioned once, it's one of my favorite Leary audio files. I recommend that everyone download that.

There's no way to tell whether Leary's methods of peaking behind the veil of illusion will work for you or anyone. That's a question you have to ask yourself. Many people find Leary extremely inspiring. I personally think that Leary is the greatest spiritual teacher of the past century because he was able to communicate with anyone on their level. He was extremely learned, but wasn't out of the loop.

Having said that, there's no tool better for removing your "filter of conditioning" than psychedelic drugs.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Johnny Price- Marijuana, The Devil Flower

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: To Understand the Divine [Re: Learyfan]
    #1916011 - 09/14/03 06:45 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

experience is definitely key.

the language of love is definitely the most intelligent

we cant hold words in our minds for too long of periods but the language of love + experience will teach us for lifetimes to come

--------------------
I&I

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: To Understand the Divine [Re: Learyfan]
    #1916235 - 09/14/03 08:18 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

I enjoyed that audio, Learyfan, thank you for posting it. Also thanks for bringing this up Sole Worthy, I'd like to look into this further aswell. Although Leary makes a some good (& some obvious) points in that clip, he doesn't seem to elaborate very much.  Anyawy, looks like this file is gonna go in with all them mckenna lectures  :thumbup:

Offlinepurenergy
see you spacecowboy....

Loc: one is all, one is none, ...
Re: To Understand the Divine [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1916333 - 09/14/03 08:57 PM (14 years, 13 days ago)

if you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand. :wink:

--------------------
one has lived from an endless past and will live into an endless future. at this very moment one partakes of Eternal Life-blissful, luminous, pure.

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: To Understand the Divine [Re: purenergy]
    #1918030 - 09/15/03 02:15 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

If your not talking metaphorically and you mean the actual sun and wind on your face then i agree, that experience is somewhat divine in nature, as are such things like music and emotion.

About Leary, he says "a pleasant state of confused chaos" which sounds like a trip to me. I was hoping he had a non psychedelic method in mind though.

Ive heared before about your mind being open while tripping, and thats why the CIA etc were doing experiments, but I was never sure how one would go about this.

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology