Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Little pin
    #1915086 - 09/14/03 12:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I checked on my jars this morning and in one that is like 95% colonized there is a tiny little pin! The mycelia that is around the little part that isnt colonized has a little bit of a yellowish color to it, is this bad? I was also wondering when i can birth this cake, i would assume since there is already a pin that as soon as its 100 percent colonized i can birth? Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineionathan
black universe

Loc: lost in the night
Re: Little pin [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1915122 - 09/14/03 12:49 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

the pin is not a problem ,it would be ok to birth it know or wait a couple of days for more pins.but you have to focus on the yellowish thing.maybe it is yellowish because of the micellium that has grown a little bit under the verm and looks like yellow(it has happened to me), but if this is a contam and maybe is, you have to birth it and try to cut the yellowish part with a sterilize something.
my opinion.
:wink: peace

and yes i agree respect the fungus

--------------------
When the truth is found to be lies
And all the joy within you dies....

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Little pin [Re: ionathan]
    #1915210 - 09/14/03 01:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok well how would i go about doing that, would removing the cake into my rubbermaid bin, then cutting it off with a butter knife that is washed thouroughly, maybe even boiled. Would that work ok? Also i notice next to the pin, there is a TINY little dot of something that might look kind of like green, i could cut that off too. I really need to improve my clean skills next grow round =(.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

#1915218 - 09/14/03 01:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quick update, right near that first pin, there is a second one =). The green i was talking about is at the base of the second pin, it is a VERY VERY small little spot so i think im ok what do you guys think. Its about the size of a grain of a sand lol. What I'm thinking (but I'm no expert) is that this tiny tiny little green wont be a threat as long as i remove it before it spreads right? Its like 1:40 right now, I have to work from 2:00 to 9:30, when i get back I will get right on this and do some very very clean surgery. I think it will be straight.

--------------------

OfflineSmaug
 User Gallery

#1915672 - 09/14/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not too experienced with handling contams, although I have freaked out over bruises showing up :smile:.  I would birth now.  If it has a pin already and the cake looks to be 100% colonized, go fer it!

--------------------

OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
Re: Little pin [Re: Smaug]
    #1915976 - 09/14/03 06:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

your fine man, as soon as it gets 100 percent birth that bitch!

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: Little pin [Re: MOE.shrooms]
    #1916442 - 09/14/03 09:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yea there is a little part that isnt colonized, but that is where there is a little bit of a yellowish tint (on the mycelia around the un-colonized part). So i was thinking of taking that part out and birthing. Now since the cake already has 2 pins should I dunk? I was planning to dunk all along but I'm not sure now, any imput anyone. peace.

--------------------

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

#1916753 - 09/14/03 11:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok i got some advice from someone. Tonight im gonna steralize a knife by boiling it or rubbing some purell hand sanatizer on it. Then I'm going to cut off the un colonized part of my cake, and birth it onto perlite in my rubbermaid bin. How wet do i need to make the perlite before birthing? Just spray it down or what? Thanks.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation