Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Over-population of the world [Re: lysergic]
    #1914675 - 09/14/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the gene pools that actually produce contributing members to society aren't producing as much as other gene pools. Sad state of things.

You mean the white people who contribute more polliton and over consumption? Surely thats a good thing if there are less of us?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Over-population of the world [Re: GazzBut]
    #1914704 - 09/14/03 04:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

wow.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #1914906 - 09/14/03 07:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you have to realise that the wrong people are having too many children. Not only do we have MASSIVE overpopulation, the gene pools that actually produce contributing members to society aren't producing as much as other gene pools. Sad state of things.

Yikes...you are going to get flamed for that statement(not by me
but by other people).

I can understand your point that the "white world" tends to be more
stable than places heavily populated by other races(such as the Middle
East or Africa). It frustrates me when people in these parts of
the world can't get their shit together. But, they are still
human beings. I dunno...just my two cents.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Over-population of the world [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #1915352 - 09/14/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well the "white world"(which actually has other......but we are talking western nations......)

anyway , you have the veiw my old senile drunk father has, that by making money and buying THINGS, you contribute to society , oh but wait a second..............you pay taxes
WOW

well you also ARE THE PROBLEM!!!, the world cant take the weight of western nations, and a I said once the third world countries get to our levels of consumption

well
get ready for war
sad to say

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #1915438 - 09/14/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

at least you're batting a thousand on ignorant slop.

shouldn't you be posting at kkk.com?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Over-population of the world [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1915558 - 09/14/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

anyway , you have the veiw my old senile drunk father has, that by making money and buying THINGS, you contribute to society , oh but wait a second..............you pay taxes

You make it sound as if all I care about is making money. That isn't
true. I care about people having the freedom to do whatever the
hell they want to do. If someone wants to pursue material comfort,
that's fine. If someone wants to live a life of thrift, that's fine.
It is not your right to dictate how one will live their life.

the world cant take the weight of western nations, and a I said once the third world countries get to

I agree with the assertion that the world cannot support all of its
inhabitants if they lived "Western-style lives". There isn't enough
room and there aren't enough resources for this. That's why we
need serious population control to be implimented as soon as is
possible.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
    #1915580 - 09/14/03 01:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:

you have to realise that the wrong people are having too many children. Not only do we have MASSIVE overpopulation, the gene pools that actually produce contributing members to society aren't producing as much as other gene pools. Sad state of things.

Yikes...you are going to get flamed for that statement(not by me
but by other people).

I can understand your point that the "white world" tends to be more
stable than places heavily populated by other races(such as the Middle
East or Africa). It frustrates me when people in these parts of
the world can't get their shit together. But, they are still
human beings. I dunno...just my two cents.

Sure they are human beings. Human beings that produce more children,on average, than white people in America do, even tho they are starving already. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but it seem that WHITE people are the ones that developed the technology to determine that the world is being overpopulated, and that we seem to care about it. Unga bunga living in Africa starving near to death doesn't mind having kids, because he doesn't have anything to lose by it. Put the kids to work and you have free labor. White people are told by the media it's OK to put of having kids, go out, go to college, get a job,thats what the focus is. Don't worry about continuing our bloodline, don't worry about your progeny or the future, just now now now! While in America, non-whites know that the ramifications of having children are; More welfare money for the parents, more tax credits, change in immigrant status, their kids will be Americans and have American rights . IF America, and other white-made nations, suck so bad, why does everyone want to come here? I don't see a mass exodus for the paradis of Africa? Maybe I got a little off topic, but thats how I feel. Maybe in a few hundred years when these third world nations get a little more pissed off at White nations for having what it takes to make a civlization where people get medical care and aren't starving in the streets, they'll just kll whats left of the white people (which will be VERY few), and that'll be that. Sad state of things.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Over-population of the world [Re: GazzBut]
    #1915590 - 09/14/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Quote:

the gene pools that actually produce contributing members to society aren't producing as much as other gene pools. Sad state of things.

You mean the white people who contribute more polliton and over consumption? Surely thats a good thing if there are less of us?

No, I mean the white people that invented the concept of understanding pollution. While you can say that whites have contributed more pollution, you could also say that whites have done more to STOP pollution. I don't see Ugga Bugga over in AFrica carying about pollution, or hunting animals to extinction.

Over consumption? Hah!!!! Thats quite funny. White farmers produce so much food tha they are paid by the government NOT to. Hah, over consumption. Look at mud races and see how much they "consume", and how much they contribute to society.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1915607 - 09/14/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Free sterilizations, free abortions, free birth-control, free
euthanizations. All voluntary of course.

Where is the money coming from to pay for this? I refuse (as in I will rebel/leave/end up in prison) to pay for euthanasia and abortion. That simply crosses the line making me pay for something that I believe is wrong.

Also the world still has plenty of room. We are nowhere near overpopulation.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Over-population of the world [Re: z@z.com]
    #1915751 - 09/14/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"Over consumption? Hah!!!! Thats quite funny. White farmers produce so much food tha they are paid by the government NOT to. Hah, over consumption. Look at mud races and see how much they "consume", and how much they contribute to society."

and ALL the waste and stuff FAT assed americans buy goes to a mgic place were it doesnt create ANY harm AND (the best part is) the stuff used to make it floats back into the tree, earth etc etc!!!!!

"No, I mean the white people that invented the concept of understanding pollution. While you can say that whites have contributed more pollution, you could also say that whites have done more to STOP pollution. I don't see Ugga Bugga over in AFrica carying about pollution, or hunting animals to extinction."

do yu get your info about the world from TV only?????

are you serious???????, WE make more pollution then anybody!!!, then we have someone like you say that well they have more population and we are doing something to stop polllution

well lets get into detail, the US creates the worlds largest ammount of every kind of poison imaginable
and what are they doing to stop pollution???
NOTHING(at the federal level anyway)

OVERPOPULATION OF THE PEOPLE IN THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES WILL START TO MATTER A WHOLE LOT MORE ONCE THEY GET TO OUT LEVELS OF CONSUMPTION(not that that will happen across the whole world though, thats impossible!)

AS FOR RIGHT NOW , YES OVERPOPULATION MATTERS, BUT AT THIS TIME 20% OF THE WORLD is MAKING 80% of the POLLUTION!!!!!!!!
and using 80% of everything

"Hah, over consumption. Look at mud races and see how much they "consume", and how much they contribute to society."

your veiw of society being a process mearly for the creation of wealth is sicking ideed(and flawed)

AGAIN I ASK
what do you contrbute, money in taxes to a corrupt government, WOW
thank god for you!

what do they consume almost nothing , what do they produce?, well gee they dont make products for the global marketplace(what a waste!!!!!)

and the pollution caused by third world countries MEANS nothing when stacked up against even the state of california(I wonder who will win that circus election?????)

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #1915975 - 09/14/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Where is the money coming from to pay for this? (euthanasia and abortion).

Public funds. Initially it would cost money, but over time it
would save money because taxpayers would be paying less into
social programs for the habitually needy/moochers.

That simply crosses the line making me pay for something that I believe is wrong.

Yet another point that deserves its own thread. Should one be
required to pay taxes if his government is doing things he
disagrees with?

I personally don't see anything wrong with voluntary euthanization
Abortion is a little more iffy, and requires serious moral issues
to be considered.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1915990 - 09/14/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Public funds. Initially it would cost money, but over time it
would save money because taxpayers would be paying less into
social programs for the habitually needy/moochers.

We can end these social programs without creating more. It's simple. Just end them. I will stop derailing this thread now.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineclam_dude
stranger in astrange land

Loc: twilight zone
    #1916076 - 09/14/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Whenever people start to talk about overpopulation, they immediatly think of abortions, birth control, etc...
The real issues are much more complex than that. For example, the level of wealth of any given placec is one of the most important issues regarding population control. Here in the first world, it is much easier to access birth control, get an abortion, or whatnot than it is in poorer countries. Third world countries, however, have much higher birth rates than the first world.
The status of women is another main issue. In many third world countries, women are looked down apon so much that rapes are common and husbands often expect their wives to sleep with them whenever.

**** However, the original question posted on here is a question about carrying capacity. Plain and simple. It has been estimated (by various sources, the UN included) that the carrying capacity for huumans is somewhere in the field of 9 to 14 million people. But that's beside the point because carrying capacity depends on the level of consumption (be it food, water, oxygen etc...) Birth rates are low in the first world, but every baby born in the US consumes about 30 times more than a baby in the third world.
So the question about overpopulation is really a matter of overconsumption.

--------------------
"I would like to thank god for making me an atheist" - Ricky Gervais

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Over-population of the world [Re: clam_dude]
    #1916270 - 09/14/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"the carrying capacity for huumans is somewhere in the field of 9 to 14 million people. But that's beside the point because carrying capacity depends on the level of consumption (be it food, water, oxygen etc...) Birth rates are low in the first world, but every baby born in the US consumes about 30 times more than a baby in the third world.
So the question about overpopulation is really a matter of overconsumption. "

thank you , thats what I have been saying(although you said it better)

and have said to friends for years off line

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Over-population of the world [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1916319 - 09/14/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

psilo, you don't have control over what other people do. you can spread the word, but really, the best thing you can do (and this applies to similar things as well) is make your personal life an example of the changes you think are needed in the world.

i drive a car that gets 35 miles to the gallon, but i don't drive when the destination's within bicycle distance. i will buy a new car when this one stops running, and not before then. i don't eat meat. i keep my showers under 5 minutes and don't flush every time i piss. i don't use air conditioning. i recycle. i don't buy products with excessive packaging, nor do i use disposable plates, cups, utensils, or paper towels. most of my rather meager income (i am a student) pays for *essentials* like food, clothing, and gasoline. pretty much the only things i buy which i don't need are books.

i think that my consumption is at a level that is quite within reason. it's not an easy thing to convince others to cut back though.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Over-population of the world [Re: clam_dude]
    #1916371 - 09/14/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

clam_dude said:
Birth rates are low in the first world, but every baby born in the US consumes about 30 times more than a baby in the third world.
So the question about overpopulation is really a matter of overconsumption.

Now here is the question I would like to see answered: If I choose to consume less will it help a person in a third world country and how will it do so?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1916380 - 09/14/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

it helps us right here in the states. less garbage & pollution.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1916379 - 09/14/03 07:16 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

If you consume less, probably not.

If everyone consumed yes, then yeah, there would be more resources to go around.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Over-population of the world [Re: Phluck]
    #1916400 - 09/14/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not sure this is the case. Our problem (or rather the third world's problem) seems to have more to do with the location of resources than the ammount of them.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1916418 - 09/14/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

So basically the first world countries are hogging all the resources?

Well, wasn't that clam_dude's point in the first place?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom