Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKertiner
journeyman
right pupil was double size then left on tripping
    #781805 - 07/28/02 09:55 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yesterday i tripped on 4 grams shrooms.
While i was comming down, i saw in a mirror, and my right pupil
was twice as large, then my left one. I remember, that i read somethere,
that this is a sign, that something isnt ok with the brain, if something like
that happens.

Has anybody any informations on this issue?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomygoob
Stranger
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC
Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripping [Re: Kertiner]
    #781919 - 07/28/02 10:54 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

something similar happened to me while tripping on a 1/8th of shrooms. When I looked in the mirror, my pupils were getting bigger and smaller. When the left pupil was small, the right was big, then the right would shrink, and the left would dialate, this was happening pretty rapidly. If you've seen the episode of the simpsons where homer eats the insanity peppers, it was exactly like his pupils when he looked in the pond. Anyways the point is, it was probably just a hallucination, like mine, so I wouldn't worry about it.

InvisibleKertiner
journeyman
Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripp [Re: shroomygoob]
    #782040 - 07/28/02 11:35 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yup, i have seen that simpson episode, one of my favorites

I am not totally sure, but i think it was no hallucination, because i saw it during/after comedown (maybe 5 hours after i took the shrooms) ...and anything else was to normal sate again.

I checked my eyes twice in 15 minutes and the odd pupil wide stayed the same

OfflineDaTHChold
Stranger
Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripp [Re: Kertiner]
    #782128 - 07/28/02 12:20 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

yes, this happened to me both times i did mush, Im pretty sure its because when your coming down the visuals start to weaken has to do with how dialated your pupils are, nah'm sayin? my pupils didnt pop like homers but they were doing that shit...

Edited by DaTHChold (07/28/02 12:23 PM)

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #782206 - 07/28/02 01:01 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Normally two different sized pupils would indicate a chemical imbalance in the brain and you'd die shortly after. Obviously that isnt the case, your alive and well. It happened to me all the time when I used to eat ecstasy I doubt its a halutionation, It could be during your peak though.

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#782455 - 07/28/02 03:20 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

This happened to me due to overstressing my left eye once.....i had been up for several days on a little binge(holiday weekend:)), and i wear contacts(why i believe this happened)......i had left my contacts in for..hmm shit must have been a month(they are extended wear but not that extended heh)....anyway...when i peeled them puppies off my eyes.....i noticed that my right eye was pretty normal size and my left was simply HUGE...like i was tripping balls......anyway i went to sleep and when i awoke( 14 hours later ) they were back to normal......doubt this helps/or has anything to do with this phenomenon while tripping but maybe your eyes were just stressed from all the pretty colors

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripping [Re: DazedSol]
    #782522 - 07/28/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

when i smoke weed my left eye always gets more red.

Ive read somewhere that 2 different sized pupils is a quick check for brain damage or osmthing. Prolly just a hullicination? i dunno it would fuck up your vision i would think since one eye was getting a lot more light.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripping [Re: baraka]
    #782673 - 07/28/02 06:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I too am not sure what this is, but I can remember one time I was brewing myself up some shroom tea and my gf kept nagging for me to give her some, which I resisted since I knew she had depression and it was not a good idea and I warned her of the dangers etc but she ended up sneaking some and later on I looked at her and her pupils were different sizes and she just looked generally fucked...it was around this time she passed out and when she woke up she didnt know who/where she or anyone was, this was scary and it ruined my trip. But yeah basically she was a bit fucked for a while (i.e a few weeks) and it did not help her previous mental state either...I don't know if this has anything to do with the eyes but I do know that it just looks like something is wrong when they go like that...not good.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #782700 - 07/28/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I Think that is a myth, as i've consulted many text books of mine for medical school and have not been able to find a cause of "Argyll Robertson pupils" ( uneven pupils) to be cause by a bad brain problem caused for any reason. It seems that this only realy happens with problems of the eye itself or syphilis. the sexually transmitted disease Syphillis or the atrophe of the Iris.

That's about it, no other causes of the uneven pupil syndrome (Argyll Robertson pupils) is mental/brain originated..

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #782879 - 07/28/02 07:55 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here we go... I found this, I knew I read something about this kind of thing somewhere before.
http://www.ecstasy.org/qanda/q53.html
http://www.medhelp.org/HealthTopics/Pupils.html

... oh, and cats get it when they've got some disease appearently.
Seems to only be drug induced unless its a very seriously problem.

Edited by TeKHeAD009 (07/28/02 08:01 PM)

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripping [Re: neuro]
    #782944 - 07/28/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It could be a myth, but I too have heard that if your pupils are different sizes it can mean that something is very wrong with your brain. Doctors look in your eyes with a flashlight sometimes after you've hit your head hard like in a boxing match to make sure your pupils are even and responsive to light. I think uneven pupils are related to physical damage like concussions and oxygen starvation due to a blood vessel blockage or rupture and not chemical imbalances. If something like this happens there are usually some other obvious symptoms like seizures, loss of bowel/bladder control, vomiting, fainting, coma, nosebleed, and what is often described as "the worst headache I've ever had."

Drugs can constrict or dilate your pupils, but both should look the same since the chemical will be affecting them the same way. Also, they should still get bigger and smaller in response to light. Some drugs may cause your pupils to be different sizes, but I don't know for sure.

My mother had a blood vessel rupture in the back of her head, and was lucky enough to survive it with little damage. She told me that for a few months after sometimes she saw weird crystal-like patterns and pixelization in her vision.

I also looked in the mirror on shrooms and acid and thought my pupils were different sizes or constricting and dilating, but it's probably just a hallucination.

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripping [Re: funwithgus]
    #783052 - 07/28/02 10:04 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

last time i ate 4g dried cubensis with a friend.he ate 3,5g. when we both saw ourselves at a mirror we both could see our rights eyes BIGGER than the left!!!!

crazy shit:-PPPP

InvisibleKertiner
journeyman
    #788339 - 07/31/02 11:14 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for all the constructive replys

especially the URLs.

Now a few days after the trip nothing unusual has happend. anything normal.

But i am already curious, to check out my pupils on my next trip

On a sidenote:
one of the URLS has given "holmes adie" as a reason for uneven pupils, togehter with that, it is usually accompanied by poor or absent reflexes in both arms and legs. By coincidence i was at a doctor a month ago, and he checked my reflexes be routine, and they were fine. I now checked my leg reflex myself, after i tripped, and there was NO reflex (but maybe i just dont know, how to trigger it right .... i did it like the doctor and knocked on my knee with a small hammer..)

OfflineDaTHChold
Stranger
    #788900 - 07/31/02 04:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

you have to hit it in the exact right spot... if you can run i wouldnt be too worried

OfflineTrippyShit
Stranger
    #19142820 - 11/15/13 09:02 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Ok so here's my story.  About 8 months back I was into to some heavy shit.  I was doing meth and MDMA on a daily basis.  Smoking and snorting the stuff turned into shooting after a friend of mine asked me if I wanted "a shot".  I should have got out of my chair and ran for my life but instead I agreed and didn't look back.  Admittedly, after banging about 60 cc's of MDMA I was higher than I had ever been in my life (I know people say this all the time but it was fucking true...by far!) I actually felt like I was on an airplane,  I could hear a distinct buzzing/humming noise like I had just turned on the little air blower thing.  Anyway after about 3 shots of on average about 50cc's and 1 full syringe of meth (like 100ccs) I began smoking back to back spice (herbal incense..canabanoid agonist..like weed..potent as hell)  My friend and I were aiming to "get fully retarded"  In retrospect It might have not been such a good idea.  So we proceded to get stupid.  At one point I apparently asked if we could go to steve's house after we get out of class (we were already at steve's house and I have been out of school for 7 years)  So It was about 48 to 72 hours later (dunno cuz I can barely remember steve's name at this point :/) when we decided to go to a friends house to party. It was Halloween.  We were driving to buy beer when a friend asked me if I wanted some Trazadone.  I didn't know it at the time but these are an SSRI (F**K).  I took 4.  After about 5 beers and 5 hours later I feel amazing.  Talking to everyone and pretty much being the life of the party.  My friend Rance shows up with a big bag of Meth.  We smoke bowls for the next 12 hours.  My start to notice my friends talking about the way I look.  "like a zombie", "how could he go from one extreme to another"  I convince my friend to take me home. After getting home I take 3 5-HTP (serotonin boosting vitamins) thinking I am already coming down of everything F**K IM NOT!! The next day I go to the smoke shop and pick up a bag of herbal incense.  I get home and take a huuuuuge rip of it and hold it in for about 15 seconds.. I start to get uneasy and start pacing through my brother's room.  I look at my hand and my fingers start to get really long..like ET or some shit.  I realize that I am full on fucking hallucinating.  My brother notices and gets legitamatly concerned.  The look on his face starts to send me into a panic attack.  I go look in the mirror and my left pupil dialates completely right before my eyes and my right is normal.  I don't look freakishly different....I try to lie down but that doesn't help...I have a tremor in my leg and everything is morphing and moving.  My limbs become very hard to move and I go into a cold shivering sweat.  Im not going to tell you what happened next because its a bit embarrassing but it turns out that I had come down with a condition called Serotonin Syndrome.  All the drugs had caused an interaction that could have killed me.  I know I forver changed my serotogeneric system but shit at least im still alive.  Sorry this ending was so anti-climatic but I g2g..I know now that it was probably the intravenous MDMA use that potentiated the possibly of Serotonin Syndrome and it was the extremely potent herbal incense that sparked th onset.

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripp [Re: TrippyShit]
    #19142850 - 11/15/13 09:08 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

There are quite a few trips where I believed one pupil is larger than the other. However, being that I am tripping balls when this happens, I assume it to be just a hallucination. When sober, at least, no difference is noticeable.

InvisibleDork
( . )( . )
 User Gallery

Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripp [Re: Godfather1376]
    #19142945 - 11/15/13 09:25 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

it's anisocoria. you should get your brain checked when this happens.

OfflineZippyHippyinWA
Stranger and Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tucson
Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripp [Re: Dork]
    #19143578 - 11/16/13 12:13 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

On hallucinogens this condition is normal, however, certain drug interactions can cause serotonin storms which can be fatal(mdma is one). Here is a link, hope this helps inform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mydriasis

--------------------
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.”
― Terence McKenna

OfflineGodfather1376
Psychedelic Aventurer
Male

Re: right pupil was double size then left on tripp [Re: ZippyHippyinWA]
    #19143672 - 11/16/13 12:40 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Very imformative Zippy, thank you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag