Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Creative Visualization: Strange Manifestations
    #1913961 - 09/13/03 10:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

First off, let me say that the following anecdotes are in no way proof of the supernatural and shouldn't be construed as such. I'm just throwin some of my experiences into the body of evidence.

So a few days ago, I was sitting on my couch, stoned, thinking about buying some more drug paraphenalia. See, i've made the switch from schwag to hydro-exclusive smoking (what can I say, I'm a pot Nazi) for health concerns and quality of high. I dont really smoke much anymore, and I certainly dont have the time to sit around all day trying to get high off commercial schwag, which I find has been decreasing in quality as of late in my area.

I've been smoking out of my bong, but its not very economical. Neither is my glass spoon- valuable dro tends to get sucked through the bowl.

So I'm sitting there, thinking maybe I should get one of those bats, you know, the tiny metal rods that are painted to look like cigarettes. I was thinking about one of those and how it looked and operated and how it would be perfect for my purposes. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided I would definitely get one at some point. I wasnt going to act on the desire just then because it really wasnt the most important concern in my life and driving downtown is a hassle. But basically I just made a mental note that I wanted one, like "If you ever get the chance, pick one of those up." No concrete plans were laid to accquire the object, it was just a recognition of desire for it.

2 days later, I've totally forgotten about this insignificant little tidbit of thought. I'm at a friends house, and ask him if he wants to smoke some dro. He said yes of course, so I asked him if he had anything to put it in.

He then gave me a metal bat exactly like the one I had envisioned. After we smoked, he told me I could keep the bat, because he had just found it in his couch after a party and no one had claimed it. He didnt want it. I thought it was kind of funny that I had gotten exactly what I wanted without having to expend any effort by a random act of chance.

I would be quick to write this off as coincedence if stuff like this wasnt happening to me quite often. Note that I say it happens to me because I can in no way claim to control these events. And it doesnt count when I actually physically pursue something and get it. I'm only talking about instances in which I have had a thought about wanting something and nothing more was done to get it. I didnt try to buy it, ask someone for it, try to build it, mention to people I wanted it, or do anything other than breifly consider the fact that I wanted it.

Either I find this stuff randomly laying around or someone gives it to me completly unasked or unprompted in any way. Often times these people are total strangers, although it has happened with friends and family too.

The things I get range from trivial to significant: books, art, music, movies, many electronics, computr stuff, drugs, furniture, etc... I've even gotten specific amounts of money that I needed from completly random, unexpected and unasked sources. The vast majority of the time I get EXACTLY what I envisioned and not just something similar.

Friends stop by my house and give me stuff, or I "inheret" things from my family that they don't want anymore. Sometimes I get things in the mail I didn't order, but wanted. Sometimes I find things in parking lots, restaurants, and odd places. Sometimes strangers give me things for their own reasons, other times seemingly for no reason at all.

Here's another weird example:

I was looking back at my childhood and this one toy I had when I was 6 stuck out in my memory. It was a GoBot- The leader of the GoBots- and it was an F15 that turned into a robot. This was back in the 80's when toys were still cool. I was thinking about how it was so well engineered and clever and they dont really make toys like that anymore because they're all electronic nowadays. I found myself wishing I had hung on to it, because it was cool and it was probably some kind of collector's item.

That same day, I accquired $10 by doing absolutely nothing. Since it was basically free money, I figured I'd blow it on beer or something stupid or frivolous and stuck it in my pocket.

I went over to a friends house that night. He was working on his computer doin 3D studio stuff so we were hanging out in his room to be near the computer. We usually hung out in his living room, so I wasnt too familiar with his bedroom.

I immeadiately noticed the GoBot I had envisioned sitting on his shelf, so I picked it up and started playing with it. Up to this point I had not known my friend owned this toy. My friend noticed me playind with it. then he said:

"You wanna buy that? I'm really broke and I decided today that I would sell off some of my toys and comics."

I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said $10. I reached in my pocket for the ten I had found earlier and bought the GoBot.

And he sits on my desk to this day, as a reminder that wishes do come true sometimes.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Creative Visualization: Strange Manifestations [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1914018 - 09/13/03 11:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That's fuckin cool. :smile:

You ever get pussy easy. I bet not.

(no offence intended)  :blush:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (09/13/03 11:23 PM)

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: Creative Visualization: Strange Manifestations [Re: Murex]
    #1914044 - 09/13/03 11:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have no control over other people, nor would I want it.

so, sadly, I have to put out an effort to socialize and talk to women and buy them shit and be humiliated and dress and act like a tool for pussy just like everyone else :frown:

come to think of it, maybe control over women could be handy :evil:
I don't mind them having a choice, I just wish they would choose intelligently sometimes. :smile:

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1914108 - 09/13/03 11:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I know what you mean.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Creative Visualization: Strange Manifestations [Re: Murex]
    #1914662 - 09/14/03 05:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I could say I have had this, although, you have some better evidence than I can currently muster.

I remember thinking of people in my head, as a child, that would visit my perants maybe 1-2 a year and knowing they were coming over.

Strange co-incidence has has always interested me, explained away as chance event but even some of the worlds brains have studied it like crazy and are still mystified.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1914792 - 09/14/03 07:06 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
So I'm sitting there, thinking maybe I should get one of those bats, you know, the tiny metal rods that are painted to look like cigarettes.

One-hitters! Very easy to conceal and are not wasteful!

Quote:

After we smoked, he told me I could keep the bat, because he had just found it in his couch after a party and no one had claimed it.

My best friend had borrowed his dad's one hitter once, and was at a party with some more preppy friends from high school, and they were drinking and playing cards or some shit. Alas, they weren't familiar with my friend's drinking habits and his subsequent utter insanity from which... the one hitter ended up burning through their couch and the guy's girlfriend found it, who was not cool with it or anything, but yeah... sorry.

"I am provided for." Powerful words. I have also seen shit like what you have experienced happen to me, almost like clockwork.. It seems to happen a lot more frequently when you really convince yourself that "I am provided for" and that it always happens to you.. a horn of plenty and that shit.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: