Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethephilosofist
???...!!!
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Spiritual trippers vs. Non-spiritual trippers (believers vs. non-believers) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #19218155 - 12/02/13 04:44 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
I have strong evidence of anomalous physics occurring during around and within trips.  Other people have shared similar occurrences.  Synchronicity, for instance, is not a delusion, it's definitely real.  (Or if it's a delusion, somehow it manages to affect completely sober people in the company of people who are tripping.  My reading of the odds for that indicate that the effects are quite real, even if inexplicable.)  It's very common to deny these things.  I did that myself for many years, even as I was actively searching for more of the kinds of things I'd already experienced occasionally.  One wants very badly to be wrong about this, as it tears a huge rift in ordinary understanding.  Unfortunately - or fortunately, depending - the phenomena are all too real, and not capable of being dismissed.  It becomes knowledge that you just have to live with after a while. :shrug:

:peace:PS

I will take a read through the articles. I too have experienced synchronicity so intense...take my cynicism with a grain of salt: it is definitely a protective mechanism for me to dismiss anything strange in the mind as bullshit and/or coincidence.
Thank you for bearing with me :thumbup:

Edited by thephilosofist (12/02/13 09:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdustus
Multiple Personalities
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Spiritual trippers vs. Non-spiritual trippers (believers vs. non-believers) [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #19225766 - 12/04/13 08:49 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

It made me think that it's a pity there is no god to have that ultimate perspective. I still believed that belief sets generally came from anchient people who didn't have science to begin to explain the world around them. But, for the first time, I understood spirituality a little bit more.

This is a limited viewpoint, but dualistic thought always is - "no god to have that perspective" - the seer and the seen are not seperated, they don't actually exist as separate things.  Do you really think there is no more to reality than what our ordinary senses perceive? 

This guy :thumbup:

Offlinemaddad
Stranger
Re: Spiritual trippers vs. Non-spiritual trippers (believers vs. non-believers) [Re: Adustus]
    #19225784 - 12/04/13 08:55 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Some people believe in astrology. Others believe in technology. Some people believe in all those "ologies". But I believe in swordfish.

--------------------
I live in an aura of hope because I live in a twilight world of my own self-generated, cannabinated fantasy, and I forget that not everyone is so fortunate. - Terence McKenna

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Spiritual trippers vs. Non-spiritual trippers (believers vs. non-believers) [Re: maddad]
    #19226466 - 12/04/13 12:34 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

I'm more of a Pastafarian

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#19226515 - 12/04/13 12:43 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
I'm more of a Pastafarian

I want some of what this guys having

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #19226518 - 12/04/13 12:44 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Just 2 days ago I was going into my first trip thinking of seeing stuff breathe, better colors etc prepared to be "tripped" out.

Soon realized tripping wasn't about seeing cool visuals at all. For me it was 90% feeling. After being a complete 180 of what I thought it was going to be, there's no other reason for me to not be spiritual about tripping ever again.

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder