Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Cool Mist Automatic Reservoir Tank
    #6934098 - 05/18/07 12:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I have read many posts about people with ideas for adding some sort of reservoir system to your cool mist humidifier. I haven't really seen anything out there yet though, just a lot of talk of ideas but never anything that works. Maybe someone does, but I have come up with an idea.

I tried it out on my system and it works great! I don't have the cable to connect my cam to PC at the moment so I cannot post pictures at the moment, but will as soon as I can and create a more detailed pictorial tek.

Here is the setup:

Buy yourself a small water pump. You can buy one at Home Depot/Lowe's. Check outside in the garden area, around the pond section.

Then you need to buy a hose to connect the insert on pump where water is pumped out. they have a bunch of different hoses and tubing in Home Depot/Lowe's as well, usually around the PVC area.

Okay so now that you have you pump and hose. Now you need a tub, cooler, bucket, etc. Whatever the hell you want to use as a reservoir tank. I just used a 25 gallon tub. Fill it up with water, submerse the pump in the water with hose attached, and then bring the other end of the hose over to your cool mist. Cut out a small hole in your cool mist, somewhere on the top. Since cool mist need to be air tight the hose should fit in tight in a well cut hole. This is the Cool Mist I use.

Well. Now all you need to do is run a few test to determine how long it takes your cool mist to go empty, and how long it takes the pump to fill up your empty cool mist. Once you figure out all the configurations of your personal setup you can just put the pump on a timer to turn on as needed to refill your cool mist! For example, say the pump fill your tank cool mist in 3 1/2 minutes and it takes 37 hours for your cool mist to become empty, all you would have to do is program your digital timer to turn on for 3 1/2 minutes every 36 hours.....

I hope this idea will benefit you. Hopefully no one has come up with this yet and I am the creator of the new cool mist reservoir tek! LOL....

Good Luck!!!:thumbup::mushroom2::rolleyes::smirk:

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: Cool Mist Automatic Reservoir Tank [Re: Akira]
    #6934181 - 05/18/07 12:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I can't trust that setup without some kind of censer to tell the pump to shut off when the tank is full. I have a 8000 buck bill with a old land lord cause of some poorly thought out work I once did in the same category as this. :crazy:

Water damage is the worst.

Offlinetotal
Post Office Tyvek Advocator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #6934223 - 05/18/07 12:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

bad idea...lets say your cool mist burns up while u are away...ur pump will still come on...they best way is to get a "float valve" at your local hardware store...drill a hole in your humidifier and attach the float valve to your water pipes...much like installing an ice maker...i think agar came up with this, passed to us by his woman.. :shrug: props...anyways...here is the link to the "Automatic Refilling Coolmist"

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: Cool Mist Automatic Reservoir Tank [Re: total]
    #6934272 - 05/18/07 12:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I guess if you are away for days and your cool mist decides to burn out your are in a weep of trouble. I once had my TIT crack while I was asleep. While tossing during sleep my hand hit the fllor (low bed) and a soaking wet hand woke me up! There was water everywhere! LOL

The Automatic Reflling Coolmist seems like a cool idea, much better. I never came across it before. Well for now my $2 dollar resevoir system is working fine. I already had a pump (which only cost like  7 bucks anyways), all I had to do was buy the tubing. Plus im not planning any long trip anytime soon so I think Ill be fine. This will atleast spare someone the daily task of refilling. I guess you just need to check on the cool mist everyday to make sure it doesnt burn out as you mentioned, I wouldnt want to relive another flood incident.:smirk:

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

Offlinefromthemoon
ESP Major

#6934590 - 05/18/07 02:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

That's a big mess waiting to happen. Hope you live on the ground floor.

--------------------
Look at the atoms in the air and allow your mind to see the other planes that coexists in the same physical space where you sit. There are vibrational strings in each and every atom containing infinite realities, universes, and dimensions. Multidimensional beings and entities are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!! Only gravity and mental energy can pass through these different atomic branes and mushrooms can break the mental/spiritual membranes separating one reality from the other. TAKE A LOOK!

Offlinehbettag
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Cool Mist Automatic Reservoir Tank [Re: fromthemoon]
    #19131072 - 11/13/13 02:36 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

This is my suggestion buy two pumps take first pump place in cool mist unit reservoir connect hose use some silicone make sure its air/water tight and then run through a small hole out of cool mist and end of hose will go into 5 gallon (with lid ) bucket. Take second pump place in to 5 Gal bucket this time after connecting hose and running through a small hole you drill put other end of hose into small (2nd) hole in cool mist. Now fill both cool mist reservoir, and 5 gal bucket, plug both pumps up. one goes out one goes in 2 pump system I can get 24volt pumps from japan 9.99 all day long lol

OfflinecronicrMFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cool Mist Automatic Reservoir Tank [Re: hbettag]
    #19131080 - 11/13/13 02:38 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

this is my suggestion, stop bumping old threads:cool:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Edited by cronicr (11/13/13 02:38 PM)

Offlinehbettag
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Cool Mist Automatic Reservoir Tank [Re: cronicr]
    #19131267 - 11/13/13 03:17 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

How exactly does me posting on what I choose to post on, affect you. I guess this my polite way of saying screw off. Now when you become a moderator for site, friend, or someone with something helpful to contribute then by all means, but until why don't you concern yourself with matters little more important than which thread I decide to post on?

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #19131318 - 11/13/13 03:28 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

:rolleyes:  Just stop bumping old threads.....

Invisiblepoopy mcpooperson
Pogonophobia
 User Gallery

Re: Cool Mist Automatic Reservoir Tank [Re: PussyFart]
    #19131430 - 11/13/13 03:56 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

well, its probably because
A) the OP already did what he was going to do 6 and a half years ago

and B) a lot of posts past 2 years are outdated information that doesnt need to be mentioned to screw up new members like me trying to get updated information.

--------------------
love and laughter  :laugh:

Offlinehbettag
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Cool Mist Automatic Reservoir Tank [Re: poopy mcpooperson]
    #19131505 - 11/13/13 04:17 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

I've studied enough biochemistry, as well as geoengineering in my life to know that even once a particular school of thought gets to be "dated", as you put it the original finding were based off of someones time, effort, and research so to try to just shirk someones work because some younger person, has newer ideal, well thats just arrogant. Furthermore what kind of ahole goes around looking specificaly for posts that were dated that somebody else responded too, in an effort to insult them. I tell that person kiss my arse. And if that isnt agreeable, who cares I dont ba

OfflinecronicrMFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #19131533 - 11/13/13 04:23 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

give it a rest princess, nobody cares just don't bump old threads, it's comon courtesy around here as there are actual people who need help but the more you rant on here the farther there threads get burried, nobodys attacking you or looking for a reason to pick bones, i guess this is my polite way of saying quit being a dick

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #19131851 - 11/13/13 05:38 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Your experience doesn't matter in this case. This warning:

WARNING!
The last post in this topic is more than 30 days old! (exactly 2371 days)
Please only post a reply if it is truly relevant!!

...shows up on every old thread you've been posting on. You choose to ignore it every time. Your post is not truly relevant in the spirit of the warning.

We've asked you politely already to stop resurrecting the dead. It's frowned upon. Every time an old thread gets bumped in the forum, a noobs question gets pushed farther down the list.

Nobody is searching to find out who's bumping old threads. When it gets bumped, it goes to the top of the list on the main forum. We don't know it's an old thread with a new and irrelevant post until we open it.

Out of respect for the community as a whole, please stop bumping old threads. It matters.

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19131906 - 11/13/13 05:38 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Pretty sure the OP figured his issues out 6+ years ago.  Leave old threads die.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles