Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
2 become 1
    #1912791 - 09/13/03 03:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

We are consciousness experiencing reality. Place consciousness into any environment and it will absorb and then project it back on itself. It is like we are multi purpose. we are the playstation and reality is the game. Within (consciousness) and without (reality) are always interacting and exchanging, its like a great game.

What if 2 became 1. That is if the without and within became the same. Like 2 mirrors directly facing each other. There would be an experience, a pure experience. There would be no boundary separating the 2 they would be one. the same.

This great process is imitated in this reality for example, the day and the night. Sexual intercourse mimics this process too. Maybe everything around us does.

So what caused the balance to fail? there must have been some sort of imbalance for this reality to come about. So does that mean there is something greater and more mighty than this process?

I belive this is what the yin yang is all about the 2 opposites interacting with a little bit of each in the other. This may be were the imbalance lies, but why is there a little of each in the other?

ok, hope this makes sense, it came to me last night, and I've been running it over all day in my head. It was like a memory returning of this thing. It is beyond words to describe, does anyone else know anything about this?

peace

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: 2 become 1 [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1912823 - 09/13/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Great post!
:stoned:
I will add some thoughts when I think of them.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: 2 become 1 [Re: Adamist]
    #1913191 - 09/13/03 05:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Adamist, your signature seems to help, all on its own.. heh.

There has to be another mirror, I believe, because without the other side, creating the paradox, we are only left with One... and if everything is One, it can't rightly experience itself.. all is One.

We live in a paradox, and the paradox only exists because there is just a distortion in the true view of things.. everything is still only One. A Distortion came along to create a seperate view, so that this view could experience the Creation. The Distortion is only in our mind, eliminating it gets rid of the illusion of paradox and shows us the true nature of this Creation... Doing so also eliminates our seperate view..

I can't say what happens then..
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Re: 2 become 1 [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1913295 - 09/13/03 06:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

is the creation not what has occured becaause of this distortion?

--------------------

Edited by Sole_Worthy (09/13/03 06:39 PM)

Offlinecaterpillar
five stargeneral

Loc: Finland
    #1913617 - 09/13/03 09:08 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

this sounds awfully familiar yet i can not quite put my finger on it now. hehe.

--------------------
"Who are you?"

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1914799 - 09/14/03 07:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sole_Worthy said:
is the creation not what has occured becaause of this distortion?

I don't think that the Creation has occured because of this distortion, rather, the Experience of the Creation...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #1915144 - 09/14/03 01:01 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The Dynamic Unity of Polar Opposites

The notion that all opposites are polar -- that light and dark, winning and losing, good and evil, are merely different aspects of the same phenomenon -- is one of the basic principles of the Eastern way of life, as expressed by the Yin Yang emblem. Since all opposites are interdependent, their conflict can never result in the total victory of one side, but will always be a manifestation of the interplay between the two sides.

The notion of dynamic balance is essential to the way in which the unity of opposites is experinced in Eastern mysticism. It is never a static identity, but always a dynamic interplay between two extremes. This point is emphasized most extensively by the symbolism of the archetypal poles Yin and Yang. The unity lying behind Yin and Yang is the Tao, a process which brings about their interplay: "That which lets now the dark, now the light appear is Tao." (Lao Tzu, R. Wilhelm.)

The dynamic unity of polar opposites can be illustrated with the simple example of a circular motion and it's projection. Suppose you have a ball going round a circle. If this movement is projected on to a screen, it becomes an oscillation between two extreme points. The ball goes round the circle with constant speed, but in the projection it slows down as it reaches the edge, turns around, and then accelerates again only so slow down once more, and so on in endless cycles. The middle point, the point at which the projection is at the precise center of either extreme, is the point where the projection will have accelerated it's fastest, and therefore spend the smallest measureable increment of time relative to any other observed location. Truly, then, perfection is fleeting.

In any projection of this kind, the circular movement will appear as an oscillation between two oposite points, but in the movement itself the opposites are unified and transcended. This image of a dynamic unification of opposites was indeed very much in the mind of the Chinese thinkers who designed the Yin Yang emblem, as can be seen from this passage of Chuang-tzu:

Quote:

"That the 'that' and the 'this' cease to be opposites is the very essence of Tao. Only the essence, an axis as it were, is the centre of the circle responding to the endless changes."

Graphing this movement along a scrolling plain would create an oscilliating wave. Adding multiple overlays demonstrates the phenomenon shown below:

This is what a vibrating string would appear to be when viewed through a mechanical oscilliscope (not the electronic kind). As you may or may not be aware, "Om" is what Hindu thought believes to be "the sound of the universe." A sort of low humming sound, as would come from a vibrating string. Shall we discuss String Theory?

One of the principlal polarities in life is the one between the male and female sides of human nature. As with the polarity of good and bad, or of life and death, we tend to feel uncomfortable with the male/female polarity in ourselves, and therefore we bring one or the other side into prominence. Western society has traditionally favoured the male side rather than the female. Instead of recognizing that the personality of each man and of each woman is the result of an interplay between female and male elements, it has established an order where all men are supposed to be masculine and all women feminine, and it has given men the leading roles and most of society's priveledges. This attitude has resulted in an over-emphasis of all the Yang -- or male -- aspects of human nature: activity, rational thinking, competition, aggresiveness, and so on. The Yin -- or female -- modes of conciousness, which can be described by words like intuitive, religious, mystical, artistic, musical, occult or psychic, have constantly been suppressed in our male-oriented society.

The two dots on either end of the Yin Yang emblem are meant to express a reversal of extremes, an overwhelming of itself experienced by one pole as it reaches it's maximum saturation. Just as the diagram above depicts, the projection turns around and heads the other way. The moment this happens, one extreme then contains the "seed" of it's opposite, which blossoms and grows in the opposite direction, repeating again and again into eternity.

The emphasis on Yang -- masculine charactaristics -- is reaching an extreme in our society today, I believe. Those masculine traits of competitiveness, astheticisim and aggression are reaching heights far more threatening and potentially catestrophic than has ever been seen before. At the same time, however, feminine modes of conciousness are beginning to surface like bubbles in water. The insurgence of Eastern thought into the West, the global rise of entheobotanical and entheochemical use, these are examples of feminine values taking hold within our civilization. Based on these observations, I believe that we are about to experience a radical shift in paradigms, much to the relief of our youth, our planet, our species.

In the words of Terrence McKenna:

Quote:

Outpourings of style and aesthetically managed personal display are usually an athena to the nuts-and-bolts mentality of dominator cultures. In dominator cultures, without any living traditions of the use of plants that dissolve social conditionings, such displays are felt to be the perrogative of women. Men who focus on such concerns are often assumed to be homosexual. That is, they are not following the accepted cannon of male behaviour, the dominator model. The longer hair length for men, seen with the rise of marijuana use in the United States in the 1960's; a textbook case of an influx of apparently feminine values accompanying the use of a boundry dissolving plants. The hysterical reaction to such a minor adjustment in both ways revealed the insecurity and sense of danger felt by the male ego, and the presence of any factor that might tend to restore the importance of parternship in human affairs.

In this context, it is interesting to note that cannabis occurs in both male and female form. Propagation of the female species is the total concern of the grower interested in the narcotic power of the plant. It is thus a kind of happy coincidence that the subjective effects of cannabis, and the care and attention needed to produce a good resin strain both conspire to accentuate values that are oriented towards honoring and preserving the feminine.

Because of it's subliminally psychedelic effect, cannabis, when pursued as a lifestyle, places a person in intuitive contact with a less competitive behaviour pattern. For these reasons, marijuana is unwelcome in the modern office environment, while a drug such as caffeine, which reinforces the values of industrial culture, is both welcomed and encouraged. Cannabis use is correctly sensed as heretical, and deeply disloyal to the values of male dominance and hierarchy.

Sorry if I veered slightly off topic there. I find all of this to be very real and exciting.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Re: 2 become 1 [Re: Ped]
    #1915435 - 09/14/03 02:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thankyou Ped, very intresting read.

I like that about nurturing a cannabis plant needs feminine qualities and the product intern produces and promotes feminine values in the user.

hunting an animal would be an opposite example me finks.

--------------------

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

#1915674 - 09/14/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I found this:

Jesus said to them: when you make the two one, and when you make the inner as the outer and the outer as the inner and the above as the below, and when you make the male and the female into a single one, so that the male will not be male and the female not be female, when you make eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in the place of a hand, and a foot in the place of a foot, and an image in the place of an image, then shal you enter the Kingdom.

Am I right in saying this is from the gospel of Saint Thomas, which was found in the dead sea scrolls? or does this apear in the new testiment?

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

#1915847 - 09/14/03 05:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah that was in the Gospel of Thomas and it's talking about how when you fold your being into itself you can actually shift dimensions into the next world or frequency. This can be very dangerous and is not recommended for someone who does not fully understand it.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1917576 - 09/15/03 09:32 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If two is one,
and one is one,
then what is three?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1917609 - 09/15/03 09:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

hmmmmm...
alan watts would come back to this theme again and again in several of his books and many of his lectures...
and of course, carl jung would approach this as well...
as to oscillating systems and the mechanics of consciousness, there is none better than the late itzak bentov's _stalking the wild pendulum_
even valentine michael smith (THE MAN FROM MARS!!!) preached a bit of it when he was running his church of all worlds scam in heinlein's novel _stranger in a strange land_) (if you can grok it...)
the thomas gospel (or at least fragments thereof) was floating around in academic circles since the late 19th century, but the full text was unearthed at nag hamadi in egypt in the mid-20th century (and not at qumran by the dead sea in palestine, a few years later...)
~
advaita vedanta... blessed not-two... thou art that, i am that, all this is that... "one" splits into "two", "two" gives rise to "three", and soon enough is the "ten thousand things".. if you wish to penetrate the veil of illusion, you must leave your "you" behind... the price of one admission is your mind...
maya, lila, samsara, nirvana, heaven above, heaven below, shining voidness, quantum chaos flux foam, being and becoming, thus come and thus gone...
as the ocean "waves" so the universe "peoples"
~
goodbye
hello
goodbye
hello again
~
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: 2 become 1 [Re: Seuss]
    #1917824 - 09/15/03 12:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
If two is one,
and one is one,
then what is three? 

A crowd. :grin:

A very huunnnngrryy crowd.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: 2 become 1 [Re: Seuss]
    #1919099 - 09/15/03 08:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

If two is one,
and one is one,
then what is three?

Another reflection of one.

--------------------

Invisibledeep_umbra
Stranger
Re: 2 become 1 [Re: Ped]
    #1919995 - 09/16/03 12:21 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: 2 become 1 [Re: deep_umbra]
    #1921464 - 09/16/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Applicable excerpts from the Heart Sutra. In English, then Sanskrit:

Form is emptiness, evidently not different from form;
Emptiness, not different from form.
This form, that emptiness, this emptiness, that form.
Like this feeling: thought, choice, conciousness.

No form, no feeling, no thought, no choice, no conciousness.

No knowledge, no property, no witnessing, no thing to own.

All suffering stop, terminate, genuine and real, not in vain.

Gone, Gone, totally gone, totally completely gone, Enlightened So Be It.

Rupam sunyata, va rupam rupan na prithak;
Sunyata sunyataya na prithag rupam;
Yad rupam, sa sunyata, ya sunyata, sa rupam;
Evam eva vedana: samjna, samskara, vijnanam.

Na rupam, na vedana, na samjna, na samskara, na vijnana.

Na jnanam, na prapti, na bhismaya, tasmai na prapti.

Sarva Duhkha prasa manam sa tyam ami thyatvat,

Gate, Gate, paragate, parasamgate Bodhi Svaha.

This is taken from my Book of Sutras. It has no copyright.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology