Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedansta
stanley

Loc: Anywhere
Should this work? (Grain)
    #1911961 - 09/13/03 04:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've been trying to work with grain for a while and all have ended up in failure. I'm getting very pissed with it now but I'm determined not to give up. How does this sound --

I've just soaked some wild birdseed for around 18 hours which is made up of different coloured millett, wheat and a little corn I then rinsed and drained it. I'm PC'n it for an hour at 15psi and when cooled I'll incolulate with PF cake as I can't be bothered to wait for spores to germinate from an MSI.

I did this recently but only let the grain soak for about 10 hours I've just given it a shake as the myc. is growing but the seeds seem a little dry and very easy to shake. Is this normal?

--------------------
"Sir, I think you are drunk"
"Yes my dear and tomorrow I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Should this work? (Grain) [Re: dansta]
    #1911982 - 09/13/03 04:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

you did this with pfcake or spores before?
with pfcake, you must be very careful. no handling at all - dump it in a spotless new ziplock, crumble it in there, and pour some into the grain jar (open only for a few seconds). it's risky, but can work if you're really careful.

as for the grains - if they look dry, they probably are. (next time) experiement with adding water to the jars after you dump the soaked drained wbs in there - i have to add about 25ml to a half-full 1litre jar of wbs. (this time) it may be worth adding some sterile water to your jars now, but it's another contam risk -your call.

good luck  :heartpump: 

--------------------
buh

Offlinedansta
stanley

Loc: Anywhere
Re: Should this work? (Grain) [Re: shirley knott]
    #1911989 - 09/13/03 04:34 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

For the jar I've got on the go at the moment I used a home made spore syringe. When my casing fruits and supplies me with some more spores i'll give what you said a try and add some more water to the grain.

Cheers shirley

--------------------
"Sir, I think you are drunk"
"Yes my dear and tomorrow I will be sober but you will still be ugly"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag