Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Tha BlueGrass State,Kentu...
    #1911413 - 09/13/03 01:25 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I know this isnt really a hunting question but Im going Hunting tomorow morning in some horse stables a few miles away and was wondering if anyone knew at about what temperature Pan Subb's quit growing?or wont grow?Its getting down to the high 60's or low 70's at night and reaching the perfect hunting weather during the day at about 87,so just wondering if anyone thinks I will have any luck or ya think that they are all dying or not even growing because of the lower temperatures at night????Thanks for ANY info. at all,peaceout and happyhunting!!!

fa'shizzle dizzle
its tha big parafenizzle
with tha big mushroomizzle
ya gotta know its off tha hizzle

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: TEMPERATUE??? [Re: aminitaman]
    #1911446 - 09/13/03 01:43 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, almost anywhere you hunt there will be areas with various microclimates. This area will be consistently a few degrees warmer or wetter or whatever than the areas around it. So if the weather is anywhere close then you have a chance.

Second, the only reliable way there is to know if there are mushrooms up is to go look. Asking if they might be is a waste of time. Of course, if the daytime temperatures are around 20?F, then there aren't many mushrooms you're likely to find. But if they're even sort of close, then go look.

If you find some, report what the temperatures have been lately, so that others can use the information. If you don't find any, well negative reports have value, but not nearly as much as positive reports.

Good luck.

Happy mushrooming!

Loc: Alaska
Re: TEMPERATUE??? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1912482 - 09/13/03 01:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I am going hunting for some Pan Subbs as well today.There have been alot of reports lately of horses getting stoned by some mushrooms that are popping up in their patures.The local vet knows nothing about mushrooms and has been told that I am studying mushrooms so I have been asked to look at them.I am hoping that they are Pan Subbs! The horses are fine by the way. If I have any luck finding any of these mushrroms that are a concern to the vet I will post them here. The temps here have been ranging 30-40F at night and up to 65F during the day. We had rain for 2 days when these horses got sick wich was 4 days ago and a bit more rain since then. Lots of dew and some frost in the mornings.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification