Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeath420
Stranger
mutant albino penis envy(came out looking like pf albino)
    #19110203 - 11/09/13 12:31 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

so Ive been growing out some A.P.E. and this is my first time seeing a mutant mushroom, doesn't look like any other A.P.E. Ive seen. So i goggled pf albino(images)and  the first pic that came up is what it looks like, more albino and a little bluish on top. So i was wondering if this could be a possible pf albino coming out of A.P.E.? was it possible for that particular mushroom to revert back to a PF?? If so how are they? should i try to clone it and get spores from it? would getting spores from it get me more pf albino's instead of A.P.E.?
Thx in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: mutant albino penis envy(came out looking like pf albino) [Re: death420]
    #19110215 - 11/09/13 12:34 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

death420 said:
should i try to clone it and get spores from it?

Cloning and spores are 2 different things.

Cloning is taking a tissue sample of those certain genetic characteristics, spores are completely random, and like starting from scratch.

Pics?

Offlinedeath420
Stranger
Re: mutant albino penis envy(came out looking like pf albino) [Re: PussyFart]
    #19110256 - 11/09/13 12:45 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

death420 said:

Cloning is taking a tissue sample of those certain genetic characteristics, spores are completely random, and like starting from scratch.

Pics?

lol i knew someone would say that, i know what they are. But getting spores from a reverted back mushroom would or should cause more like it to grow, Ive done this with P.E. I had several P.E. mutants that opened up like a normal mush and pooped out spores. So i decided "hey why not its  rarity for P.E. to dump spores, so lets take advantage". So i thought what i had gotten was P.E. spores. Witch i was very happy. Until i grew them out, they all came out nothing like P.E. So i asked what happen to them, several people explained to me that if allowed to grow out for a long time P.E. can revert back to one of the 2 mushrooms that had to be combined to create P.E. witch is obv a hybrid
So in theory it could have reverted. Just that one mutant at least. The reason i had to ask is b/c i don't fully know the 2 strains that make up A.P.E. I think i remember reading it was P.E. and pf albino. I'm not 100% sure though. I can try to get a pic posted soon if it does help. Thx for the quick reply though

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #19110285 - 11/09/13 12:54 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

death420 said:
getting spores from a reverted back mushroom would or should cause more like it to grow

Not really....you cannot know what the genetics are going to be before they are even created....

Just not possible buddy.

Spore prints from isolates or clones do not have a tendency of producing similar results of the parent fruit.

Spores are random genetics crapshoots.
Quote:

death420 said:
Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

death420 said:

Pics?

several people explained to me that if allowed to grow out for a long time P.E. can revert back to one of the 2 mushrooms that had to be combined to create P.E. witch is obv a hybrid

"A long time" is longer than you imagine.

It would literally take years, if that is even possible.

The spores you get now will have the same PE characteristics that spores from 10 future generations will give you.

It takes "a long time".

To my knowledge, PE is not a hybrid, it is a mutant variety.

Offlinedeath420
Stranger
    #19110378 - 11/09/13 01:21 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

death420 said:
getting spores from a reverted back mushroom would or should cause more like it to grow

Not really....you cannot know what the genetics are going to be before they are even created....

Just not possible buddy.

Spore prints from isolates or clones do not have a tendency of producing similar results of the parent fruit.

Spores are random genetics crapshoots.
Quote:

death420 said:
Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

death420 said:

Pics?

several people explained to me that if allowed to grow out for a long time P.E. can revert back to one of the 2 mushrooms that had to be combined to create P.E. witch is obv a hybrid

"A long time" is longer than you imagine.

It would literally take years, if that is even possible.

The spores you get now will have the same PE characteristics that spores from 10 future generations will give you.

It takes "a long time".

To my knowledge, PE is not a hybrid, it is a mutant variety.

The first part i can argue with, b/c ive grown out mushrooms that should of been P.E. but didn't come out P.E. didn't have the same trip,look,potency. To me that would be a completely different mushroom. 2nd(the genetics i had was about a year or so old(g2g)So it would have been possible for the mutants to come out. So i took spores from them, grew those out, nothing like P.E. And im pretty sure P.E. IS a hybrid strain. I think someone mentioned its a mix between something like pf amazonian's and one other mushy. And i understand that getting spores is random, but getting spores from a different mushy would cause it to be that mushy. (exp. one shroom reverted back while other stayed the same) So if it was a different mushroom b/c it had reverted back, i would get the same types from it. Witch i did, i wasn't happy about not getting P.E. but it does prove that the prints i got(i got several) were actually not P.E. but one of the mushrooms that maid it up.

Offlinedeath420
Stranger
    #19110421 - 11/09/13 01:33 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

hmm i may be wrong about P.E. being a hybrid. But anyways this guy shed some light on it. ill copy/paste what he said when i asked about my P.E. looking less like dicks.

"PE and APE are "mutant" strains. and over time, you can actually breed the mutation back out of the strain over time.
It's kinda like natural selection.

It's a genetic thing.
It has to do with phenotype, and traits.

If you got a mostly white dog. that breeds mostly white puppies, but has a recessive trait, that comes out giving a chance for a black puppy. and if you keep breeding the black puppies, eventually you keep making the chances of the puppies being born to be black higher and higher.

Basically by taking prints of the ones that look less like PE, you increase the chances of the next batch to look less like PE."

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #19110422 - 11/09/13 01:33 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

death420 said:
The first part i can argue with, b/c ive grown out mushrooms that should of been P.E. but didn't come out P.E. didn't have the same trip,look,potency. To me that would be a completely different mushroom.

Sounds like a mislabeled spore syringe to me.....

Quote:

death420 said:
2nd(the genetics i had was about a year or so old(g2g)So it would have been possible for the mutants to come out. So i took spores from them, grew those out, nothing like P.E. And im pretty sure P.E. IS a hybrid strain. I think someone mentioned its a mix between something like pf amazonian's and one other mushy.

Please link me to this info....

Quote:

death420 said:
And i understand that getting spores is random, but getting spores from a different mushy would cause it to be that mushy. (exp. one shroom reverted back while other stayed the same) So if it was a different mushroom b/c it had reverted back, i would get the same types from it. Witch i did, i wasn't happy about not getting P.E. but it does prove that the prints i got(i got several) were actually not P.E. but one of the mushrooms that maid it up.

No, it doesn't prove anything.

It proves that the genetics from those spores were good.

When 2 spores germinate, they create a set of genetics, just like a sperm and an egg....one set, unlike any other.

You cannot give birth to clones of yourself....

You cannot get the same genetics of the parent from spores....just like kids, they will all differ.

Please, feel free to continue this discussion in Strain Thread-Strain Discussion HERE ONLY

Offlinedeath420
Stranger
    #19110505 - 11/09/13 01:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

what do you mean they were good? With over use of the same genetics could cause the to revert back into a different mushy. And no, it wasn't bad labeling. I got P.E. spores from a legit website.Most of yall order from this site. I grew the spores out, they were P.E. for the longest time. I had the same genetics for over a year thx to g2g. Since i was never able to get spore prints from normal P.E. that grew out, i decided to take advantage of the mutant one that did. So i took prints from that, grew them out, for the first flush i noticed most of them didn't look like normal dicks, but i didn't think they were different i just thought i discovered a way to get P.E. to drop spores. So i kept on taking prints from the mushys that allowed me to. The more i used these prints the less and less dicks i got. To eventually not having any dicks, and people telling me they were weak.(the same people who loved the P.E.) So if they don't look like dicks, poop spores out,(witch dicks dont)and aren't anywhere near as potent as the dicks were, don't you think that's weird? Explain to me how and why my P.E. stopped being P.E. If it is still P.E. then explain how i ended up with different looking mushrooms with way less potency. For me this is like the saying, if it acts like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.

Edited by death420 (11/09/13 01:59 PM)

Offlinedeath420
Stranger
    #19110539 - 11/09/13 02:05 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

btw nice green house

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #19110549 - 11/09/13 02:07 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Please, feel free to continue this discussion in Strain Thread-Strain Discussion HERE ONLY

Offlinedeath420
Stranger
    #19110566 - 11/09/13 02:10 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

Notahacker420 said:

you cant just explain why?

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #19110666 - 11/09/13 02:30 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

death420 said:
Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Quote:

Notahacker420 said:

you cant just explain why?

Read the rules.

Quote:

Read the above quotes more carefully.  You'll notice in the first quote the word 'named' which is absent from the second.  A print of ABC strain will produce thousands, if not millions of 'strains'.  Each will have different characteristics from the others.  The same would go for a print named XYZ strain.  By isolating strains you can find the features you wish to propagate.

Remember, the definition of strain is a pairing of compatible hyphae.  It isn't the name some guy wrote on the print all those hyphae came from.

That's why we relegate strain questions to this bastard stepchild of a thread.  They always ask about the 'name' and the fact is, you never know what you're going to get(penis envy excluded) from a named 'strain' other than the fact it will be cubensis.  If I didn't actually think strain in the true sense of the word was important, I wouldn't spend so much time on explaining how to do strain isolations.  I hope this clears that up.
RR

I'll bet if we just deleted the strain thread completely along with any strain question that gets asked, with a set answer such as, "ask your preferred vendor", we'd see all these stupid strains disappear, and the vendors would start selling 'cubensis spores', putting all this nonesense to rest.

The disinformation has already started. There are no (cube)strains that require casing. There are no strains that don't perform on cakes. There are no strains that are more rhizomorphic. There are no strains that are always more potent. There are no strains that are more resistant to contamination. There are no strains that are not sensitive to CO2. There are no strains that require less light. There are no strains that grow better invitro, etc. etc.

By 'strain' I mean print of spore syringe, not somebody's isolate, which is a whole different animal.
RR

Some of the MOST potent I've ever had were cambos.  That's why the whole discussion of named strains is silly.  With multispore inoculation, you never know what you're going to get.
RR

If you don't know which strain to pick, use roadkills method and put names of 'strains' on each section of a dartboard, and then throw a dart. The strain the dart hits is the one you should order for best results, fastest colonization, contamination resistance, and maximum potency above all others.
RR

This is why.

Edited by Trusted cuItivator (11/09/13 02:34 PM)

Offlinedeath420
Stranger
    #19110713 - 11/09/13 02:45 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

What you just posted doesn't necessarily explain why my P.E. changed. But this does.

"Just like most mushrooms they still contain the genetic information from past generations. So if there are other characteristics within than there is always potential that they will emerge from time to time. 

Pe has been getting more and more "open capped" as I have noticed throughout the years. I suspect the reason being that they are typically hard to get spores from and when people do get spores from them they pick the ones with the most open caps "because of ease" and then ensuring the genetics that you "dont" necessarily care for stick around."

LOl that's what i did..B/c of ease too!

Also this

"PE and APE are "mutant" strains. and over time, you can actually breed the mutation back out of the strain over time.
It's kinda like natural selection.

It's a genetic thing.
It has to do with phenotype, and traits.

If you got a mostly white dog. that breeds mostly white puppies, but has a recessive trait, that comes out giving a chance for a black puppy. and if you keep breeding the black puppies, eventually you keep making the chances of the puppies being born to be black higher and higher."

Both of those for me seems like what has happen to my P.E. Me not knowing what i was doing was going further and further away from the actual genetics i wanted. (and i thought i got lucky with a mutant penis envy pooping out massive amounts of spores)

Edited by death420 (11/09/13 02:47 PM)

Offlinedeath420
Stranger
    #19110751 - 11/09/13 02:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

here's a quick pic of the mutant.(third flush)

Edited by death420 (11/09/13 02:56 PM)

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #19110804 - 11/09/13 03:19 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I have seen that before....looks like MS APE Genetics to me.

I would not expect to see the same thing from spores taken from said fruit.

I mean it could happen....just like this could happen with PE.

If I were to take spores from those albino fruits, I would not expect to see albinos any more frequently....they are still PE spores.....

Offlinedeath420
Stranger
    #19110817 - 11/09/13 03:22 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

omg, those pics u put up are crazyyy!! ive seen mutants but like those.. lol ohh my.

did you eat those or try to clone them?? thats crazy.

OfflinePussyFart
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #19110874 - 11/09/13 03:37 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I ate em...they were descent....no clones, no prints...lol

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #19110875 - 11/09/13 03:37 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

OP I have not done a lot of projects with my APE yet but I did have exactly what you describe happen as well. I had one non penis looking albino pop up. Not only was it not shaped like the other APE, it was also a lot whiter. I never did take a pic of it a full maturity as you did but but here is an early shot of it anyway. Still looks like a dick in that position tho :wink:

As for spores, I did not try a swab as I thinking that maybe it was a little more predisposed to its PF albino roots, and so I did try to print it, did not get anything. Was probably a random mutant, shoulda cloned it :foreheadslap:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck