Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline19x
lachrymologist

Loc: up your ass and around th...
pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight?
    #19105592 - 11/08/13 01:04 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

these jars have been colonizing for slightly over 2 weeks using pf tek with brf. i used a koh samui super strain syringe . they were not pressure cooked but steamed for 90 minutes. i have 6 jars and this is the one that is mostly colonized. id say around 90 - 95%. the other 5 jars aren't too far behind this one but one of them is only at about 50%. they ALL show these yellow "bubbles" right around the germination point where they were inoculated. aside from not having a pressure cooker, i followed the pf tek 100% maybe im just being optimistic but it doesn't look like contamination to me. I've been doing alot of reading and looking at pics of contamination. I've heard yellow coloring can be from metabolites (but that was described as a yellow fluid, this is looks like little yellow bubbles) or from mycelium that fought off contamination. they even somewhat resemble pins, but all the pins I've seen in other pics have been brown. any input would be appreciated, but i would prefer reliable insight from someone who is more than an amateur.

--------------------
"all the money in the world could'nt buy me a second of trust, or one ounce of faith in anything youre about.. FUCK YOU AAAAAALLLLLL!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenexxone
HAWK NATION
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: 19x]
    #19105634 - 11/08/13 01:14 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i dont think they are contams maybe monitor it
i cant remeber what they are called, metabites or somthing i have no idea.. but thats what i think they are.
i dont think they could be pins cuz your cakes dont look like they are even full colonized.
also u should use the half-pint wide jars instead of the tall ones.
i hear the wide ones give you faster growth for some reason.

--------------------
HAWK NATION

OfflineVicious Virosa
Student of Life
Male

Loc: Lincoln, Ne Flag
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: 19x]
    #19105635 - 11/08/13 01:14 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I would think while in it's incubation stage (Still in the jar) there is no possible way without the introduction of fresh air and sunlight for pins to start developing. Contamination can take many forms, and seeing as how it was at the inoculation site, I speculate a contaminated syringe, but who knows... I'd be speculative of opening the jars until your sure!

--------------------
"Judging others doesn't define them... It defines you..."

"The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am here, and you are out there."
        -Yasutani Roshi

Edited by Vicious Virosa (11/08/13 01:16 PM)

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: Vicious Virosa]
    #19105663 - 11/08/13 01:22 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Vicious Virosa said:
I would think while in it's incubation stage (Still in the jar) there is no possible way without the introduction of fresh air and sunlight for pins to start developing. Contamination can take many forms, and seeing as how it was at the inoculation site, I speculate a contaminated syringe, but who knows... I'd be speculative of opening the jars until your sure!

Invitro Pinning happens ALL the time.  I didn't do a single round of PF Tek without getting at least one jar out of 5 pinning early.  Your jars are fine 19x.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

OfflineVicious Virosa
Student of Life
Male

Loc: Lincoln, Ne Flag
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #19105672 - 11/08/13 01:24 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Never heard of invitro pinning... I was under the impression the change of environment initiated the fruiting process, the more you know I guess!

--------------------
"Judging others doesn't define them... It defines you..."

"The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am here, and you are out there."
        -Yasutani Roshi

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: elasticaltiger]
    #19105684 - 11/08/13 01:27 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

this is occuring in all six of my jars though. do they really LOOK like pins to you? this is my first time so i dont know from experience. the only knowledge i have is from what ive read here.

--------------------
"all the money in the world could'nt buy me a second of trust, or one ounce of faith in anything youre about.. FUCK YOU AAAAAALLLLLL!!!"

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: Vicious Virosa]
    #19105685 - 11/08/13 01:28 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

dude, this is your second thread on the same topic today.  well three including the one in the contamination forum.

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

Loc: O
    #19105693 - 11/08/13 01:29 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Quote:

Vicious Virosa said:

Invitro Pinning happens ALL the time.  I didn't do a single round of PF Tek without getting at least one jar out of 5 pinning early.  Your jars are fine 19x.

in vitro pinning is caused by bacterial issues most likely.

but they don't look like pins anyways

--------------------
:tard:

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: Vicious Virosa] * 1
    #19105695 - 11/08/13 01:31 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

i love i when people say "i followed the pf tek 100%" then post a pic of pint jars...

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: DeadPhan]
    #19105727 - 11/08/13 01:39 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i figured id post it somewhere else to see if i got any different answers from different people.. looking for as much info as possible. why is there a problem with looking for the same thing in different places?

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19105736 - 11/08/13 01:41 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

use the proper jars and follow the tek to the t next run, you won't regret it:thumbup:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: cronicr]
    #19105741 - 11/08/13 01:42 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

i love when people assume that they know what theyre looking at in a PICTURE when they havent seen it in person.. the jars hold exactly 8 0z except for the 1/2 inch or so of space for the vermiculite layer. so filled up to the 8 0z line yes theyre 1/2 pint jars. any other pointless INCORRECT smartass comments?

--------------------

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

#19105751 - 11/08/13 01:43 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

19x said:
i love when people assume that they know what theyre looking at in a PICTURE when they havent seen it in person.. the jars hold exactly 8 0z except for the 1/2 inch or so of space for the vermiculite layer. so filled up to the 8 0z line yes theyre 1/2 pint jars. any other pointless INCORRECT smartass comments?

:lol: those jars are fucked either way, good luck

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: 19x] * 1
    #19105755 - 11/08/13 01:44 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:smbfacepalm:
no there the wrong jars you want short wide-mouth tapered jars, they should be as tall as they are wide, those do not look healthy i'd start more jars asap

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: cronicr]
    #19105765 - 11/08/13 01:46 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

just poured a 1/2 pint of single malt scotch into one of my empty jars. :smile:it fit like a glove. i accept your apology

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#19105767 - 11/08/13 01:46 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

19x said:
yeah i figured id post it somewhere else to see if i got any different answers from different people.. looking for as much info as possible. why is there a problem with looking for the same thing in different places?

im not sure if there are or arent rules against that, however, i was more so referring to the fact that you posted twice about the same issue in this forum, within the same day at that.  :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

#19105771 - 11/08/13 01:47 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Like cronicr said it is the shape of the jar, do you understand what he is saying even? and those jars look bad anyways.

--------------------

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19105784 - 11/08/13 01:49 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

i know the mouth is not the right type. we had planned on using the cakes for a monotub anyway. we were just gonna crack em open with a hammer. it was all we had available at the moment . if i could have found some id have used the tapered ones. thank you for your input

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19105795 - 11/08/13 01:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

gotcha:thumbup:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: DeadPhan]
    #19105810 - 11/08/13 01:54 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i was just trying to get more people to see my question. and surprise surprise.. it got me more opinions within seconds. i didnt know it was something that would potentially be frowned upon. didnt even get a real answer anyway. 1/2 of the replies in all of the 3 threads i started says they look kosher and that they look like pins, the other 1/2 says theyre fucked and to start over. ill probably just put them in a compost heap at my parents house :smile: and start some new jars

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#19105823 - 11/08/13 01:56 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

19x said:
i know the mouth is not the right type. we had planned on using the cakes for a monotub anyway. we were just gonna crack em open with a hammer. it was all we had available at the moment . if i could have found some id have used the tapered ones. thank you for your input

:facepalm:
no no no.  you want untapered.  aka, wide mouth.  where the circumference of the mouth, or opening of the jar, is equal to that of the circumference of the rest of the jar.  basically just a cylindrical jar all the way down.

with that, most are trying to tell you, that you didnt use the SHORT 1/2 pint jars.  there are short, and tall half pint jars.  tall half pint jars are likely to stall out, and are also just awkward when fruiting as they topple over easy, and im sure there are other reasons.  half pints are ideal and what you are shooting for. 
you want this

not this

--------------------

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19105838 - 11/08/13 01:59 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the pic deadphan. we wanted to get those jars but couldnt find them anywhere. do you know any major retailers that carry them?

--------------------

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19105839 - 11/08/13 01:59 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

19x said:
this is occuring in all six of my jars though. do they really LOOK like pins to you? this is my first time so i dont know from experience. the only knowledge i have is from what ive read here.

It's not pins. It's not even mushroom mycelium. They're dense wet cluster of mold spores, you can see individual sporangium emerging from around them in some parts.

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#19105851 - 11/08/13 02:02 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

19x said:
yeah i was just trying to get more people to see my question. and surprise surprise.. it got me more opinions within seconds. i didnt know it was something that would potentially be frowned upon. didnt even get a real answer anyway. 1/2 of the replies in all of the 3 threads i started says they look kosher and that they look like pins, the other 1/2 says theyre fucked and to start over. ill probably just put them in a compost heap at my parents house :smile: and start some new jars

just because YOU wanted answers to YOUR questions when YOU wanted them, doesnt make it righteous to post numerous threads on the same topic withing such a short amount of time.  there is a rule against bumping your own thread within 24 hours, let alone, making more than one thread about it within that amount of time.  if everytime someone was impatient and wanted to flood the boards with multiple threads about a question they need answered when they wanted, this place would be a mess.  i wasnt trying to be a dick.  just pointing out the rules.  let alone a common courtesy.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#19105863 - 11/08/13 02:04 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

19x said:
thanks for the pic deadphan. we wanted to get those jars but couldnt find them anywhere. do you know any major retailers that carry them?

wal-mart maybe.  kmart.  target?  not sure if you have things like, Ace Hardware, or True Value near you?  Those places are a sure thing for the most part, and you can always request them to order them in if they arent in stock.  im not sure about home depot but i think i may have heard before that they do.  at least in some areas.

--------------------

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: B_BOY]
    #19105870 - 11/08/13 02:05 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

B_BOY said:
Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Quote:

Vicious Virosa said:

Full colonization is one of the three main pinning triggers.

Tall half pint jars have been known to work, but they do stall out more often.  Just because he used tall half pints doesn't mean his grow is fucked from the git go.

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: elasticaltiger] * 1
    #19105884 - 11/08/13 02:08 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

no the mold says he was fucked from the get go

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleJohnnieYen
Okay
I'm a teapot

Loc: City Z
    #19105888 - 11/08/13 02:08 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DeadPhan said:
Quote:

19x said:

:facepalm:
no no no.  you want untapered.  aka, wide mouth.  where the circumference of the mouth, or opening of the jar, is equal to that of the circumference of the rest of the jar.  basically just a cylindrical jar all the way down.

with that, most are trying to tell you, that you didnt use the SHORT 1/2 pint jars.  there are short, and tall half pint jars.  tall half pint jars are likely to stall out, and are also just awkward when fruiting as they topple over easy, and im sure there are other reasons.  half pints are ideal and what you are shooting for. 
you want this

not this

Those wide mouth are tapered though. Thats what allows the cake to slide out when it releases from the jar.

Probably has a 1-2 degree draft.

--------------------
[center

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: JohnnieYen]
    #19105891 - 11/08/13 02:10 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

yes tapered makes it easier to get out, can' remember which company but some widemouths are not. tapered is wider at the top then the bottom

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

#19105895 - 11/08/13 02:11 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Quote:

B_BOY said:
Quote:

elasticaltiger said:
Quote:

Vicious Virosa said:

Full colonization is one of the three main pinning triggers.

Tall half pint jars have been known to work, but they do stall out more often.  Just because he used tall half pints doesn't mean his grow is fucked from the git go.

Quote:

cronicr said:
no the mold says he was fucked from the get go

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#19105974 - 11/08/13 02:32 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

ta·per
ˈtāpər/
verb
past tense: tapered; past participle: tapered

diminish or reduce or cause to diminish or reduce in thickness toward one end.
    "the tail tapers to a rounded tip"
    synonyms: narrow, thin (out), come to a point, attenuate
    "the leaves taper at the tip"

:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinenexxone
HAWK NATION
Male User Gallery

#19106104 - 11/08/13 02:57 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

those are nto pins they are most likley metabites...
your jars are the wrong half-pint jars.. dont be getting mad cuz ur asking questions and strangers are doing there best to help you out..

if you think those are pins you should prolly be listening to the advice your getting instead of contradicting it. just my 2c

--------------------
HAWK NATION

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: nexxone]
    #19106192 - 11/08/13 03:12 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

i didnt get mad at the advice. i thanked them for their input. the angry response youre referring to was founded. yours is not because youre speaking uninformed, almost as if all you want to do is start an argument. let me explain. i DID use half pint jars. someone replied after looking at my PICTURE (not actually seeing the jars in person) claiming that they were full pint jars. i then proceeded to tell them that they were also uninformed, as i had poured one half pint of fluid measured from a measuring cup (8 oz) into an empty one. the fluid filled the jar up to the top line. speaking out uninformed just to falsely call someone out on something for which they are correct is not only immature, but ignorant. maybe go back and read the entire thread before you put your 2 cents in and see if the information (false or not) youre about to provide has any relevance. just for the record im not trying to be an asshole, im trying to keep you from making a jackass out of yourself in the future.

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19106199 - 11/08/13 03:14 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:uppercut:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinenexxone
HAWK NATION
Male User Gallery

#19106252 - 11/08/13 03:26 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

sorry i didnt read the whole thread.. but i find your post kinda harsh calling me a jackass and shit.. im trying to save your jars by telling you that u have metabites and not contams

all i said was dont get angry i didnt mean any offence... but now i feel offended somehow lol

--------------------
HAWK NATION

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19106257 - 11/08/13 03:27 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

lol cronicr. i really did appreciate your input, i just got offended when you assumed i didnt know what a half pint looked like(im a regular whiskey drinker). i wont lose any sleep over it though. that gif is hilarious and well placed in the thread :smile: thanks again

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: nexxone]
    #19106262 - 11/08/13 03:28 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

it's metabolites and those are not metabolites, don't lose any sleep over it nexx:wink:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19106268 - 11/08/13 03:29 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

nice choice of words 19x lol

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19106282 - 11/08/13 03:32 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

thank you as well for your input nexxone. what you said did help and i was somewhat of a jackass for not thanking you first and then proceeding to suggest that you are one. it was just obvious to me that you just typed without even reading the thread, and shit like that goes right up my ass. you have a point though i shouldnt be complaining when i ask for advice or input. so sorry if i offended you. im here to make freinds not enemies. im a very argumentative person though. i hardly ever let someone contradict me without responding immediately (unless i know for sure im wrong). its a 30 year old habit im honestly trying to break. sometimes i should just let people think that theyve won the argument so i can cackle about it as i walk away right? lol

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19106297 - 11/08/13 03:34 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

19x said:
thank you as well for your input nexxone. what you said did help and i was somewhat of a jackass for not thanking you first and then proceeding to suggest that you are one. it was just obvious to me that you just typed without even reading the thread, and shit like that goes right up my ass. you have a point though i shouldnt be complaining when i ask for advice or input. so sorry if i offended you. im here to make freinds not enemies. im a very argumentative person though. i hardly ever let someone contradict me without responding immediately (unless i know for sure im wrong). its a 30 year old habit im honestly trying to break. sometimes i should just let people think that theyve won the argument so i can cackle about it as i walk away right? lol

shroomery101 people:headbang3:

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Edited by cronicr (11/08/13 03:37 PM)

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#19106339 - 11/08/13 03:45 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
:smbfacepalm:
no there the wrong jars you want short wide-mouth tapered jars, they should be as tall as they are wide, those do not look healthy i'd start more jars asap

Quote:

19x said:
just poured a 1/2 pint of single malt scotch into one of my empty jars. :smile:it fit like a glove. i accept your apology

Half pint is half pint no doubt.  However some tall and some short. :cheers:

--------------------

Offlinememberjockey
Travelling w/out moving
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deep South
    #19106374 - 11/08/13 03:52 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I had something that looks a lot like those and I read that it was caused from the cake being overly nutritious or from birthing too soon which I did both.

--------------------

Offlinememberjockey
Travelling w/out moving
Female User Gallery

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: memberjockey]
    #19106384 - 11/08/13 03:55 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

and one grew in the jar of rye.

--------------------

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: memberjockey]
    #19106401 - 11/08/13 03:57 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

memberjockey said:
I had something that looks a lot like those and I read that it was caused from the cake being overly nutritious or from birthing too soon which I did both.

Is that by chance a cake of PE?

--------------------

Offlinememberjockey
Travelling w/out moving
Female User Gallery

#19106585 - 11/08/13 04:37 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I thought the same thing because it's had some mutant's but I'm pretty sure it's not I made the cake out of too many goodies.

--------------------

OfflineSockadin
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19106594 - 11/08/13 04:38 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah Pins are not usually off yellow. I think you might have a bacterial contamination in those jars.

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: Sockadin]
    #19106614 - 11/08/13 04:43 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

bacteria is better news than mold correct? i hear mycelium that is well developed can easily overcome a small bacteria infection. should i still have some hope for these jars? im looking for EVERYONES input thats following this thread.

--------------------

Offlinememberjockey
Travelling w/out moving
Female User Gallery

#19106681 - 11/08/13 04:57 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

and what the fuck I also use giant jars but instead of vermiculite I used a filter so I can shake the shit out of them & I shook them almost daily, they're also pan cyan not cubes and they're supposed to be week and puny, these are 3 weeks old. 

--------------------

Offlinememberjockey
Travelling w/out moving
Female User Gallery

#19106684 - 11/08/13 04:58 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

But they are tapered. :happyheart:

--------------------

OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
    #19106685 - 11/08/13 04:58 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Why would you shake cakes?

Why would you shake everyday?

We only usually shake grain jars once at 20-30%...

OfflineRubestoad
Stranger
Male

Loc: your mamas porch. sunrise
    #19106754 - 11/08/13 05:12 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
Quote:

19x said:

shroomery101 people:headbang3:

:whathesaid:

--------------------
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

Offlinememberjockey
Travelling w/out moving
Female User Gallery

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: PussyFart]
    #19109577 - 11/09/13 08:56 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Notahacker420 said:
Why would you shake cakes?

Why would you shake everyday?

We only usually shake grain jars once at 20-30%...

Because cyans tends to not colonize as fast or as dense as cubes I'm running tests on what works best for me same with the grains I have more luck shaking my grain jars of cyan than when I don't.

--------------------

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #19109729 - 11/09/13 09:54 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

my pans were always faster then cubes

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinememberjockey
Travelling w/out moving
Female User Gallery

#19110113 - 11/09/13 12:03 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I'm experimenting with cyan cakes in larger jars and they colonize better for me when I shake them I also shook the small ones and they all colonized about the same time.  Besides if it works then I don't see any reason not to.

--------------------

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19489642 - 01/29/14 01:36 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

i completely understand and stand corrected . you are a scholar and a gentleman. thank you for your input.. :laugh:

--------------------

Offline19x
lachrymologist

#19760100 - 03/28/14 01:45 PM (10 years, 3 days ago)

ive come along way since i posted this thread.. that grow wound up being a miserable failure, but i want to talk about jars again.. i know the half pint  short widemouths are ideal, but i never wound up finding any. i did find the tall half pints and some tall full pints in my parents basement that they said i could have. ive been using these for 3 successful grows now using GT strain. i dont know if its just the strain, but NONE of my jars have stalled including the full pint ones. in fact some of the tall half pints went totally white in less than 2 weeks. granted this was from a homemade syringe with TONS of spores. (i wound up labeling the syringe "grape juice"). just figured id put that out there. i was surprised that the full pints never stalled either as it is not recommended to use them. however, i also successfully colonized a 2 quart casserole dish done pftek style which colonized fully in about 4 weeks with no stalling whatsoever. that one was done with B+ and for the record i DONT have a pc. these were all steamed and aside from my first failed attempt with KSSS, my contam rate has been less than 10%. any thoughts/comments welcome :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleblindingleaf
blue collar underworld
 User Gallery

Loc: sub-surface unseen
Trusted Cultivator
    #19760294 - 03/28/14 02:27 PM (10 years, 3 days ago)

good job!  cool on the 2 qt pan thing too.  thats a lot of BRF to colonize.  ur success had more to do with how clean u made the syringe, not that there were clouds of spores in it tho.  whatever u do, save that syringe, and use very little each time to keep it going.

--------------------
A few thoughts on cultivation
MICROBIAL HUSBANDRY!!!!

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts

Offline19x
lachrymologist

Re: pretty sure this isnt mold, looks almost like pins in my jars. any insight? [Re: blindingleaf]
    #19764234 - 03/29/14 01:36 PM (10 years, 2 days ago)

the 2 qt dish wasnt done with my homemade syringe. it was B+ from a reputable source. used the rest of it on that dish though .. a little less than 5 ccs. the "grape juice" is actually golden teachers. i made that one:) had a cap that was bigger in girth than the cake it came from :laugh: printed that bitch  made 2 syringes and still have more than half the print.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract