Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelizardking
journeyman
Loc: Uk, India, USA... Im ever...
mushrooms from the royal kingdom of bhutan
    #1904819 - 09/11/03 09:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

High guys
last year i posted a thread detailing my adventures in khajjiar, a remote town in the north of the mountain state of himachal pradesh in the himalayas. there i discovered mushrooms growing in great abundance.. and posted some pics here. a few of you mycophiles seemed quite interested so when i visited bhutan a few days ago and found the same abundance of mushrooms my thoughts naturally came back to this community.. and i thought why not detail my finda for y'all... ?:)

while i love fungi and am greatly intrigued by them, i cannot devote enough time to their study.sadly, my interest is limited to growing and consuming some psilocybe cubensis..
therefore i cannot identify any of these mushrooms.i thought one of them may be a psilocybe due to its veil and colour of cap, dark purplish black spore print etc but i leave the judgement to you experienced ones... i just clicked away knowing there'll be cyber souls interested in these magical organisms....

heres a little intro to bhutan and a link to a post about the ganja which grows there..
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?p=3245037#post3245037

bhutan is one of the last strongholds of tantric buddhism, and is bordered by nepal, india and bangladesh. nestled in the mountains, it has clean air and cool waters with amazing scenery. iy has remained closed off to most of the world for all its existence, and has never been colonised by the imperial powers of the past or the capitalist powers of the present.as a result there are virtually no Multinational companies, foreigners are restricted by the high costs (200$ a day visa fees) and only 2 countries have embassies there- India and Bangladesh.

this is just a taste of whats to come i have many more pictures about 20-30 more of diff species, there are so many diff species in the forest undergrowth there, everywhere i looked there were mushrooms! i just kept clicking away till i ran out of film.sadly i dont have the cable for my camera so i wont be able to download those pics for about 2 weeks till i get back from vacation... so u guys are gonna have to wait a bit.. sorry :smile:
heres some pics

[edit: i fixed your third pic, there was a space in between the "." and the "jpg" suffix. peace, concrete.}   

--------------------
The future is uncertain
And the end is always near.
James Douglas Morrison.

Edited by concretefeet (09/12/03 12:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelizardking
journeyman
Re: mushrooms from the royal kingdom of bhutan [Re: lizardking]
    #1904826 - 09/11/03 10:02 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

dunno why the images arent loading... have tried resizing them... and now i cant see any of them... uggghh
too tired now been on comp for 3 hours non stop..
will try again tom, i hope u guys can find the pics by right clicking and then clicking on load image..
peace
ds

--------------------
The future is uncertain
James Douglas Morrison.

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1906420 - 09/11/03 04:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Nice pictures!
Looks like a great journey.

There is another LizardKing that posts here, hes also a moderator. I think he's had the name since '99'.

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #1906437 - 09/11/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

And yeah.. Amazing gallery!

:spliff:  :stoned:  :laugh: 

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: mushrooms from the royal kingdom of bhutan [Re: Effed]
    #1906439 - 09/11/03 04:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, me and him had met a while back. I have no prob with someone having the same nick.

This is my brother lizard
This is my other brother lizard
and this is my brother darrell :smile:

How'd that line go on the newhart show?

lk,

--------------------

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: mushrooms from the royal kingdom of bhutan [Re: Lizard King]
    #1907039 - 09/11/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

get those pictures up this is so awesome

Offlinelizardking
journeyman
Re: mushrooms from the royal kingdom of bhutan [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1907542 - 09/11/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

will try and get these pics up properly in a few hours time the rest have gotta wait as i dont have my cable.

as for the same nick - didnt know i shared it with an illustrious persona on the board here when i registered :smile:
hi LK - i keep getting pms meant for u will forward them to u later today.
peeace guys
lk

--------------------
The future is uncertain
James Douglas Morrison.

Offlinelizardking
journeyman
    #1907543 - 09/11/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

will try and get these pics up properly in a few hours time the rest have gotta wait as i dont have my cable.

as for the same nick - didnt know i shared it with an illustrious persona on the board here when i registered :smile:
hi LK - i keep getting pms meant for u will forward them to u later today.
peace guys
lk

--------------------
The future is uncertain
James Douglas Morrison.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1908771 - 09/12/03 06:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

good luck lk

Offlinelizardking
journeyman
    #1909315 - 09/12/03 11:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well im uploading to the shroomery server this time so hopefully it will work. the last pic is of the one i thought might be a psilocybe, it has a veil (unattached) the colouration matches the general colour scheme of psilocybes and the spore print( i obtained one!!) is a dark blackish/purplish colour. i hope someone is interested in playing with the spore print ( if it is of interest that is... ??)as I'm way too inexperienced to handle something like this.

hope you guys like these pics, and thank you for the kind words bout the OG gallery, but its nothing really, i owe it all to the generous souls who helped me and taught me how to grow, both ganja on OG and CW and shrooms here on shroomery!! thank you! and enjoy the pics!

the second last pic shows the gills of a smaller specimen of the same species found growing close by, assumed it was from the same mycelial network..

--------------------
The future is uncertain
James Douglas Morrison.

Edited by lizardking (09/12/03 11:32 AM)

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1909554 - 09/12/03 12:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

mmm some of those look so yummy, the first one looks really nice. the last one im afraid is not a Psilocybe.

looks a LOT like an Agaricus which usually has a blackish/purple dark spore print. what color is the annulus and is the pellicule seperable? are the gills (very) close?

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1909583 - 09/12/03 12:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

p.s. i cant wait for more pics! hurry run.

Offlinelizardking
journeyman
    #1911607 - 09/13/03 01:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

well there was no separable pellicule which is what made me also doubt that it was a psilocybe but then again i never tried separating the pellicule from my homegrown cubies, only from wild mushrooms i found and never been successful :smile:

the annulus was dark coloured but since the spores are a dark purplish to black colour i assume they coloured it and thus i cant give a more accurate description of the annulus.

i agree bout the first one - i saw it growing a bit down the mountain, treacherous ground but i just had to go take a pic. knees were unsteady from hiking up then down the rugged terrain all day but i managed not to send myself tumbling down the slope! the mushrooms was just too attractive not to take a pic of, and im glad you like it too.

i cant wait to show you guys more pics either :smile:

peace
ds

--------------------
The future is uncertain
James Douglas Morrison.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1912238 - 09/13/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

:smile: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies