Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
hygrophorus conicus
    #1905023 - 09/11/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

A long time ago when I started to learn about mushrooms one of the ideas that I kept comming across was that the hygrophorus conicus may be hallucinogenic, may be deadly, or maybe inactive. I read report after report and after writing it off as a misnomer gone astray, decided to forget about it. I was wondering about it lately though, as I have found so many out looking for edibles. Does anyone have any actual solid information as to the edibility of this species? I've read everything from some sort of tripped out San Francisco chef eating them and tripping, and similarly unofficial reports of children in Japan dying from them. This leaves me at a standstill. I've a pretty fair bit of knowledge as to the edibility of a great many species in the area, and though htis is fairly without in terms of consequence, was still wondering if I could get anyone to settle this damn thing for me once and for all. Deadly- hallucinogenic- edible - does anyone have a fucking clue? Siempre es lo mismo!

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Re: hygrophorus conicus [Re: buddhathehut]
    #1906392 - 09/11/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think you may getter better answers from our friends in the Mushroom Hunting Forum. :smile:  :thumbup:

Offlinepluteus
level-9 deviant

Loc: London area, UK
Re: hygrophorus conicus [Re: Effed]
    #1906722 - 09/11/03 05:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

this article on Hygrocybe conicus:
http://www.bluewillowpages.com/mushroomexpert/hygrocybe_conica.html
says just about all there is to say on the subject.

p.s. if you are interested in Hygrocybe (now separated from Hygrophorous by the vast majority of authorities) the following book is excellent: http://192.38.37.131/FNE/genusHygr.htm

Offlinebuddhathehut
readingrainbows.......

Loc: North Carolina
Re: hygrophorus conicus [Re: pluteus]
    #1907376 - 09/11/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

read it but thanks so very much!

--------------------
"If you do not want to go within, do you want to go out? But where will you go, since He ie everywhere in this universe, and surrounding this universe?" - Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder