Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: luvdemushrooms [Re: clam_dude]
    #1905624 - 09/11/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Read the link in the first post of this thread.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineclam_dude
stranger in astrange land

Loc: twilight zone
Re: luvdemushrooms [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1905907 - 09/11/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I see how Moore has edited parts of the movie, and of Heston's speaches. I fail, however, to see that Moore has put a new spin on the overall set of morals and values that the NRA stands for. For example, the cartoon that compares the NRA to the KKK is historically flawed. The NRA is not a bluntly racist group like the KKK. However, in Moore's interview with Heston at the end of the film, Heston states that the number of deaths in the US is related to the ethnic diversity.

I personally agree with Moore that we need more gun control and i think that Heston is a sleezball. Too bad that Moore felt he had to be decietful to get his point across. He did not have to.

--------------------
"I would like to thank god for making me an atheist" - Ricky Gervais

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1905923 - 09/11/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Heston is such a 'sleezball', he marched side by side with the civil rights protestors during the movement. I wonder what Moore was doing then. Probably sucking on his mama's tit.

Offlineclam_dude
stranger in astrange land

Loc: twilight zone
Re: luvdemushrooms [Re: shakta]
    #1906111 - 09/11/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Just because Heston did a good thing doesn't mean he's not a sleezball. He just wants to be seen diong good things for good publicity. It's kind of like business. They always use cute little kids in commercials. Many of these companies are exploiting kids on the other side of the globe)

--------------------
"I would like to thank god for making me an atheist" - Ricky Gervais

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1906150 - 09/11/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, OK. The fact that he marched with MLK before it was popular was for publicity. I am sure that helped him a lot with the '60s white audience going to the movies. :rolleyes:

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1906151 - 09/11/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

clam_dude said:
The NRA is not a bluntly racist group like the KKK.

Are you implying that the NRA is secretly racist? If so, this is an incredibly ignorant assumption with absolutely no basis in fact.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1906176 - 09/11/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
Yeah, OK. The fact that he marched with MLK before it was popular was for publicity. I am sure that helped him a lot with the '60s white audience going to the movies. :rolleyes: 

:lol: Very well said.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1906182 - 09/11/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

clam_dude said:
Just because Heston did a good thing doesn't mean he's not a sleezball. He just wants to be seen diong good things for good publicity. It's kind of like business. They always use cute little kids in commercials. Many of these companies are exploiting kids on the other side of the globe)

Just like leftists in the U.S. exploit fear and disgust of racism. Lacking rational arguments to counter their political opponents, they accuse them of racism.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Moore sucks! [Re: clam_dude]
    #1906193 - 09/11/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Hey clam_dude, you don't need to type the nick into the subject line

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: luvdemushrooms [Re: Autonomous]
    #1906209 - 09/11/03 03:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That happens every day. The Texas Democrats leaving the state is a current example. Instead of staying here and doing their fucking jobs, they run away, and claim the Repubblicans are racists and that they are trying to take away minorities right's to vote. It is a totally ridiculous statement of course, but that doesn't matter.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1906787 - 09/11/03 06:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

HEH. Hahahahahahahahahaha *ROFLMAO*

It's amazing how some people distort things and have no idea of the actual issues. Congrats if that is all you have gotten out of a pretty pivotal example of bravery in today's govt. Hopefully they will all go back and stick their thumbs up their asses like the rest of today's politicans.

For the people and by the people like you... wow, what a wonderful world.

Like Senator Byrd, I continue to cry for my country.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1906823 - 09/11/03 06:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

why is heston a sleazeball?

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: luvdemushrooms [Re: ]
    #1907579 - 09/11/03 09:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think anyone that would assuse Heston of being underhanded or a "sleazeball" is totally ignorant You might disagree with him, but he is an honest man. Ithink that liberals just don't like honest, straight shooting, white men, and they like to lamblast them as much as they can.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: luvdemushrooms [Re: lysergic]
    #1907697 - 09/11/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Texas Democrats leaving the state is a current example. Instead of staying here and doing their fucking jobs, they run away, and claim the Repubblicans are racists and that they are trying to take away minorities right's to vote. It is a totally ridiculous statement of course, but that doesn't matter.

I've been following the Texas situation since the beginning and that is the most biased interpretation of what is going on that I have ever heard. Don't misrepresent the situation to those who don't know what's going on. At least provide a link to the Dallas Morning News or Austin Times or Houston Chronicle so people can read a fairly unbiased report of whats going on if you're gonna bring shit like that up.

the race card is far from the core of their position and you know it. As a matter of fact, I havent heard that they were saying that from anywhere else but YOU. Why not bring up the 10 year Federal Mandate, shakta? Why not admit to the blatant attempt at unconstitutional gerrymandering and "divide and conquer" district line strategies? Why not own up to the fact that the Republicans are pulling dirty tricks to get more "safe seats"?

Dont get me wrong, I think the yellow dogs are fucking chickenshits but at this point they dont really have any other options besides taking it up the ass from those cowboy thugs.

I would run away from a fight before it got to the point where I had to take something up the ass.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: luvdemushrooms [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1908108 - 09/12/03 12:42 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Well I live hear. You obviously need to do a bit more homework on the subject my friend. The race card is exactly what they are playing. They are trying to prove it in court as well.

Your assertions about the facts are not surprising. The state house and senate never got a chance to update the district lines. A court did it for them. The Dems have controlled the state government for over a 100 years, and the first time something happens they do not like, they run to New Mexico, and spew bullshit propoganda. There are no dirty tricks going on. The process thus far has been ruled perfectly legal. One interesting point is that each of the 11 cowards owes the state $57,000 a piece for diserting their posts. The fines were levied according to the State Constitution.

As far as educating everyone else here on the subject, that ain't my problem.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1908233 - 09/12/03 01:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I live "here" too, my friend, and Doctor J's post was dead on. You are missing the bigger picture, my "friend". And it is sad, so very sad. But in essence very telling and serves as a great reminder as I work with those that are quite well versed on this issue and very in touch with the dems involved that there are many that still choose to see it not even in black and white or grey, but in some murky shade of red blood clay spewed by Delay and friends.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: luvdemushrooms [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1908840 - 09/12/03 07:16 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That made no sense at all. What the hell are you talking about?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1908897 - 09/12/03 08:21 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

lol..

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1909749 - 09/12/03 01:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Clarification:

You choose to focus on something that isnt even paramount to this fight and focus on the issue designed by Delay and his ilk to pull the wool over the eyes of those who were waking up to the injustice. By engaging in the race debate in the old south, it becomes a murky mess. This was not a card played by the Tex Dems first and is not a key issue of theirs. Its a sparring inssue, of course. I moved back to this state, due in large part to this battle. I felt my activism needed to jump back into the belly of the beast. So, from the inside it's just appauling to me that this is what you are choosing to see and I find that telling of the public at large considering the tactics that are being used.

Of all the people Ive talked to, you are, just like DoctorJ said, the first to see things in that manner.

I dont understand why the last post was so difficult to get, but I hope this helped you.

--------------------

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: luvdemushrooms [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1910693 - 09/12/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Big words do not an argument make.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom