Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblecactusguy
ummm?

white fuzz, thats not mycelium?
    #1906104 - 09/11/03 04:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

innoculated 48 jars 4 days ago ... 2 Penis envy syringes used and 1 costa rica, and 1 thai koh sss.... 12 jars with each syringe .. syringes were obtained from shroomery vendor .... 1 of the penis envy syringes had what i call "floaties" or "slime" floating around after shaking .. not any particular color kinda transparent ... other penis envy looked like glitter in side  :smile: but i want ahead and used both now the only jars that are showing any sign of anything are the 12 innoculated with the "slime" syringe .... i have seen this before when ordering from the same vendor but always threw away jars that looked that way.But i wanna know whats up this time , if it bad good or ugly ? :confused:

from the pics it probally looks like mycelium but its not ...... its very thin and fuzzy does not look like any mycelium i have ever seen before that has fruited ....

also the white parts are exactley where there were spore shot into the cake .....

could the water have a contam in it that looks like this ? 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: white fuzz, thats not mycelium? [Re: cactusguy]
    #1906334 - 09/11/03 05:45 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The pictures are too blurry but as far as i can see, they look colonized with mycelium. If the spores for some reason, germinate inside the syringe and then are inoculated, such syringe will boost colonization time because they skipped the germination process, that's why, i think it shows so compact and strong growth.
Btw, you forgot something very important about this issue, germination timings and comparison with the other jars.
At this stage i would give it a shot and wait a bit more but remember that some kind of green molds are white before they release their spores.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblecactusguy
ummm?

Re: white fuzz, thats not mycelium? [Re: MAIA]
    #1906372 - 09/11/03 05:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

the only jars that show any signs are the 12 shot w/ the slime syringe the other jars still remain clear as a bell ..

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #1907079 - 09/11/03 09:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

True the green Ugly is white before it turns that forest green. But by reading your thread, i get the impression that you are experiencing cobweb mold at an early stage. Most of the time I see cob web during casing but I have saw it devistate a culture in a matter of days. Furthermore, by looking at you photos, blurry as they are, you cultures exhibit mycelium growth. Just hold off and see what becomes.....and which vendor did you get your syringes from? That way we will know wether to buy syringes from them or not if they prove to be contaminated. And you hve had this problem before in the past from the same vendor's products? Please clarify

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

Invisiblecactusguy
ummm?

Re: white fuzz, thats not mycelium? [Re: UncleMike]
    #1907450 - 09/11/03 11:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

its strange i know the pics "look " like mycelium but .. looks like each grain of vermiculite was "attacked" by a white mold not a continual flow of mycelium .. not mycelium..imo(wish it was )
none of my other jars i innoculated on the same day show signs of any thing .. except for":all" shot with ths suspicious syringe, i have had this prob before with the same vendor but alwasys thought it might be me ..... but this time i was watching this partucular syringe and by golly,
im having problems with just those jars

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1908681 - 09/12/03 06:10 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Don't accuse anyone until you're 110% sure. If it's indeed the syringe, PM the vendor first and explain him the situation, if you are not satisfied PM me or any other moderator. Bottom line, don't lose your head right now by turning this into a public discussion with names involved, it will get really nasty.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblecactusguy
ummm?

Re: white fuzz, thats not mycelium? [Re: MAIA]
    #1909360 - 09/12/03 01:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Trust me i wont be naming names ,, i do like the vendor i have had some good luck with them as well ,,, maybe a better description is that my jars to be growing a crystally substance around all the rough edges of the substrate(vermiculite) not the usually bright white whispy sing of mycellium .. i seperated the dozen jars and will just be patient .... its possible that 1 syringe out of who knows how many the vendor picked from had gone bad ... in not worried about the 12 jars just dont want it to spread out of control and Then Have a problem.... thanks 4 your help freinds

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum