Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
entheoge use among the druids
    #1903213 - 09/10/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

i hate the expression entheogen but im usin it here cuz people keep telling me psychomagosmic isnt a word.

nowadays the druids are made out as some sissy tree huggers prancin around inf the forest. the truth is quite the opposite there was a hell of alot of human sacrifice goin on in them forests. anyway i was just hearing about how they recently unearthed proof of entheogen use by the druids.

they used to sacrifice alot of people at peat bogs, it oreserves the bodys real well and when they cut apart some corpses they found recently they found that the sacrificees where force fed ergot infected grains before they where killed. its significance is unknown an i think people are researching to find if they used ergot outside of sacrifice.

i know is not really spiritual but i couldnt think where ot put it.

penny for your thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: entheoge use among the druids [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1905446 - 09/11/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The druids were pretty cool.. ruins and those fucking hooded, black robes. Definitely my cup of tea.

In other news, the Vikings would eat a certain mushroom around here before they went into battle or on a good ole' looting and plundering.. They would also drink their piss afterwards, to bring the poisons back into their systems.

Okay, killing is wrong, in our society.

But, in a society like that, it must have been quite the spiritual experience to take their mushrooms and go into sacred battle..

I am also a big fan of Norse Mythology. You know, Odin, Thor, Heimdall, Loki, Frey, Freyr, Baldur, Indunn.. The stories are the fucking best...

So, where the FUCK is my penny? :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: entheoge use among the druids [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1905492 - 09/11/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

most of those peatbogg bodies are inconclusive as to why the people were killed, and alot of them were accidental...saw a thing on tv recently about them

Most sacrifices in ancient cultures were done out of love, to appease the gods in times of crop season hardship...

they would give em coca drinks before killing them and stuff too... its really strange but i guess thats better than just killing out of anger etc

now the druids...i dont know much about them but I think focusing on sacrifices isnt the main point... you cant love death without loving life, and therefor you would preserve it before needlessly ending it

thats the way of the medicine man.

--------------------
I&I

Edited by Rastafari (09/11/03 01:10 PM)

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: entheoge use among the druids [Re: Rastafari]
    #1905505 - 09/11/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I've got viking in my blood

I think that there must have been really spiritual vikings but alot of them who raped and pillaged were not the type.

the christian 'crusaders' also thought they were being spiritual.

nothing wrong with norse mythology but peoples interpretations (like the crusaders of jesuses teachings) can be way off.

--------------------
I&I

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1905691 - 09/11/03 01:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Just read your post about this in a recent thread, Lazerouth, I swear to God I didn't see it beforehand.. Cool coincidence, eh? :grin:

I was just imagining what it would be like to be a Viking and to experience it exactly as they did.. And what about the Viking Beserkers? I believe it was them especially that took the amanitas.. insane stuff!

Never heard about the Christian crusaders, the Norse mythology I read was all about the Gods and their doings.. Odin and him giving his eye for infinite wisdom, Thor's battles with the giants.. The story about the golden apples, the Midgard serpent (and the time Thor caught it fishing..), Tyr losing his hand to chain up Fenir the wolf... Loki and his three kids (Fenrir, I believe the Midgard serpent, and that hideous girl).. the making of Thor's hammer..

Anyways, there was a book I always checked out and read back in elementary school, complete with good illustrations.. The stories really meant something to me, I guess. I really wanted to believe in Odin and these Gods rather than our God and Jesus, it was so much more exciting and believable to me..

I remember actually taking the book in to Confirmation and talking to the pastor about it. I showed him the story of the Armageddon, and how the higher God, Gimle (the Christian God) came down from a higher place and took reign over these worlds.. I wanted to know why it couldn't have actually happened like this, and then God took over and both beliefs fit in perfectly.. Alas, he shut me down. :grin:

What I didn't get back then was why the one source should be held in higher esteem than the other, I guess.. I guess the seed was always there, that led me to where I am today.. Thank Odin! :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1905978 - 09/11/03 02:28 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

werd.

well christian crusaders was an example of people who think their doing good or living as gods children, but doing the opposite of the teachings (they would go abroad to slaughter anyone non-christian)

in the same sense I have mixed feelings about the vikings...

I am not very familar with the norse religion but I beleive that it probably came from the same peaceful source as all other religions...therefor the certain vikings who went around killing and raping were not acting in a spiritual manner.

--------------------
I&I

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1905992 - 09/11/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Check out this link if you are interested in reading some of the stories, they are listed in the table of contents..

It still does not compare to the book I always read in elementary school.. each story was laid out in order, and it was just so fucking cool and easy to get lost in the world..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #1906049 - 09/11/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

fireworks post your home address in otd and ill gladly mail you your penny.

yeah the vikings taking mushrooms is daamn cool! imagine charging into battle and seeing odin riding sliepnir with you or thor swinging his hammer about :smile:

i was a huge fan of norse an greek mythology when i was a little kid i even won a national award for it.  i always found the storys very inspiring. loki was cool and i really related to baldur.

theres alot of estorisism in thems myths man i even tried taking lotsa acid and reinacting odin's pinning to yggdrasil along long time ago.

my blood is 100% celtic. the druids where always very ordered and estblished and doesnt fit well with entheogen use. but there was another class of priests that used to operate along side of them called the fili. they filled alot of important roles, they where historians, judges, poets and oracles. when you get to the bottom of it they where shamans to.  alot of their rituals involved the use of nightshades like mandrake and belladonna. theyd drug themselves up, sleep on graves and ask spirits about the future. even tried it myself once.   

they would wander all over the country helping people where ever they went. when the romans came they wiped the druids out pretty quick but the fili where smart enough to adapt and survived roman occupation.

i got a major tendency to rant but i thought it was kinda interesting. :P

peace out 

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: entheoge use among the druids [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1906100 - 09/11/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Um, maybe the penny should just go to the famous "give a penny/take a penny" collector somewhere, it is more worthy than I am.. :grin:

The world and the experience locked within Norse Mythology is so profound and inspiring, so pure..

Oh god.. my hearing just got so very distorted, and I am feeling so fucking weird... what the hell????

Sorry, but I couldn't help but document that happening, it was so fucking bizzare...

Anyways, I would love to take a Level 5 trip and experience the stories as they happened.. from the Creation to all the different shit that happened all the way to Armageddon.. the whole fucking saga..

How they tricked the giant into building the stone wall after their gold wall was destroyed by the Vanir, Loki ended up transforming to a horse and leading his horse away so he couldn't meet the deadline, and Loki ending up giving birth to Sleipner.. just all these stories that are so vivid and paint this picture...

Anyways, yeah. Definitely some cool shit, Norse mythology.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds