Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebedetached
supercalifragolisticexpialidocious

Loc: your mind
getting off anti-depressants
    #1903122 - 09/10/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

im getting off anti-depressants tomorrow, and im honestly alittle scared. the anti-depressants im taking are called Remeron. im alittle scared that perhaps the chemicals wont be the same...like maybe the regulation of saratonin wont be the same. has anyone else ever gone through this...what was it like?

--------------------
through our senses the world appears. through our reactions we create delusions. without reactions the world becomes clear.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLaxy

Re: getting off anti-depressants [Re: bedetached]
    #1904273 - 09/11/03 04:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

our bodies constantly try to acheive homeostasis. therefor they are remarkable at overcoming drug dependicies, etc. I even read that if you basically became an e-tard that taking a few months off would turn you back to normal, maybe "normal" is taking it a little too far, but you won't be AS fucked as you were before. Hope this helps a little.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1904365 - 09/11/03 05:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Have you been decreasing your dose slowly? If not, it is important that you do, so that your brain can adjust. Go eg. 2 pills for a week, one and a half for another week, one for a week, half for a week - even a quarter, then for a week if you want to. Otherwise you might have withdrawal symptoms including feeling depressed for a little while. If you have been feeling happy for some time - it should be fine coming off. Just remember you were normal without antidepressants once and so you will be again :smile:. If you haven't been feeling happy for very long on the pills, and you do get depressed even though you are gradually decreasing the dose then you may need to be on them for a bit longer.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineLaxy

Re: getting off anti-depressants [Re: enotake2]
    #1904688 - 09/11/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I learned in school that several famous pyschologist agree on the theory that depression is just your soul kicking you in the face because you haven't found some kind of power yet. It also says that is the reason why we repeatedly act in certain ways that we say "he i'm never going to date a guy/girl like that again" (this is one example. Pretty interesting stuff. When the professor was explaining it I kinda had chills going down my back. One guy is named Hillman. He is actually still alive. Just something to think about. oh yeah, try some natural stuff like 5htp, I take it for pre/post loading on weekends I roll and occasionally i'll pop one if i'm in a shitty mood. It always puts me on cloud 9, heh. Take care mah man!

Anonymous #1

#1904783 - 09/11/03 09:45 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I cut myself off of paxil....I was expecting a lot worse....I didn't get the headaches but I have been getting these moments of dizziness which are supposedly part of the withdrawl....other than that been a lil moody here and there but I have tons more energy and I don't seem to feel any more depressed or anti social then I did when I was taking paxil...I think anti depressants/SAD drugs are over prescribed...if you think you can handle shit without em then go for it!

Jump to top Pages: 1